Welcome to this review on UK Reel Mowers where we will review and show 7 of the Best Reel Lawn Mowers which are right now accessible in the UK market with the true objective of making it simple for you to pick the one which suits you best.
Reel Mowers are extremely useful and inexpensive garden tools which can mow the grass every now and then during spring and summer months. Reel mowers come in different shapes and sizes and we want to help you pick the best one so at least then you can make an informed decision.
View also: Our Best Lawnmower Lists here
After mowing, you should clean the mower after each use with a hand brush and a soft cloth and avoid using water (especially no high-pressure sprays). You should remove compacted grass cuttings from the blade area with a wooden or plastic implement and then lubricate the cutting blades regularly to avoid any oxidation. Get into the habit to regularly check for loose or damaged cutting blades, and worn or damaged components and when necessary, take the mower to your dealer to have the cutting blades sharpened.
Best Manual Reel Cylinder Lawnmowers UK – 7 Recommendations
Video - Fiskars Stay Sharp Reel Cylinder Lawnmower
Video - Bosch Reel Cylinder Lawnmower
Before purchasing reel mowers, you need to know about the kind of garden you have and ensure you get one that matches the specifications of your lawn. For owners of little lawns which are level in nature then a push mower is the suitable decision for you. But generally, if you have a bumpy yard loaded with so much grass which keeps the push reel mower from cutting, at that point you are better off with a different kind of mower.
View also: Our Grass Trimmer reviews
- Take care when transporting the mower to the lawn, as the cutting blades are sharp
- Always wear long trousers when mowing and do not operate the mower when barefoot or wearing open sandals
- Thoroughly inspect the area where the mower is to be used and remove all hard objects which could be caught up and thrown by the cutting mechanism
- Always ensure that the cutting mechanism is in good working order (have worn or damaged parts replaced)
- Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight to be sure that the mower is in safe working condition
- Only mow with sufficient daylight or with appropriate artificial lighting
- Never mow in the direct vicinity of persons (especially children) and animals
View also: Our Hedge Trimmer reviews
I am glad to say the list of the top Reel mowers in the UK have been completely analysed, giving you all the different aspects that you need to be aware of before you choose. I hope those of you in the UK found this list of the top Reel Mowers in the UK helpful and please share your feedback by leaving a comment below.
Which one would I choose from this list? I don't want to influence your own decision but it would have to be the Spear and Jackson based on cutting performance, value for the money and reliability...
Reel Mower Community Feedback
Which is your own preferred Reel Cylinder and why? If possible, please share your own opinions, experiences or feedback with the wider mowing community by leaving a comment in the comment box section provided below…