Hi there and a big welcome to this review about one of the top brands of Tractor Lawnmowers, the Cub Cadet. It is an all-American company that has roots from the famous brand International Harvester, one of the oldest and most popular farm machine companies.
If you are considering buying a tractor mower than look no further, the review below will help you decide to buy the best available tractor mower in the market.
Cub Cadet manufactures and markets a full line of outdoor power equipment and services globally – including four-wheel steer zero-turn riders; lap bar zero-turn riders; utility vehicles; lawn and garden tractors, lithium ion- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products; snow throwers and more. Cub Cadet Products are distributed worldwide through a network of independent retail dealers.
Tractor Mower Overview
|Tractor Mower brand||Cub Cadet|
|Model 1||XT1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower Lt 42 In. 18 Hp|
|Model 2||XT1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower Lt 46 In. 22 Hp|
|Stock Levels:||View today’s stock levels here|
Some Background Information first…
Cub Cadet was a premium line of small tractors, established in 1960 as part of International Harvester. The IH Cub Cadet was an entirely new line of heavy-duty small tractors using components from the previous Cub series tractors. In 2006, IH sold the Cub Cadet division to the MTD corporation, which took over production and use of the Cub Cadet brand name (without the IH symbol), to present day.
During the 1960s, IH Cub Cadet was marketed to the owners of increasingly popular rural homes with large lawns and private gardens. There were also a wide variety of Cub Cadet branded and after-market attachments available, including mowers, blades, snow blowers, front loaders, carts and so much more.
Cub Cadet is about what you stand for. It's about valuing strength and integrity above all else. It's about championing hard-work and commitment. And it's about staying true to the American spirit. All of the products are designed, engineered and built using the highest quality components sourced locally and globally. Based in Valley City, Ohio, the Cub Cadet brand is sold worldwide and represents American Ingenuity at its best.
The XT1 Enduro Series lawn tractors set a new industry standard. Reimagined from top to bottom, these riding mowers deliver exceptional mowing performance, are remarkably comfortable and are engineered to support a wide variety of attachments for all-season versatility.
A new muscular cutting system features stamped and fabricated cutting deck options built with heavy duty materials and an advanced belt design, ensuring durability and reliability while delivering the pristine Cub Cadet Signature Cut™ and an unprecedented level of bagging performance. Only Cub Cadet offers the protection of the Corrosion Defense System with E-Coat. A multi-step process electronically applies automotive-grade corrosion resistance with meticulous care to protect against wear and tear. The XT 1’s new steering system delivers optimized command and control at every turn. XT1 Enduro series is an all-around champion in the tractor lawnmower market.
Overview on Cub Cadet Tractor Lawn Mowers
Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professional and homeowners – including four-wheel steer zero-turn riders; lap bar zero-turn riders; utility vehicles; lawn and garden tractors, lithium ion- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products; snow throwers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its progressive dedication to exceeding owner expectations by delivering on its promise of better products, a better experience and better results.
Cub Cadet, the leader in outdoor power equipment, unveiled today at its National Dealer Convention the new standard in strength and comfort – the XT Enduro Series lawn tractors. Every detail in this new series has been crafted with strength in mind including the strongest warranty in the industry. In addition, a host of comfort and convenience features, including the industry's first Bluetooth maintenance monitoring system, combine for the ultimate owner experience.
Advantages of owning a Cub Cadet XT Enduro Series Lawnmower:
- Strongest warranty in the industry: Cub Cadet stands alone in the industry in offering both a five-year limited chassis and front axle warranty and a three-year limited powertrain warranty. Go ahead and cut the whole neighborhood's yards while you're at it – the warranty has no hour limit. Breakthrough cutting and bagging: A new muscular cutting system ensures unbeatable durability and bagging performance along with the amazing results of the Cub Cadet Signature Cut. Cub TripleGuard™ Corrosion Defense System: A precise, multi-step process with e-coat delivers automotive-grade corrosion resistance and protects your investment, keeping it looking good for the long run.
- Stronger options: The XT Enduro Series offers advantages at every step, like smooth and simple hydrostatic transmissions throughout the lineup, and more choices in fabricated and stamped decks for the ultimate in performance and endurance. Remarkable versatility: The XT Enduro Series delivers year-round versatility with a full line of attachments and accessories for mulching, towing, snow removal and more.
- Alongside its strength, the XT Enduro Series offers ultimate comfort and convenience – both on and off the tractor.
- Exclusive mobile maintenance app: Owners are connected directly with their tractor's performance like never before via a first-of-its-kind mobile app. Cub Connect™ alerts you about needed oil changes, blade changes and air filter replacement – another industry first from Cub Cadet. Incredibly responsive handling: A new, optimized steering system delivers comfort and command at every turn. New standard in comfort: Thoughtful design and refined touch points surround you in comfort, all packaged with bold new styling features like long-life LED headlights and high-back seat. Support when you need it: Cub Cadet is the only outdoor power equipment manufacturer offering owners dedicated customer support seven days a week.
- Feature for feature, you just can't beat all the advantages built into the new XT Enduro line and the fact that Cub Cadet has been proudly built in America for more than 50 years adds to the message of strength and American ingenuity that sets Cub Cadet apart from everything else on the market."
Some Common Questions about Cub Cadet Tractor Lawn Mowers:
- Question: Where is this Made?
- Answer: Parts made from different countries plus USA. Assembled in the USA
- Question: Is it best to use ethanol-free gasoline?
- Answer: Yes.
- Question: Is bagger unit supplied with the unit?
- Answer: No. It has to be purchased at additional cost.
- Question: Does it come fully assembled?
- Answer: No. Some easy assembly is required on your end with easy to follow instructions provided.
1, Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series 42 inch 18HP Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower
Overview of Features:
- The Cub Cadet XT1 42 in. riding mower features category leading strength, comfort and versatility. It's loaded with an 18 HP Kohler OHV engine for powerful performance and a hydrostatic transmission drive will provide you a smooth and simple operation that eliminates the need for shifting just push the pedal and go.
The signature cut 42 in. deck and incredibly responsive steering system manoeuvre around obstacles with ease and the sloped 10° adjustable seat and soft comfort grip steering wheel provides the ultimate in handling and comfort.
- It has optimized steering system for an incredibly responsive handling. Bright LED headlights for extended life and enhanced visibility in all-weather conditions. You use the lawnmower at dusk or dawn with ease and its LED lights will brighten up your yard. It has useful 12 easily selectable cutting height positions and a smooth lever engaged PTO provide the perfect cut for you.
- To drive it is just like you are driving an automobile. Tight 16 in. turning radius provides you smooth cutting and manoeuvring, whether straight away or around obstacles.
Innovative Cub Cadet open high-back seat that is designed with an oversized base and elevated back support for your ease and comfort. Soft touch, rubberized comfort grip steering wheel provides a solid feel and controlled steering. E-coat corrosion defence system resists wear and tear.
- Push button cruise control maintains a desired speed for consistent mowing Easy-fill 3 Gal. fuel tank with sight gauge provides side and operator position fuel level. Quick connect deck wash system provides high pressure water that cleans out grass and debris built up under the deck.
- Optional multi-seasonal attachments provide year-round versatility, including a twin bagger, snow thrower, sun shade/snow cab, snow blade, mulch kit, steel and poly carts and a rear spreader sold separately. A Cub Cadet LT42 comes fully crated and requires some assembly and meets California regulatory requirements
- Superior comfort when mowing your lawn
- Easy to use steering system to get around tight obstacles
- It provides 12 different mowing height adjustments to give lots of flexibility
- Excellent warranty level
- Slightly narrower cutting deck of 42 inches when compared to larger models
- Lower 18HP when compared to the 22HP model below
- Noise level associated to the engine can be high and may annoy your neighbors if they live close-by
2, Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series LT 46 inch 22HP V-Twin Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower
Overview of Features:
- The Cub Cadet XT1 46 in. riding mower features category- leading strength, comfort and versatility. It's loaded with a 22 HP Kohler V-Twin OHV engine for powerful performance and a hydrostatic transmission drive will provide you a smooth and simple operation that eliminates the need for shifting- just push the pedal and go.
- The signature cut 46 in. deck and 16 in. turning radius can manoeuvre around obstacles with ease and the sloped 10° adjustable seat and soft comfort grip steering wheel will provide you the ultimate in handling and comfort. It has optimized steering system for an incredibly responsive handling.
- The bright LED headlights for extended life and enhanced visibility in all-weather conditions. It has 12 easily selectable cutting height positions and a smooth lever engaged PTO provide the perfect cut. Driving like an automobile is has a tight 16 in. turning radius which provides smooth cutting and manoeuvring, whether straight away or around obstacles. Innovative Cub Cadet open high-back seat that is designed with an oversized base and elevated back support.
- Soft touch, rubberized comfort grip steering wheel provides a solid feel and controlled steering. E-coat corrosion defence system resists wear and tear. Push button cruise control maintains a desired speed for consistent mowing. Easy-fill 3 Gal. fuel tank with sight gauge provides side and operator position fuel level. Quick connect deck wash system provides high pressure water that cleans out grass and debris built up under the deck.
- It offers optional multi-seasonal attachments provide year-round versatility, including a twin bagger, snow thrower, sun shade/snow cab, snow blade, mulch kit, steel and poly carts and a rear spreader sold separately.
- The engine is rock solid. No power drop when the blades are engaged which is very impressive.
- The new LED headlights actually light your yard up for late mowing. Very good turning radius and acceleration.
- It is a lot easier to get on and off, especially useful for senior citizens. The double blade mowing deck which allows to mow at faster speeds and still get a good cut. It has the unique features.
- The best warranty and very comfortable. It is competitively priced at or below the competition.
- Plastic front wheel bearing wore out in some cases and needs to be monitored
- The hydrostatic drive takes time to getting used to. Slightly under powered.
- There is no light turn off switch. This model has bushings that need to be greased.
- The mulch attachment could be better attached.
- Mower engine noise can be a little on the high side
A Quick Comparison Table is outlined below
|Model||Mow Width||Engine Power / Size||Turning Radius|
|Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower (Lt 42 In. 18 Hp)||42 inch||18 HP||16 inches|
|Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series LT 46 in. 22-HP V-Twin KOHLER Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower||46 inch||22 HP||16 inches|
If you still on the fence about Cub Cadet Tractor Mowers and you wish to consider other Tractor Mowers under different brands, then check out some the stock levels by clicking on any of the models below…
Both these Cub Cadet Tractor lawnmowers provide similar features, however the 46in 22 HP model has a wider cutting width and has a more powerful engine. So depending on your lawn size you can choose the model which you prefer.
Cub Cadet many innovative features that are not found in comparable lawnmowers in the market. These are tough machines and will last you for years providing exceptional service at an economical cost. They are easy to maintain and operate and are backed by full warranty of Cub Cadet. I hope this review was useful to help you decide which lawnmower is best suited for you and after you have used them for a while please add your own comments and experiences either good or bad in the comments box below.
Further Tractor Mower Reviews can be viewed if needed as follows:
- Snapper Riding Mower Reviews – Model 46 inch 20HP -Take a look here
- Murray Riding Lawn Mower Review – Model 42 Inch 15.5 HP - Take a look here
- Spear & Jackson Lawnmower Reviews 2021 – Which One? on
- Spear & Jackson Lawnmower Reviews 2021 – Which One? on
- Spear & Jackson Corded Electric Lawnmower Review 2021 – Assembly Tips on
- Bosch Rotak 34 Lawnmower Review 2021 – Video Tips & FAQ’s on
- Bosch Rotak 34 Lawnmower Review 2021 – Video Tips & FAQ’s on