Greetings once again and welcome to this review which will outline some of the Best Tractor Ride on lawn mowers which are currently available to order and buy in the US marketplace at present.
Collecting a Tractor mower can be quite difficult if you don’t have the mechanisms in which it can be brought home so ordering online and getting it delivered to your home hassle free is a serious added bonus.
Prices can change from season to season but a number of different prices checkers are provided below to make sure you get the best value for your money so please make sure to check the best prices if you are serious about buying a tractor mower for your own home or business.
Getting a lawn mower is a good idea but what if I tell you that you can not only get a lawnmower but can also ride it while trimming grass from your lawn? Wait, what? I can even ride on it? How is it even possible? Yes, it is practically possible and you can ride your lawnmower while you are cutting grass from your lawn. These mowers are not push able like many others. In other words, you will be getting a Tractor ride on your Lawn Mower. Actually, in this lawn mower, you will be seated on the top of it just like a regular tractor and will be enjoying a tractor ride on this lawn mower. These innovative lawn mowers are no less than a tractor and can be turned, accelerated and stopped just like a vehicle.
Some handy tips before you buy:
- Before I start talking about buying tips for your tractor lawn mowers, you need to sum up your requirements keeping mid the terrain of your lawn. For example, you need to consider the bumps in your lawn, slopes and even number of trees (if any) because there are different types of lawn mowers for different terrain types of the lawns. Choose right size of the mower, in simpler words, it should comply with your requirements, for example, you can rely on a rideable lawn mower that is too big or too small for your lawn. Size of the lawn mower also matters when it comes to the no of trees, lawn shape and lawn size.
- Choose Right Size - While buying a lawn mower keep in mind size of the grass or bushes that you want to trim down because cut grass has to come out of the mower from the side of the mower. A lot of people think that the position of the mower from where grass will come out doesn’t matter but they are wrong because it really matters. For example, if the grass in your lawn is long sized then it should come out from the side of your tractor lawn mower.
- Or another option could be the use of the side bag. This option is best if you don’t want to put the effort in cleaning up your lawn after trimming but remember this option is not recommended for the long grass because in that cases you will have to remove the bags after every few meters of trimming and it can be annoying.
- Suitable Transmission - Now we are going to talk about tractor lawn mowers more technically. If your lawnmower has a hydrostatic transmission system, then it will be easier to ride it on your lawn else it can be difficult for you to work without any distractions. For example, in manual transmission systems, you can’t change gears without stopping the tractor mower.
- The game is not over yet because you also need to know that there are further two types of the hydrostatic transmissions. For greatest relief, pick a tractor with a pedal transmission system, where two different pedals control speed and course for forward and turn around.
- The other choice is the lever hydrostat. The lever is on the bumper and is easily accessible. In short, you should decide after you have fully analysed your requirements and other factors.
Selection of the Best Tractor Ride on Lawn Mowers (in no particular order)
- Will I get a warranty for this product?
- Yes, you will get a warranty for 2 years which means that you can ask for replacement or repair if found any technical problem in the mower.
- Can I use a Key to start this mower?
- Yes, this mower is quite easy to start because you will also get a key to start it.
- Will it have a reverse gear to move my mower backwards?
- A good question btw, yes it will have a reverse gear but remember, while you are reversing your tractor lawn mower, it will not trim the grass.
Pros / Advantages: The biggest advantage of buying this tractor lawn mower is its ideal size. As it is the best option for house lawns - You will have 5 different options to adjust its blades and cutting size while riding it in your lawn - It turns faster as compared to the larger mowers – Though this mower is smaller in size but it still has the powerful OHV Troy-Bilt Engine that isn’t less than a monster engine - Easy control over power and Steering wheel - It can move in both forward and backward directions which means there is an option of back gear in the mower.
Cons / Disadvantages: The biggest disadvantage of Troy Bilt mower is it does not cut the grass while you are moving backwards which means that you will have to turn your tractor lawn mower to trim off the left behind the grass.
- Can I use this mower to trim my small sized mower?
- Yes, you can use this ride on tractor mower to cut grass from your medium sized lawn but this mower is a bets suit for medium or large sized lawns.
- Does it havea manual transmission system or automatic transmission system installed in it?
- It has an automatic transmission system which means your mower will not need to stop while changing gears.
- Is it the best suit for my bumpy lawn?
- Yes, Husqvarna tractor mower is the best suit for little bumpy lawns but I would not recommend it if your lawn is too bumpy or if it has uneven slopes.
Pros / Advantages: As we have discussed above, the biggest advantage of this mower is its transmission system that is fully automatic. The automatic transmission system is advanced as a well advantageous feature - It is easily washable because it has a deck wash port that allows you to connect your water source to it - It can be used to trim the medium-sized or larger lawns and has a powerful engine - Air can easily flow through the deck which means that it won’t get heat up while you are using it on the lawn in hot summer for a longer period of the time - It can even operate if your lawn has small bumps in it.
Cons / Disadvantages: It has only two wheels on its deck which can result in uneven balance while turning it at a faster speed - It is not the best suit for your lawn if it’s too bumpy or contains uneven slopes in it.
- Can I use this Ride on tractor mower for a longer period of time?
- Of course, you can use this lawn mower for a longer period of time and the reason is its pure steel axel. It won’t easily break down for at least 2 years.
- I have an uneven lawn, should I buy this lawnmower?
- Yes, this lawn mower will be the best chose for people who have uneven or bumpy lawns.
Pros / Advantages: This lawn mower can be used to trim grass from bumpy, uneven and lawns that have slopes in them - Its axle is made up of steel that is perfect if you would like to use this mower for a longer period of time - It has a prevailing engine that is powered by the gas - For example, if you are trimming grass from your lawn and then suddenly realise that you have left a patch of grass behind then you can use its back gear and move backwards and during this movement, its blade will not stop working - Easily manoeuvrable
Cons / Disadvantages: It is the best suited for larger or medium sized lawns and hence is not a good option if you own a smaller lawn.
- What will be a warranty on its deck?
- Well, is moving deck has a pretty good warranty. It has a warranty of almost 10 years which is an outstanding opportunity for you to get it and use it for a longer period of time.
- How much gas can its container hold? Is it a fit suit for longer work?
- Yes, this riding lawn mower is the best suit for a longer period of grass trimming. Its gasoline container can take up to 3.5 gallons of fuel.
- Can I use it if my lawn has slopes in it?
- Yes, you can use it to cut grass from lawn slopes but it won’t work on high bumps.
Pros / Advantages: You can operate it even on slightly uneven lawn terrains. Which means that you can use it if your lawn has slopes or little bumps in it - Poulan riding mower has 46 inches of cutting blades. You can use it to cut down grass even from 10 acres if the area - Biggest edge of using this lawn mower is its power capacity. It can take up to 3.5 gallons of fuel before you start riding it in your lawn - It has EZT gear system that is advanced and highly easy to use - Its deck is a comparatively good long warranty of 10 years, isn’t it amazing? While on the other hand warranty for its engine will be for 2 years.
Cons / Disadvantages: Struggles with lawns that has too many high slopes or bumps in it. It is best for bumps if they are on the smaller scale - After you will get this product, it will not be fully assembled, so assembling it can take some of your time after it arrives your home.
- Can I attach or pull another blade or something behind it?
- Of course, you can and for this purpose, we have left a big hole of about 5.8’’ on its rear.
- Will I get a pair or mulching blades along with it or?
- No! you will not get any extra blades or mulching blades. You will only get standard blades to use on your lawn mower.
- Can I use during night time?
- By the way, it does not have any headlight on it. You can work in the night if you have a proper lightened system in your lawn.
Pros / Advantages: No additional oil filter will be needed. A filter is already built in it. It like just plugs and plays - This lawn riding mower works only on gas. So, its refuelling will be cheaper - It has a relatively powerful engine that cuts grass with power and accuracy - You can even attach another pull-able thing behind it using its rear hook - It has fast forward and backward gearing system.
Cons / Disadvantages: Though it can be operated only on gas that is cheaper but less powerful - It does not have a head light so you can’t use it in the night.
- What is its fuel capacity, is it small?
- The fuel tank of this ride on lawn mower can take up to 3.5 gallons of fuel in it.
- Is it too slow to cut?
- No in fact, it is one of the fastest lawn mowers in the world that can reach a speed of 6MPH.
- I doubt its engine is not too strong?
- No! you are wrong. It has 24HP Briggs engine that is powerful enough to get you going.
Pros / Advantages: It has a powerful engine. What else can you expect? - Can achieve speed up to 6MPH - Its gallon tank can take up to 3.5 gallons of fuel - Its electric clutch is easy to use and handle while you are using it in your lawn - Can trim grass from your lawn with the speed of 2.8 acres/h – Attractive price when compared and it is a brand you can trust
Cons / Disadvantages: It does not have a head light so you can’t use it in the night.
- Does it cut in the backward movement?
- Yes, it does cut while you are moving backwards. If you move backwards without turning the backward movement of the blades on then it will not work.
- Will I get a Mulching Kit?
- Yes, you will also get a mulching kit along with the final product.
- Will I have to buy some components of this lawn mower after it arrives?
- No, you will get each and everything along with it.
Pros / Advantages: It can cut even in reverse - There is a safety button to control blades while you are moving backwards - You will get a mulching kit along with the mower - It can turn up to 16 inches or radius.
Cons / Disadvantages: You cannot attach a snow remover to it - It cannot be operating in lawns that have very large bumps in it.
- How wide is the cutting deck?
- The cutting deck is 24 inches wide
- Can this ride on mower mow in reverse?
- No, this model cannot mow in reverse
- Does it have an oil drain tube?
- Yes, this model has the oil drain tube
Pros / Advantages: You can adjust the speed to 6 different levels which will certainly give you that flexibility so that you can work at your own pace - Includes the Mulch kit for you – Price is a huge attraction among many potential buyers
Cons / Disadvantages: The cutting deck of 24 inches is a lot narrower than most other models which means more mow passes are needed on your end which requires more time
- Are there headlights for mowing in the dark?
- Yes, there are headlights available for working later in the dark
- What is the width of the cutting deck?
- The width of this cutting deck is 42 inches
- What HP is associated for this model?
- This is a 15.5 HP Engine mower
- Is a mulch kit included?
- No, it needs to be bought separately
Pros / Advantages: Great advantage is the ability to shift through 7 gears while on the go - You have the Overhead value technology included (OHV) to prolong the life of the engine for you - Having the front headlights means you are not limited to mowing just in daylight hours - Provides an 18 inches turning radius to get around tighter spots - You are provided with a 2 year warranty for additional peace of mind
Cons / Disadvantages: Unable to attach a snow plough – Rear bag needs to be bought separately which is an added cost – Mulch kit not included
If you are thinking that perhaps the Tractor Ride on Mowers are a little too expensive for you, then take a look at some of the lower priced gas / electric / reel mowers as follows:
- Best Corded Electric Mowers – Take a look here
- Best Cordless Electric Mowers – Take a look here
- Best Reel Mowers – Take a look here
- Best Gas Push Mowers -Take a look here
- Best Gas Self-Propelled Mowers – Take a look here
Alternatively, feel free to check available stocks on Tractor Ride on mowers by clicking on any of the images provided below…
Finally, I would like to thank you for taking the time to visit my website and I hope this list for the best Tractor Ride on Lawn mowers has helped you out in some way…
Also, please share your experiences with Tractor Ride on Lawn mowers with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below