Welcome to Lawn Mower reviews and here I have examined and reviewed the Snapper 21 inch Gas Self Propelled Front Wheel Drive 550ex series Mower which also has the rear bag, mulching and side discharge.
If you are looking to buy this model, then make sure to take a quick look through this review which will outline all the important features you need to be aware of, some frequently asked questions about it and also the pros and cons along with a comparison chart so at least then you can easily compare it against other models.
Lawn Mower Overview:
|Lawn Mower:||Snapper 21 inch Gas Self Propelled Front Wheel Drive Mower with rear bag, mulching and side discharge.|
|Warranty:||3 year warranty (limited)|
|Engine:||Briggs and Stratton|
|Engine Type:||550ex Series|
|Drive system:||Single speed and front wheel|
|Mower width||21 inches|
|Cheap place to buy:||Amazon - View Today's Price Here|
- Single speed front wheel drive system
- Includes Mulching, rear bag and a side discharge option
- More suited to flat areas up to 1 acre size
- Self-propelled which makes it easy to work with
- Briggs & Stratton Engine 550ex series and 140cc
- Simple starting with no choke or prime required – single pull only
- 6 different height adjustments
- Grip handles are adjustable for additional comfort
- Wheels are 8 inches front and back
Additional images are provided below…
Frequently asked questions:
Q, What type of cycle engine is it – 2 cycle or 4 cycle?
A, The engine is 2 cycle
Q, What engine is involved here?
A, Briggs & Stratton 550 ex OHV 140cc
Q, Is it assembled prior to delivery?
A, Yes, very little additional work is needed on your behalf once delivered. Unfold and attach the handle and add gas and oil
- Strong self-propelled for easy mowing and can be easily changed when reversing if needed
- Mow height can be adjusted to 6 different levels
- Low level of engine noise
- Easy to mow around obstacles due to light weight
- Converts easily from bagging to side discharge / mulching
- The warranty of 3 years gives additional confidence with a purchase
- Assembly time only takes about 10 minutes and includes oil with the delivery
- Affordable price level for what you get
- Smaller less powerful engine
- Single speed only where other models have variable speeds
- Smaller tank for gas so refuelling will be more frequent and it is important not to allow the fuel to deplete completely.
- Always make sure there is plenty of fuel in it and check the fuel level regularly
- Some mowers had trouble with starting the engine after refuelling so again it is important to keep an adequate level of fuel in it at all times
- Question marks of warranty’s being fully honoured.
- Routine maintenance is required
Please also note that I came across a number of similar models of Lawn mowers which are available to order online that may be of interest to you which are outlined below. If you would like to check these out, click on any Lawn Mower to read more at Amazon…
Lastly, I hope my review on the Snapper 21 inch Self Propelled 550ex Series Gas Lawn Mower has been helpful to you and feel free to let me know your own experiences with this model by leaving a comment below.
Final note - Feel free also to take a look at the higher spec Snapper Lawn Mower Review (Model 725exi Gas Self Propelled Front Wheel Drive) by clicking here