Hello once again from Lawn Mower Reviews and today we have also decided to review the Powersmart Gas Self Propelled Mower to see if it can meet your own expectations so please take a quick look through this review if you are considering buying it in the coming days or weeks.
I will do my best to outline all the key important features that you need to be aware of plus the pros and cons along with some frequently asked questions that has come up that will be of interest to you.
Self Propelled Lawn Mower Overview
|Lawn Mower||Powersmart 21 inch Gas Self Propelled Mower|
|Engine||196cc 4 cycle OHV|
|Best Price Available:||Amazon - Check Stock Availability Here|
Key Important Features:
- Pull cord start system
- Mow with is 21 inches
- Powered by Gas and rear wheel drive
- Self propelled mower so no need for hard pushing
- Superior powerful 196cc engine
- 3 settings available for rear bag, mulching and side discharge
- 5 different height settings of 1.2 to 3.5 inches
- Rear wheels are 8 inches in diameter
- Size dimensions are 25 by 18 by 37 inches
- Mower weight is 91 Ibs
Additional images are outlined below
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Q, Is this a self-propelled mower or do I need to push?
A, It is a self-propelled mower
Q, Can this mower mulch?
A, Yes it has the ability to mulch along with side discharge and rear catching
Q, Can I adjust the mow heights?
A, Yes, you can adjust the height to 5 different levels
Q, What are the minimum and maximum mow heights?
A, The mow height ranges from 1.2 inches to 3.5 inches
Q, If self-propelled, can the speed be adjusted?
A, No, the speed cannot be adjusted
Q, How wide can this mower cut grass?
A, The cutting mow width is 22 inches
Pros / Advantages Powersmart Self Propelled Mower:
- Significantly more powerful engine of 196cc when compared to many other lawn mower models
- Large gas tank which requires less frequent filling
- Capability to mulch, rear bag and side discharge is a major plus
- Mulching option allows you to put the nutrients back into your own soil
- Having 5 different mow height settings allows a lot of flexibility to suit your own requirements
Cons / Disadvantages Powersmart Self Propelled Mower:
- Tends to be out of stock from time to time
- Lack of uncertainty on the warranty available (please double check prior to purchase)
- Inability to adjust the speed settings can be a little frustrating
- Minor past issues with the chute
Explore Other Brands?
As this Lawn mower can be out of stock from time to time, please also take a look at a selection of various other brands, models and prices which are outlined below that may be of interest to you also...
In addition – feel free to take a look at some further reviews that may be of interest to you as follows:
- PowerSmart Lawnmower reviews – Model 21 inch DB8621P Gas Push Mower - Read here
- Murray Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 125cc 20 Inch Push Mower Side Discharge – Read here
- Snapper Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 550ex 21 inch Gas Self Propelled Front Wheel Drive – Read here
Finally, I really hope that this review on the Powersmart 22-inch Gas self-propelled mower has helped you out and you can let me know your own personal experiences good or bad with your own Lawn Mowers by leaving a comment below.
Powersmart PSM9422SR mower…
A more than HORRIBLE mower!
Bought from Walmart Fall 2020 at $279 and used it once before the winter. Therefore the 90 day “warranty” was useless.
In 2021, it backfires at EVER start. The bag would not stay on the mower and fell apart. The starter rope does not stay in the open hook. I had to buy a replacement bag from Powersmart. The next mow, the Belt Protection Cover #203050146A broke and jammed the blade, locking the entire blade mechanism.
WHY would a mower company install a PLASTIC belt cover under the mower where the blade AND belt are spinning at several hundred RPM is beyond me!
DO NOT buy any product from this worthless company. Design is bad. Quality is bad. Materials are bad. You have been warned.
I like this mower! Had a craftsman and a Troy bilt. This is by far my favorite mower. It’s powerful and the self propel actually moves quickly. It’s great.
That’s great to know and many thanks for sharing your feedback with the wider lawnmower community – it is greatly appreciated, best of luck
I have a Model # DB8621C 161c, Guess what ? I’ve been looking for an air filter for this unit And no where to be found . How simple can this be! By the way this unit is sold by Home depot in Canada ( they can’t even help ) what’s my next step ? scrap it !!
I hope that can be avoided – have you tried Powersmart parts website – maybe they can help. Best of luck, I hope you can find a solution