Welcome to this review on UK Reel Mowers where we will review and show 5 of the Best Reel Lawn Mowers which are right now accessible in the UK market with the true objective of making it simple for you to pick the one which suits you best.
Reel Mowers are extremely useful and inexpensive garden tools which can mow the grass every now and then during spring and summer months. Reel mowers come in different shapes and sizes and we want to help you pick the best one so at least then you can make an informed decision.
A large portion of us don't know about the different sorts of reel mowers and their different characteristics for instance you may most likely need a reel mower that has specific features, for example, the size or colour and so on to run with your grass and garden.
We are here to show and display to you a selection of the 5 best reel mowers in the UK and demonstrate the specialised differences between the different models of reel mowers, thus helping you in choosing the most fitting model for you and your own Lawn.
Before purchasing reel mowers, you need to know about the kind of garden you have and ensure you get one that matches the specifications of your lawn. For owners of little lawns which are level in nature then a push mower is the suitable decision for you. But generally, if you have a bumpy yard loaded with so much grass which keeps the push reel mower from cutting, at that point you are better off with a different kind of mower.
- Take care when transporting the mower to the lawn, as the cutting blades are sharp
- Always wear long trousers when mowing
- Do not operate the mower when barefoot or wearing open sandals
- Thoroughly inspect the area where the mower is to be used and remove all hard objects which could be caught up and thrown by the cutting mechanism
- Always ensure that the cutting mechanism is in good working order (have worn or damaged parts replaced)
- Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight to be sure that the mower is in safe working condition
- Only mow with sufficient daylight or with appropriate artificial lighting
- Never mow in the direct vicinity of persons (especially children) and animals
- Clean the mower after each use with a hand brush and a soft cloth
- Do not use water (especially no high-pressure sprays)
- Remove compacted grass cuttings from the blade area with a wooden or plastic implement
- Lubricate the cutting blades regularly to avoid oxidation
- Regularly check for loose or damaged cutting blades, and worn or damaged components
- The mower is equipped with self-sharpening cutting blades
- When necessary, take the mower to your dealer to have the cutting blades sharpened
- If the appliance should fail despite the care taken in manufacturing and maintenance procedures, repair should be carried out by an after-sales service centre for power tools
- Store the mower indoors in a dry place
- Do not place other objects on top of the mower when stored
1, Skil 0721 AA Push lawn mower
- The skil 0721 has self-sharpening blades means you won't need to spend a dime on sharpening tools.
- It has a 5 blade cylinder for precise cutting which means you won't have to pass the mower twice over the grass therefore helping you to save time for other activities
- This mower has a soft grip handle for a better grip and additional comfort which means you can mow for as long as you want without hurting your hand
- It has a mowing height of 12 to 44mm and large screws for easy adjustment of mowing height and blade therefore helping you to cut longer grass without stress
- It weighs about 6.1kg which means you can easily move it from lawn to lawn and store in without using much of your space in your garage
- It comes with a 2 year warranty and has a very competitive price making it very affordable.
Frequently asked Questions
- Question: How do I know when to sharpen the blades of my lawn mower?
- Answer: Sharp blades cleanly cut the grass. Dull blades roughly tear the grass which will quickly turn brown. If the lawn mower produces teared grass, then the blades should be sharpened or replaced.
- Question: What is the right moment to mow my lawn
- Answer: The best months for lawn mowing are March to October. Mowing should be done once or twice a week depending on how fast the grass grows. The best time of day to mow the grass is at the end of the afternoon and never in full sunlight. This is to prevent the grass from drying out after being cut.
- The soft grip foam handle ensures a comfortable, secure grip and gives you extra comfort to work for longer hours without getting tired
- It has an attractive design which will make you to enjoy mowing from time to time fun
- It is compact and lightweight which means it can be stored in a place without taking so much of your precious space
- It is also Straightforward, has a robust design for easy assembly and efficient working and adds much more fun to the activity of mowing
- Great workout and a great form of exercise
- It lacks a grass catcher which could help keep grass off the mowed lawn.
- Narrower mow width when compared to other models
2, Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower
- Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower has a 40cm cutting width which is very wide when compared to other mowers and offers enough cutting space for a fast and easy cut thereby saving you time and money
- Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower weighs in at a robust 23.5 kg which is quite heavy for a reel mower but it's weight comes with more durability which means less maintenance costs
- It has Large cutting range from 25mm to 100mm which allows for larger and cleaner cuts
- Mowing the lawn becomes child's play thanks to the StaySharp cutting system which cuts the grass without the blades touching
- It has height adjustable handles in which you can easily switch making it easier to mow taller grass
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Does this mower have a roller to stripe the grass as you cut it?
- Answer: No, it does not have a roller but the action of mowing in opposite directions is enough to create stripes. Not that stripes serve any practical purpose in a lawn.
- Question: Does this come with warranty?
- Answer: Yes with 2 years warranty and will depend on the actual seller (please double check prior to purchase)
- No petroleum, no electric and free to utilize whenever because it is relatively quiet.
- Well-built with heavy duty metal so it has a dependable and has an overwhelming good feel to it.
- Cutting edges are sharp and create an extraordinary cut
- Ergonomic design and quality to guarantee a smooth push.
- One thing I really like is the inner self sharpening framework to limit the requirement for sharpening.
- No grass catcher unless obtained separately
- Wheels can leave tracks on wet or drenched ground.
3, Husqvarna 64 16-Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower
- The Husqvarna 64 16-Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower has a strong solidified steel blade for quicker cutting execution and extreme durability
- It has a basic fingertip cutting height adjustment up to 2.25 inches and a maximum cutting height adjustment which is very simple to push even on tall grass. Ideal for gardens that aren't cut regularly.
- It has a simple to install collector for a significantly cleaner look to your yard after mowing.
- Solid and sturdy wheels enable you to move with greatest convenience, and more to that it also has cushioned hand grips which reduces hand fatigue
- This mower has an oversized removable grass bag which helps you in collecting grass and in turn keeping your lawn tidy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: What is the mowing height?
- Answer: The mowing height is adjustable an allows adjustment of about 2 inches
- Question: What is "NovoCut"? And, more importantly, is this a European-type "silent cut" mower or an American-type mower (reel blades contact the bed knife)?
- Answer: This is the kind of mower where the helical blades spin against a knife edge. It works very well and needs no maintenance
- Lightweight and easy to push even in 6" tall grass.
- Low to non-existent operating and maintenance cost
- It is very noise-free and ecologically friendly
- No petrol or oil so no harmful emissions which means you won't have to worry about purchasing these items (fuel cost savings)
- Easy to assemble and very easy to push and it is easily transferred from front to side or back yards.
- Can be difficult to push in tall grass and is suitable for smaller type flat lawns
- Handle is a bit flimsy could have been made of sturdier pipes
4, Grizzly Tools Manual 38cm Cordless Lawnmower
- The Grizzly Tools Manual 38cm Cordless Lawnmower has a grass bag with 40 Litre capacity
- It has an infinitely variable cutting height of 14 - 43mm which makes it easier for you to cut taller grass
- It has cutting width 380 mm which is wide enough to give you a clean and precise cut
- Maintenance free ball bearing mounted blade cylinder in special steel with precision milling
- It has a contact free cutting technology which helps you save the cost of frequently sharpening your blades
- It runs very quiet and energy efficient which means you can mow at any time of the day without having to disturb the neighbours
- This mower uses no petrol or electric cables which means you won't have to worry about buying petrol or dealing with cables
Frequently asked questions
- Question: Does the mower come fully assembled?
- Answer: There is minimal assembly required. Secure the handle in an upright position and attach the grass box.
- Question: Is the batteries included with this model?
- Answer: This is a manual push lawn mower and doesn’t have a battery.
- You will find it easy to assemble as it is easy to set up. It cuts grass very well, and is easy to manoeuvre around the lawn
- No petrol or cables and free to utilize whenever because it is relatively quiet.
- Well-built with sturdy metal so it is dependable and will stand the test of time.
- You get the opportunity to burn tons of calories with this workout!
- Only really works on a very flat lawn. Any unevenness results in a lot of additional effort needed to get it to mowing to your desired satisfaction
5, Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Lawnmower
- The Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Lawnmower has a horizontally mounted cylinder of blades which features 5 curved blades that cut against a fixed bottom blade for a scissor-like cut. This gives a finish to your lawn as they cut the grass cleanly without ripping it.
- The Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Lawnmower is lightweight at only 7 kg meaning it is easy to move around the garden no matter your age, size or height
- It comes with a 25 L grass catcher which means you will spend less time emptying and more time gardening. It also helps you save time for other activities
- Bosch AHM 38 G Cylinder Lawnmower is designed for a clean, precise cut which is more suitable for small lawn areas.
- It has a 38cm cutting width which gives you quicker trim and precise cut
- It has a 15-43mm height adjustment which makes it easier to cut taller grass without having to stress
- An ergonomic bar makes lawn mowing more comfortable, and the underset of the wheels makes pushing easier
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: I am correct in assuming that this does not require batteries, or to be connected to the mains? It operates without electricity?
- Answer: Correct...you just push it along
- Question: Is it hard to put together? do you have to change the blades often? where do you buy the spare blades from?
- Answer: Assembly takes only a matter of minutes. You will never, ever change the blades on this mower. They will be the last parts to break
- An excellent trusted brand that you can rely on
- With this mower you’ll be able to quickly and easily mow small lawn areas
- There is a technique to easy cutting with this which just seems to click in as you go
- Easily assembled, great all-weather mower, classic design, good blades that are adjustable
- Cuts perfectly on thick areas of lawn and has a reliable grass catcher
- Easy to put together and can be hard work at first if your grass is long but overall an excellent cut on lawn
- No worry of accidentally cutting cords and it provides an excellent workout and building upper body strength
- It doesn't reach to the edges of the lawn so you will need some clippers
- The basket is mildly annoying as it tends to fill up quickly which means more frequent emptying
A quick summary chart is outlined below.
|Mower name||Mow Width||Cutting Heights||Rating|
|Skil 0721 AA Push lawn mower||30 cm||12-44 mm||4|
|Fiskars 113880 Momentum Reel Mower||40cm||25mm to 100mm||5|
|Husqvarna 64 16-Inch Push Reel Lawn Mower||40cm||0.5-inch to 2.25-Inch||4|
|Grizzly Tools Manual 38cm Cordless Lawnmower||38cm||1.4 to 4.3cm||5|
|Bosch AHM 38 G Hand Lawnmower||38cm||15 to 43mm||5|
I am glad to say the list of the top Reel mowers in the UK have been completely analysed, giving you all the different aspects that you need to be aware of before you choose. I hope those of you in the UK found this list of the top Reel Mowers in the UK helpful and please share your feedback by leaving a comment below.
If you want to look beyond Reel mowers, then click the image below to take a closer look at some of the options currently available at low prices from Argos UK that may be of interest to you also…
Finally, please take your time to analyse patiently and eliminate the models which aren't clearly what you want so that it will be easier to get the one which suits you best. Again, if you believe that a model is left out, please let me know by leaving a comment in the box below stating your nominated reel mower and I will certainly consider it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit and best of luck to you.