Welcome to this review on UK Reel Mowers where we will review and show 5 of the Best Reel Lawn Mowers which are right now accessible in the UK market with the true objective of making it simple for you to pick the one which suits you best.
Reel Mowers are extremely useful and inexpensive garden tools which can mow the grass every now and then during spring and summer months. Reel mowers come in different shapes and sizes and we want to help you pick the best one so at least then you can make an informed decision.
A large portion of us don't know about the different sorts of reel mowers and their different characteristics for instance you may most likely need a reel mower that has specific features, for example, the size or colour and so on to run with your grass and garden.
We are here to show and display to you a selection of the 5 best reel mowers in the UK and demonstrate the specialised differences between the different models of reel mowers, thus helping you in choosing the most fitting model for you and your own Lawn.
Before purchasing reel mowers, you need to know about the kind of garden you have and ensure you get one that matches the specifications of your lawn. For owners of little lawns which are level in nature then a push mower is the suitable decision for you. But generally, if you have a bumpy yard loaded with so much grass which keeps the push reel mower from cutting, at that point you are better off with a different kind of mower.
- Take care when transporting the mower to the lawn, as the cutting blades are sharp
- Always wear long trousers when mowing
- Do not operate the mower when barefoot or wearing open sandals
- Thoroughly inspect the area where the mower is to be used and remove all hard objects which could be caught up and thrown by the cutting mechanism
- Always ensure that the cutting mechanism is in good working order (have worn or damaged parts replaced)
- Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight to be sure that the mower is in safe working condition
- Only mow with sufficient daylight or with appropriate artificial lighting
- Never mow in the direct vicinity of persons (especially children) and animals
- Clean the mower after each use with a hand brush and a soft cloth
- Do not use water (especially no high-pressure sprays)
- Remove compacted grass cuttings from the blade area with a wooden or plastic implement
- Lubricate the cutting blades regularly to avoid oxidation
- Regularly check for loose or damaged cutting blades, and worn or damaged components
- The mower is equipped with self-sharpening cutting blades
- When necessary, take the mower to your dealer to have the cutting blades sharpened
- If the appliance should fail despite the care taken in manufacturing and maintenance procedures, repair should be carried out by an after-sales service centre for power tools
- Store the mower indoors in a dry place
- Do not place other objects on top of the mower when stored
1, Skil 0721 AA Push Reel lawn mower
- The skil 0721 has self-sharpening blades means you won't need to spend a dime on sharpening tools.
- It has a 5 blade cylinder for precise cutting which means you won't have to pass the mower twice over the grass therefore helping you to save time for other activities
- This mower has a soft grip handle for a better grip and additional comfort which means you can mow for as long as you want without hurting your hand
- It has a mowing height of 12 to 44mm and large screws for easy adjustment of mowing height and blade therefore helping you to cut longer grass without stress
- It weighs about 6.1kg which means you can easily move it from lawn to lawn and store in without using much of your space in your garage
- It comes with a 2 year warranty and has a very competitive price making it very affordable.
- The soft grip foam handle ensures a comfortable, secure grip and gives you extra comfort to work for longer hours without getting tired
- It has an attractive design which will make you to enjoy mowing from time to time fun
- It is compact and lightweight which means it can be stored in a place without taking so much of your precious space
- It is also Straightforward, has a robust design for easy assembly and efficient working and adds much more fun to the activity of mowing
- Great workout and a great form of exercise
- It lacks a grass catcher which could help keep grass off the mowed lawn.
- Narrower mow width when compared to other models
2, Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower
- Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower has a 40cm cutting width which is very wide when compared to other mowers and offers enough cutting space for a fast and easy cut thereby saving you time and money
- Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower weighs in at a robust 23.5 kg which is quite heavy for a reel mower but it's weight comes with more durability which means less maintenance costs
- It has Large cutting range from 25mm to 100mm which allows for larger and cleaner cuts
- Mowing the lawn becomes child's play thanks to the StaySharp cutting system which cuts the grass without the blades touching
- It has height adjustable handles in which you can easily switch making it easier to mow taller grass
- No petroleum, no electric and free to utilize whenever because it is relatively quiet.
- Well-built with heavy duty metal so it has a dependable and has an overwhelming good feel to it.
- Cutting edges are sharp and create an extraordinary cut
- Ergonomic design and quality to guarantee a smooth push.
- One thing I really like is the inner self sharpening framework to limit the requirement for sharpening.
- No grass catcher unless obtained separately
- Wheels can leave tracks on wet or drenched ground.
3, Husqvarna 64 16-Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower
- The Husqvarna 64 16-Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower has a strong solidified steel blade for quicker cutting execution and extreme durability
- It has a basic fingertip cutting height adjustment up to 2.25 inches and a maximum cutting height adjustment which is very simple to push even on tall grass. Ideal for gardens that aren't cut regularly.
- It has a simple to install collector for a significantly cleaner look to your yard after mowing.
- Solid and sturdy wheels enable you to move with greatest convenience, and more to that it also has cushioned hand grips which reduces hand fatigue
- This mower has an oversized removable grass bag which helps you in collecting grass and in turn keeping your lawn tidy.
- Lightweight and easy to push even in 6" tall grass.
- Low to non-existent operating and maintenance cost
- It is very noise-free and ecologically friendly
- No petrol or oil so no harmful emissions which means you won't have to worry about purchasing these items (fuel cost savings)
- Easy to assemble and very easy to push and it is easily transferred from front to side or back yards.
- Can be difficult to push in tall grass and is suitable for smaller type flat lawns
- Handle is a bit flimsy could have been made of sturdier pipes
4, Grizzly Reel Lawnmower Manual Twist
- At number 4 we have the Grizzly Reel lawn mower with a manual twist which actually worked a lot better than expected and it is worth serious consideration before you make your final decision
- This reel mower is seriously lightweight at only 6.4kg which making the task of working with this mower that much easier. It provides a nice level of comfort when working with it and you get the grass collection basket included as standard.
- These blades are made from Helical Steel sharpening and you get a decent size cut that comes in at 30cm. The basket could be bigger but still can manage to hold approx. 18L in terms of capacity
- The cut heights can be adjusted from 1.5cm to 4.5cm fairly easily and of course ot can be folded down when not in use. Again, one of the big attractions here is the fact that it weighs less than 7kg
- Finally, when last seen the price guide seems to be around the £60 level which can be checked below
5, Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Reel Lawnmower
- The Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Lawnmower has a horizontally mounted cylinder of blades which features 5 curved blades that cut against a fixed bottom blade for a scissor-like cut. This gives a finish to your lawn as they cut the grass cleanly without ripping it.
- The Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Lawnmower is lightweight at only 7 kg meaning it is easy to move around the garden no matter your age, size or height
- It comes with a 25 L grass catcher which means you will spend less time emptying and more time gardening. It also helps you save time for other activities
- Bosch AHM 38 G Cylinder Lawnmower is designed for a clean, precise cut which is more suitable for small lawn areas.
- It has a 38cm cutting width which gives you quicker trim and precise cut
- It has a 15-43mm height adjustment which makes it easier to cut taller grass without having to stress
- An ergonomic bar makes lawn mowing more comfortable, and the underset of the wheels makes pushing easier
- An excellent trusted brand that you can rely on
- With this mower you’ll be able to quickly and easily mow small lawn areas
- There is a technique to easy cutting with this which just seems to click in as you go
- Easily assembled, great all-weather mower, classic design, good blades that are adjustable
- Cuts perfectly on thick areas of lawn and has a reliable grass catcher
- Easy to put together and can be hard work at first if your grass is long but overall an excellent cut on lawn
- No worry of accidentally cutting cords and it provides an excellent workout and building upper body strength
- It doesn't reach to the edges of the lawn so you will need some clippers
- The basket is mildly annoying as it tends to fill up quickly which means more frequent emptying
I am glad to say the list of the top Reel mowers in the UK have been completely analysed, giving you all the different aspects that you need to be aware of before you choose. I hope those of you in the UK found this list of the top Reel Mowers in the UK helpful and please share your feedback by leaving a comment below.
Which one would I choose from this list? I don't want to influence your own decision but it would have to be the Fiskars first followed by the Bosch based on cut performance and reliability...