Hello once again and many thanks for taking the time to visit this Snapper 2691525 28-inch rear engine lawnmower review which will explain all you need to know and our own personal feedback before you make that all-important buying decision. Our review will outline all the key data, technical information, dimensions that you need to take note of along with the pros and cons which we came across and these are outlined further down on this page.
As there tends to be quite a lot of unanswered questions about this riding mower, we have included a short FAQ session that hopefully can answer some of the queries that you may possibly have also. To ensure you have a balanced review, we will also outline some samples and a summary of what the general public have said about it along with 2 videos that will give you a broader view also regarding it functionality and capabilities.
Riding Lawn Mower Review Content:
- Part 1: Quick Overview & Video Demo
- Part 2: Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 3: Snapper 28 Inch Rear Engine Riding Mower Review – Pros & Cons
- Part 4: Technical Information
- Part 5: What the General Public Say – 5 Examples
- Part 6: Conclusion
As guide prices can only be shown as the time of the Snapper 2691525 review, please ensure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Part 1: Quick Overview & Video Demo
|Model:||2691525 28 Inch Riding Rear Engine Riding Mower|
|Power Level:||11.5 HP 344cc|
|Engine brand:||Briggs & Stratton Intek|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||1.35 gallons|
|Warranty:||Residential is 3 years and commercial is 90 days|
|Price Level:||Generally, a price of $2k+ Applies - View Today’s Price Here|
Quick Video Demonstration:
Part 2: Frequently Asked Questions for the Snapper 2691525:
Q1. What type of start system is available?
A. This lawnmower operates with a key start system but has a manual rope also
Q2. Can it operate in reverse?
A. Yes, this Snapper riding mower can operate and mow in reverse
Q3. What are the speed levels available?
A. The forward speed is 1 to 4.5 mph and the reverse speed is 0 to 1.9 mph
Q4. What is the capacity of the fuel tank?
A. The fuel tank capacity here is 1.35 gallons
Q5. What is the transmission differential?
A. There is a 5-speed disc drive
Q6. What are the overall dimensions?
A. The dimensions are 66 inches by 32 inches wide. The height is 43 inches
Part 3: Snapper 28 Inch Rear Engine Riding Mower Review – Pros & Cons
Snapper 28 Inch Rear Engine Riding Mower 2691525
Key Features to Note:
4 Cycle OHV Engine
Briggs & Stratton 11.5 HP
Vertical Edge stand ability
Engine Model Intek
Number of cylinders is 1
1.35 gallon Fuel tank
Disc drive transmission
Key and manual start
Speed 1-4.5 mph
Mows in Reverse
Residential warranty 3 years
Lawn Mower Description:
- This riding lawn mower from Snapper is one of the smallest framed riding lawnmowers around but thankfully is matched with a lower price tag which makes it more affordable for the average home owner. It operates with a key start and manual start system, it cuts a mow width of 28 inches and the turning radius is also 28 inches.
- It comes with a 11.5 HP 4 Cycle OHV Briggs & Stratton engine and it has the ability to be stood vertically which is ideal for people with limited storage spaces. It can mow in reverse as long as the mower pedal is still engaged, and it offers a speed level of 1 to 4.5 mph and a reverse speed level of up to 1.9 mph
- The fuel tank can hold a capacity of 1.35 gallons, it operates with a 5 disc drive transmission and it offer 5 mowing heights that range from 1 to 4.5 inches which is mechanically adjusted with a lever.
- A stand is integrated to allow storage in a vertical position which works better for small garage sheds and the steering wheel is comfortable to use and is easily adjusted. Mowing work time is significantly reduced when compared to push lawn mowers and the deck can be cleaned underneath when it is stored in the vertical position.
- The warranty for residential is 3 years long while it is only 90 days when used for commercial reasons. The mow heights range from 1 to 4.5 inches and it offers a turning radius of 28 inches. The design is compact, it is simple and easy to use and the controls are easy to reach with a convenient 5 speed shift on the go disc drive mechanism system.
Price Guide: TBC - View Today’s Price Below
Further images are outlined below for the Snapper 2691525 28 Inch Rear Engine Riding Mower
Pros for the Snapper 2691525:
- Little to no assembly work is needed on your end upon arrival as it is more or less ready to go straight from the box
- It has the ability to mow in reverse as long as the pedal for the blade is still engaged. This works great in tight corners
- Many other ride-on lawn mowers can have significantly higher costs yet this smaller version from Snapper offers more affordability
- The speed levels it offers is quite good and even the higher speed of 4.5 mph compares well against other tractor riding lawn mowers.
- We found it to be easier to manage around trees as the frame is quite small – you can get in through them and work unlike the larger type framed tractor mowers
- One great feature we see is the fact that there is a stand bolted to allow you to store this machine in a vertical position which is ideal for people with limited storage spaces.
- Overall, you get a compact sized ride on mower with a reliable Briggs and Stratton Intek engine which has proven to work for the years and seasons ahead
Cons for the Snapper 2691525:
- For a grass catcher to be installed, it needs a bagging blade also
- They don’t have the ability to pull heavy loads as they have a friction disc drive
- Struggles with heavier users such as people who would be in the 300 Ibs category
- There is no cup holder that is seen elsewhere on other tractor mowers – plus there are no headlights available either so you are limited to day time work only
- The seat offers limited comfort and gets a bit uncomfortable with bumpy gardens – more cushioning would have gone a long way
- In terms of riding lawn mowers, the frame is one of the narrowest you will come across as the mow width offered is only 28 inches.
- The cutting deck is narrower that the wheel width so it is impossible to cut tight around corners and flower beds – further trimming work will be needed to give a neater finish.
Length 66, width 32, height 43 inches
190 battery cca
5 speed disc drive
Number of cylinders = 1
Gross HP 11.5
Fuel tank 1.35 gallons
5 cutting heights
Hi-Vac deck type
Further Technical Information:
Forward speed 1 to 4.5 mph
Reverse speed 0 to 1.9 mph
Cutting Heights 1 to 4.5 inches
Welded steel front axle
Adjustable seat 11 inches
Cutting width 28 inches
Mechanical mower deck lift
28 inch turning radius
Part 5: What the General Public Say – 5 Examples
To give you a broader view of what other people say about this riding mower, take a look at the 5 examples provided below…
- It is easy to start and the oil is easy to drain. The smaller size works better for my yard and getting in and out through the trees and the fact it can be stored in a vertical position is a major plus.
- It reduced the mowing time significantly when compared to my push lawnmower and the job was completed with a lot less effort. Changing the oil was simple to do and the steering quality works well around flower beds and patio borders
- Nice and nimble and worked well with the steeper slopes. The tight corners were easily managed as it was able to mow in reverse, but 2 people are needed to tilt it into the vertical position.
- The speed changing on the fly works smooth and it as great fun to try out and use for the first time. Well impressed overall and it mulches the grass very well. Changing the mowing height to suit the grass conditions was easier than expected for a ride on mower.
- Wasn’t worth the level of money needed - cutting path is narrower than the wheels so you can’t cut tight against borders. Trying to shift into reverse and getting it to operate and mow in reverse was extremely difficult to do. Plus, the positioning of the controls could have be placed in a better designed area.
Do we recommend the Snapper 2691525 28 Inch Rear Engine Riding Mower? While it is not the best riding mower we have seen in the market, it does offer a great alternative to push mowing at a much more affordable price. We didn’t come across any major problems that cannot be solved in a few minutes. It is comfortable, easy to use, worked well on the slopes and the speed levels were more than adequate. It is more or less ready to go straight from the box.
The blade changing requires a bit of work but is manageable all the same. The frame is a lot smaller than your typical riding lawn mower but thankfully it comes matched with the much lower price tag. While our first impressions are very good, the true test will be in the years ahead but for now and the initial review, we certainly wouldn’t have any issues in recommending this riding mower to the wider public
What about you? Any personal experiences of using a Snapper 2691525 28 Inch Rear Engine Riding Mower yourself in the recent past?
If possible, please share your experiences and feedback with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment box section provided below – So that others can learn also!
- Hyundai Lawn Mower Reviews 2020 – Multiple Models on
- Snapper Lawn mower Review – 21 inch Gas Self Propelled Rear Wheel Drive on
- Flymo Easi Glide 330VX Hover Lawnmower Review 2020 – Video, FAQ’s & Comparisons on
- Hyundai Lawn Mower Reviews 2020 – Multiple Models on
- Westwood Ride on Mower Review 2020 – Which one is the Best? on