Hi again from Paul at Lawn Mower Reviews and today we are reviewing the Murray 42 Inch 15.5 HP Riding mower, so please take a look through this review if you are considering buying it in the coming days.
My objective and focus will be to outline its capabilities so you can make an informed decision if this riding Mower can meet your own individual expectations which includes video information also.
In addition, I will outline all the main key features that you need to be aware of with the advantages / pros and disadvantages / cons along with some frequently asked questions that came up that you should be aware of before you consider buying it.
Riding Lawn Mower Overview:
|Lawn Mower||Murray 42 Inch 15.5 HP Riding Mower|
|Model||15.5 HP Power built Engine|
|Engine||Briggs and Stratton|
Key Features (available in US and UK)
- Powered with Briggs & Stratton 15.5 HP Power-built engine
- Headlights allow mowing in dark conditions
- Width of mower deck is 42 inches
- Includes 7 different speed settings and OHV technology.
- Simple start system
- Steel front axle and a comfortable cushioned seat (adjustable)
- Ideal for larger sized lawns (1 acre plus)
- Solid and sturdy frame with a powerful engine to back it up.
- Ability to turn at an 18 inch radius
- 2-year limited warranty
- Ability to mow on various types of terrain (flat or hilly)
Additional images are also outlined below:
Frequently asked Questions:
Q, Is a deck wash included?
A, No, a deck wash is not included
Q, Can this ride on mower mow in reverse?
A, No, it cannot mow in reverse
Q, What is the width of the deck?
A, The width of the deck is 42 inches
Q, What level of assembly is required?
A, Very little assembly is required on your behalf except for the steering wheel
Q, Is the Mulcher Included?
A, No, the Mulcher kit can be ordered separately
Q, Is a Grass bagger catcher included?
A, No, a twin Grass catcher needs to be ordered separately (please quote model number 13AM775S058)
Pros / Advantages:
- Attractive price when compared to similar Ride on Mowers across the market
- Can move around tight corners at ease
- Little work needed to get started upon delivery
- Superior power in tackling thick heavy long grass
- Takes away the hard labour involved when comparing to a push mower.
- Can mow large areas in a significantly lower period of time
- Simple turn key start system
- Overall excellent feedback and customer satisfaction
- Great back up available at Walmart to deal with any issues that may arise
Cons / Disadvantages:
- Unable to mow in reverse
- No grass catcher included
- Battery cables need to be connected (minor issue)
- Heavy usage on gas (but is reduced also with less mowing time)
To ensure you get a broader view on riding lawn mowers, please make sure to check out the 2 brands below before you make your final decision
Lower PRICED Alternatives?
If you need to consider lower priced lawnmowers, then check out some of these popular lower priced lawn mowers as follows...
Furthermore, you can take a look at related Lawn Mower reviews as follows – Click any to Read More…
- Murray Riding Lawn Mower Review – Model 24 Inch Rear Engine Mower - View here
- Murray Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 125cc 20 Inch Push Mower Side Discharge - View here
On a final note, I hope this review of the Murray 42 Inch Riding Mower has helped you out and you can let me know your own personal experiences with Murray Ride on lawn mowers by leaving a comment below