Have you decided to buy an electric cordless Lawn mower from Homebase UK in the coming days or weeks? If so, then check out this quick review for the best Homebase Cordless Lawn mowers which are currently stocked within their Lawn mower catalogue portfolio. The range of brands is somewhat smaller than expected and the current stock availability appeared to be lower than anticipated so you will need to be somewhat patient when ordering selected models or brands from what we have seen.
After reviewing the range of Cordless Lawn mowers at Homebase, these are our top 3 best recommendations narrowed down to help you in your search but again you will need to double check current stock availability when you visit them directly as this will change in the coming months.
Lawn Size Guide
If you are unsure about the lawn mower you need for your own garden size, then check out the guide outlined further down on this page in the comparison table which outlines the garden size guide for each of our lawn mower recommendations in this review. This table will also allow you to see how the batteries compare side by side as well as the grass collection capacities and mowing heights in question for each. If you need to see how long it takes the batteries to charge up and how long the batteries are expected to last, again all this information is summarised in the comparison table outlined further down on this page
Read also: Popular Petrol Lawnmowers from Homebase here
Homebase Cordless Lawnmowers – 3 Recommendations
As we can only outline guide prices at the time of this review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information as promo discounts can be in place from time to time.
Number 1: Bosch Universal 36V 36cm Rotak Lawnmower
Ergoflex handle system
36V battery power 4Ah
Battery charging 125 mins
80% charged in 96 mins
For lawns up to 550m2
Mow cut width 36cm
Grass box capacity 40L
Push button starter system
6 mow heights 2.5 - 7cm
Grass combs for the edges
2-year standard warranty
Homebase Cordless Lawnmower overview:
- Our first recommendation when it comes to cordless lawnmowers from Homebase is the Bosch Universal 36-550 Rotak Lawnmower which has turned out to be a reliable and lightweight mowing machine and is designed really for small gardens up to 550 meters squared in size. The cutting width of this lawnmower is 36cm and it comes supplied with a charging unit and a 4Ah 36V chargeable battery that slots into the machine.
- It takes around 96 to 100 minutes to have the battery charged to approx. 80% level and you can expect the battery to mow for around 30 minutes on average which is dependent on the grass being cut and the mowing conditions (thicker and damp grasses will deplete the battery charge quicker)
- The handles on top work off the Ergoflex handle system which are comfortable and makes the mobility around flower beds and corners a doddle to do and of course it is so must easier to work with due to the lightweight design components. The heights of the mow settings can be adjusted with the push of a button and the quality of the grass clipping collection is quite good with very little left behind after you if any at all.
- The level of noise emitted is much lower than your average petrol mower coming in at just 88 dB(A) and this item is delivered free when using the standard delivery and it can take anywhere from 4 to 8 working days. While the price is higher than the corded electric mowers, you have more freedom and no cables to worry about also.
- While this would be our top recommendation, unfortunately it was out of stock at the time of this review but hopefully it will be back in stock again shortly or by the time you visit this page. For the warranty, you get the standard 2 years from Homebase and a third year can be added when you register your purchase directly with Bosch online (details are in the manual)
Price Guide: Usually between £400 and £450
Number 2: Powerbase 40V 46cm Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
2 batteries 20V each (40V)
Battery power spec 5 Ah
Battery charging 120 mins
Dual port charging system
Insert both batteries into slots
For lawns up to 600m2
Battery duration 25 – 35 mins
Wider mow cut of 46cm
Larger grass capacity 55L
7 mow heights 2.5 - 7.5cm
Standard warranty 2 years
Homebase Cordless Lawnmower overview:
- The second lawnmower from Homebase that we recommend is from a brand that you may not be too familiar with it and it’s the Powerbase 40V Cordless Electric Lawnmower which comes with a self-propelled capability and manual options. You get 2 separate batteries 20V each (total 40V) with a higher 5Ah power output level to last that bit longer and support the need around self-propelling energy requirements.
- This lawnmower is a good deal wider than the Bosch above coming in at 46cm wide, so it helps to reduce the number of passes required on your end. Time will tell if this lawnmower will stand the test of time but starting off, it certainly is impressive and was able to last for approx. 25 to 35 minutes mowing time depending on weather and mow conditions
- Both of the batteries need to be placed into the lawnmower at the same time and you get a dual charging port unit so both of the batteries can be charged at the same time which usually takes around 120 minutes to fully complete. Price wise, this machine is cheaper than the Bosch and you can expect to get your hands on it anywhere from £300 to £400 which of course is dependent on ongoing discount activities locally.
- A delivery date can be specified which costs more or you can choose the standard delivery when ordered online. Most electric lawnmowers have a plastic deck where this lawnmower provides a metal deck instead and of course getting an electric lawnmower that is self-propelled can be harder to find than you think as most as push lawnmowers nowadays.
- For the mow heights, you get 7 different settings that range from 2.5cm up to 7.5cm, it comes with a brushless motor for higher efficiency and the size of the grass collection unit is larger at 55 litres (15L larger than the Bosch). Finally, the handle can be folded down when not in use, it comes with a carry handle and grass combs and you also get the standard 2-year warranty to protect your garden investment into the future
Price Guide: Tends to be £300 to £400
Number 3: Flymo Easi Store 30cm 40V Cordless Rotary Lawnmower
Smaller lightweight machine
2 batteries 20V each (40V)
300 Lithium ion battery
Battery charging 100 mins
Insert both batteries to start
For small lawns up to 400m2
Battery duration 20 – 30 mins
Narrow mow cut of 30cm
Smaller grass capacity 30L
5 mow heights 2cm - 6cm
Rear roller for striped effect
Single lever height adjustment
Shorter warranty of 1 year
Homebase Cordless Lawnmower overview:
- Our third and last recommendation for you today is the lighter and smaller frame Flymo Easi Store 40V Cordless Rotary Lawnmower which is really for the smaller garden types and a guide sized garden would be up to 400 meters squared (or 450m2 at a push). This is a push cordless battery powered lawnmower which comes with two 20V batteries and both of them need to be inserted into the slots at the same time for the mower to start up and start mowing.
- The power of the batteries is lower, but you can still expect the batteries to last anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes depending on grass and mowing conditions and the battery charging normally takes up to 100 minutes on average. This is a lightweight machine with a narrow mow cut of just 30cm so it would be better to mow more frequently and don’t allow the grass to get out of control – otherwise the job at hand may become too difficult for this small lawnmower to handle.
- One of the advantages here is the lower price point and you should be able to get your hands on it for less than £300 when seen at the time of this review and the delivery schedule normally takes around 5 working days to deliver (plus or minus a day or 2). It comes with the name Easi store so as you would expect, this lawnmower can be folded and stored in an upright position which again is ideal for people who have limited storage spaces available in their garages or sheds
- Another advantage here is the rear rollers at the back to give you the striped effect but the size of the grass collection unit is quite small at just 30 litres so be prepared in advance for more frequent emptying of the grass box. There are 5 mow height settings controlled with a single lever that range from 2cm to 6cm, you get a shorter 1 year warranty and if a lower priced cordless lawnmower is what you are after, then take a serious look at this lawnmower from Flymo instead.
Price Guide: Less than £300 (standard delivery)
Comparison Table – Homebase Cordless Lawnmowers
If you need to compare each of these electric cordless lawnmowers side by side, then check out the comparison table below which compares the widths, power levels, lawn size guides, mowing heights and grass collection capacities for easier viewing before you make your final decision
|Cordless||Bosch Uni Rotak||Powerbase||Flymo Easi Store|
|Battery Voltage:||36V||20V x 2||20V x 2|
|Power:||4 Ah||5 Ah||2 Ah|
|Lawn Guide:||Up to 550m2||Up to 600m2||Up to 400m2|
|Battery charging:||125 mins||120 mins||100 mins|
|Battery Duration:||~30 mins||~25-35 mins||~20-30 mins|
|Mow Heights:||2.5 – 7cm||2.5 – 7.5cm||2 – 6cm|
|Grass capacity:||40 litres||55 litres||30 litres|
|Noise level:||88 dB(A)||96 dB(A)||85 dB(A)|
|Warranty:||2 to 3 years||2 years||1 year|
View also: Recommended Argos Lawnmowers here
After reviewing the best cordless electric Lawnmowers from Homebase, we hope this short list can give you some ideas to think about and perhaps give you some direction on which Lawn mower will best suit your own garden needs. We have included both push and self-propelled electric options as well as mowing widths that range from 30cm up to 46cm so there should be something here that can cater for your needs.
Which one would we choose today? As the Bosch Universal Rotak lawnmower was out of stock, it would have to be the larger and wider Powerbase 40V Cordless Lawnmower outlined above and further images along with todays updated price tag can be double checked below…
Optional Feedback – Have your Say!
Have you ever bought a cordless Lawnmower from Homebase in the past? Anything positive or negative to report?
Feel free to have your own say and educate others in the UK by leaving your comment in the comment box section provided below…