A big hello to everyone from Lawn Mower Reviews and today we have decided to review the Powersmart 21-inch Gas Push Mower to see if it lives up to its expectations and indeed the expectations of many mowers across the country.
My focus will be to outline the advantages and disadvantages so you can have a clear picture if this model can do the job you want it to do.
In addition, I also want to try and help you save some money in the process and show a really cheap place to buy so without further ado, let’s get started…
Key important Features:
- Mow deck width is 21 inches
- Gas powered
- Pull cord start system
- Mow height levels can be adjusted 5 times (1.18 inches to 3 inches)
- 3 separate settings of mulching, rear bag and also side discharge
- Rear bag catcher capacity is 18 gal.
- Wheels are 8 inches in diameter on the rear
- Size is 23 by 18 by 33 inches
- Mower weight is 66 Ibs
- 2 year limited warranty is not fully confirmed (seller dependant)
- Click Image to View today’s price
Additional images are outlined below – Click image to View Larger
Frequently asked Questions:
Q, Is this model self-propelled?
A, No, this model is not self-propelled
Q, What type of oil is used?
A, A standard 4 stroke 30 weight oil
Q, Does it have the capability to mulch?
A, Yes, it has the capability to mulch
Q, Can the mow height be changed?
A, Yes, it can be changed to 5 different levels
Q, What is the maximum mow width?
A, The maximum mow width is 21 inches
Q, What height can it mow to?
A, It can mow from 1.18 – 3 inches high
Pros for the Powersmart 21-inch Gas Push Mower:
- Allows 3 settings of mulching, side discharge and rear bag catching
- Simple assembly upon delivery (5 to 10 minutes work)
- Mulching will help put nutrients back into the soil
- The larger grass catcher bag at the rear requires less frequent emptying
- 5 different mow height settings allow you to adjust the mow height to suit your own requirements
- Lightweight which make it easier to move around
- Ability to mow around tighter areas
Cons for the Powersmart 21-inch Gas Push Mower:
- Cord can get tangled which is quite annoying
- Only suitable for smaller to medium size lawns
- Not enough power to tackle larger heavier and thicker lawns
- Need to double check the warranty prior to purchase – seller dependant
- Price is a little on the high side when compared to various other options on the market
- Some minor customer issues with oil leaking, loose bolts and loose wheels
If you are on the fence like me, then consider a Gas Pushed Mower that has a more popular brand and a higher rating overall such as the examples outlined below – Click your preferred brand or model to view larger or compare prices further at Amazon…
If you wish to look beyond Amazon, then take a look at the best top-rated Lawn Mowers for sale available at Walmart, who always have prices which are worth taking a look at.
In addition – feel free to take a look at some further reviews that may be of interest to you as follows:
- PowerSmart Lawnmower reviews – Model DB8631 Gas Self Propelled Mower – Read here
- Murray Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 125cc 20 Inch Push Mower Side Discharge – Read here
- Murray Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 140cc 21 Inch Push Mower Grass Catcher – Read here
- Snapper Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 550ex 21 inch Gas Self Propelled Front Wheel Drive – Read here
Finally, I sincerely hope that this review on the Powersmart 21-inch Gas push mower has helped you out and you can let me know your own personal experiences with lawn mowers good or bad by leaving a comment below.