Greetings and welcome to this compilation review which will look at several Honda Lawn Mower models which are currently available to buy across the marketplace at present. Each model will be reviewed individually so take a quick look through the models below to make sure you select the one that best suits your own individual needs.
Prices can change from season to season so please use the price checkers provided below to make sure you get the best value for your money.
In addition, you can also take a quick look at stock levels by clicking on any of the images provided below.
So, without any further delay, let’s take a look through this Honda Lawn mower compilation review…
1, Honda HRX217K5VKA 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow System Lawn Mower with Clip Director and MicroCut Blades 660250
- The Honda Versamow System Lawn Mower has a variety of options to make lawn mowing convenient and comfortable for you.
- Firstly, it has a speed adjust dial that will help you adjust the mower’s speed with ease and its Select Drive control will provide you with comfortable and intuitive speed control to allow you to match the mower’s speed with your stride.
- To make it more durable, its 21 in. deck is made of NeXite, a material that is highly impact resistant, does not corrode, dent or rust over time and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The Versamow system of Honda provides you with the options to bag, mulch, discharge or shred leaves.
- It also provides you the option to choose how much of the grass you want bagged or mulched. The mower’s twin-blade MicroCut System has four cutting surfaces, resulting in superior mulching of the grass and leaves, which makes work less for you by making it easier to empty the bag.
Pros and Advantages: One thing that you will really like about this mower is the engine. Its fuel efficient and powerful engine makes it extremely easy to get started and work. The lawn mower also has a 5-year warranty that can help you put your confidence in the purchase. The mower’s MicroCut system does bag and mulch the grass really well and it has a wide opening of the bag, which you will love for making it so easy to empty. The mower also leaves no uncut or scalped grass after use and can provide a quick grass-cut anytime.
Cons and Disadvantages: One of the things that you need to look out for is that the Honda mower’s speed dial system might be problematic. For some people, even the lowest setting on the speed dial would be too fast. For a small lawn, this makes things harder for you and does not provide the control that you might expect. While its MicroCut blade is supposed to be efficient, issues have been raised in the past about it not working that well. The lawn mower is a bit on the pricier side as well.
2, Honda HRR216K9VYA 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke
- The Honda 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower provides a variable and simple speed control that can help you adjust its speed to yours.
- The speed range that it provides ranges from 0 mph to 4 mph.
- Its 3-in-1 system is extremely convenient for the users, providing you with the option of sliding the knob of the clip director to bag, discharge or mulch without using any costly attachments and tools.
- It allows you to store and transport the mower with ease due to its adaptable quick-fold handles.
- You can also save time due to its twin-blade MicroCut System that can make it easier for you to empty the bags due to finer clipping and more clippings per bag.
- The lawn mower’s engine has an Auto Choke that helps efficient mixing of the fuel, providing you more output through work on lesser amount of fuel.
Pros and Advantages: What you will really love about these lawn mowers is how easy they are to start and use. You can just put the fuel in and start working in the lawn or garden without a care in the world. It cuts evenly, so you will not have to worry about any scalping issues or unevenly cut grass. The mowers’ adjustable and quick-fold handle was a great help, especially when it had to be moved from one place to the other.
Cons and Disadvantages: The clip director for speed control will take you some time to get used to. A lot of energy is needed to press the knob and it can end up greatly increasing the mower’s speed and leaving you chasing the mower around. So, it’s not that easy to adjust the speed, after all. The rear wheel drive is also hard to use in slopes, and requires energy, while the 21 inches’ blade is overlapped to leave no room for any uncut grass. This means that you would probably be cutting 16 or 17 inches of grass rather than 21.
3, Honda HRX217K5VYA 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow System Lawn Mower with Roto-Stop and MicroCut Blades 660410
- The Honda Versamow System Lawn Mower with Roto-Stop and MicroCut Blades is perfect for you if you have bigger areas of grass to mow, requiring frequent stops. With its Roto Stop technology, the mower’s engine keeps on running even when the blades stop.
- This will help you continue mowing the grass from where you left off. So, if you need a break or you need to empty the bag, you can do so without having to turn the mower on again. 4-in-1
- Versamow technology provides you the options of mulching, bagging, discarding or shredding the leaves and grass with ease.
- The MicroCut blades efficiently clip the grass and other material in the bag, with more clippings per bag. This will make it easier for you to empty the bag.
- The 21-inch blade is made of NeXite and is highly durable, with no signs of rusting, corroding or denting over the years with use.
Pros and Advantages: The thing that really tilts the favor towards this mower is its Roto Stop. Without it, mowing the lawn becomes extremely stressful, with no time to stop and do anything else. You will love the way it allows you to empty the bag, talk to the neighbor or do anything else while mowing. Another one of its excellent features is the ease with which the bag can be emptied due to its wide opening. The fuel-efficient engine that makes its use quite economical for you and the grass will be cut evenly.
Cons and Disadvantages: What can be seen as a problem in the mower is the lack of ergonomic considerations in using the speed control. This issue has been raised by several of the users. The speed adjustment knob will leave a strain in your hand muscles and cause discomfort. Other than that, you may find that the mower’s Versamow system may sometimes not work efficiently and leave the grass and leaves cut in big pieces that can be hard to clear out of the bag.
4, Honda HRX217VLA 21" Walk Behind Lawn Mower w/ Electric Start
- The Honda HRX217VLA Walk Behind Lawn Mower w/ Electric Start engine provides you with an effortless and self-charging start that gets your mower going in no time.
- With its exclusive MicroCut system with twin-blades, you will have ultra-fine clipping that will result in better mulching.
- There will also be more clippings per bag that will make it easier to empty the bag out. By engaging its self-drive lever and choosing your speed with the select drive, the mower’s speed can be adjusted to the speed of your walk or stride.
- The no-dent and rust-free blade made of NeXite has a lifetime warranty and the Versamow system can not only help bag, mulch, shred or discharge, but also help you in getting a combination of mulching and bagging.
- The engine will provide you with years of a reliable service. Its self-charging battery will leave you hassle free and in complete comfort.
Pros and Advantages: The ease with which the engine starts and gets going, making almost no sound and providing an even cut to the grass, will make you fall in love with this mower. While most lawn mowers make sound, this mower is made for you to relax and enjoy the mowing experience. Since the mower mostly drives itself with just a bit of direction, you have the least amount of work to do and the most to experience. The result will leave you feeling better about your lawn and emptying the bag is the easiest job at hand due to the Versamow system.
Cons and Disadvantages: When purchasing this mower, you need to keep in mind that it is heavy and not easily portable. This heaviness provides it stability and thus provides even results at the end. So if you’re looking for something lightweight, this mower is probably not the best choice. In addition to that, it is also quite expensive. Above $800, you need to make sure that you can have a good grip on it and that it works for you before you purchase it.
5, Honda 21'' Side Discharge Gas Self Propelled Lawn Mower - HRS216SKA
- The Honda Side Discharge Gas Self Propelled Lawn Mower is self-propelled, with a standard side discharge. You can easily handle this lightweight mower on hills and any slight inclines.
- Its real wheels have ball bearings that will make it easier for you to maneuver across any bumps in the lawn. Its single blade mulching and the side discharge can easily be controlled by you.
- You can install or remove the discharge chute to match your mowing preferences. Its ergo-active handles have been designed to put your arms and hands at ease during the task.
- It has a 21 in. deck made of heavy duty steel and a single speed.
- With the belt-drive system, the lawnmower reaches a speed of about 2.5 mph.
Pros and Advantages: You will find that it is quite easy to assemble the mower and starts quick on a few pulls. Its engine is strong and the mower is self-propelling, which will put your mind to ease. The mower is easy to navigate due to its light weight and it comes with a three-year warranty, which will give you more confidence if you ever purchase it. You can easily mulch the grass to shreds and the speed is finely controlled for people of all ages.
Cons and Disadvantages: You may need to make sure that the speed is fine for you before you purchase, so that you do not have problems in controlling it. In addition to that, for people who are not used to the rear wheel drive, it takes some time getting used to. While the mower is self-propelling, it needs to be directed. As soon as you will let go of the handle, the mower will come to a stop and need to be started again.
6, Honda HRC216HXA 21" Commercial Rear Bagger Lawn Mower
- The Honda Commercial Rear Bagger Lawn Mower is self-propelled and hydrostatic, allowing you the freedom to move at your own speed, while requiring almost no assistance in moving forward.
- The lawn mower has Roto Stop technology that allows you to take a break without shutting the engine off.
- So even if the blades stop moving, the engine keeps on while you empty the bag or take rest. Its MicroCut twin-blades allow you to cut the grass into shreds and clippings, with more clippings per bag.
- This makes it easier for you to empty the bag. Its commercial grade transmission allows large areas to be dealt with efficiently and provides you the convenience and comfort you desire during work.
- The lawn mower has a durable and rugged steel deck that has edge guards and a front bumper.
- Its engine is strong and easy to start, making work easier for you from the start to the end.
Pros and Advantages: The quality, ease of use and features of this mower are sufficient to ensure that a lawn is taken care of perfectly for years. It is durable and shall last for almost or more than 10 years. You will fall in love with its use, considering that its design is ergo-active, providing comfort and convenience to the user and it mulches the grass efficiently. Its Roto Stop technology will make it easier for you to stop, empty the bag and start your work again without hassle.
Cons and Disadvantages: One of the greatest disadvantage of this mower is the price. You will find it to be extremely expensive. In addition to that, it does not cut wet grass and clogs up. In order to cut the wet grass, accessories need to be bought which makes the total amount spent even higher. In addition to that, it is quite heavy and bulky, so moving or storing the mower requires energy and space.
7, Honda HRS216PKA 21" 160cc Push Lawn Mower w/ Side Discharge
- The Honda Push Lawn Mower with Side Discharge has the Honda four-stroke engine that gives it power and dependability.
- You can adjust six different height levels that range from 1 inches of grass to 3 and half inches of grass in the lawn.
- The rugged deck of 21- inch heavy duty steel provides you with the longevity of deck and more durability. It has large wheels of 8 inches that have rear ball bearings and allow you to maneuver the bumps in the lawn while providing smooth movement of the mower.
- It has a basic side discharge removal with mulching blades that are optional and sold separately. The Honda engine provides it with power, is quiet and starts quite easily.
- If you’re looking for a lawn mower that can be easily navigated and complete basic mowing tasks, the Honda Push Lawn Mower is a good option for you.
Pros and Advantages: You will like the power and make of the engine and the absence of any noise due to its working. It works smoothly and drives the mower forward. It is great for small lawn patches that need to be mowed and can be easily moved or stored due to its light weight. The options of grass height are also helpful if you need to cut the grass a specific length.
Cons and Disadvantages: Several problems have been found in the lawn mower, the first of which is the flimsiness of the body that does not allow the wheels to stand straight, making it hard to mow. The absence of a proper discharge means that you will not be able to mow through leaves and it is not much better on grass either. Issues in the past have been raised on its non-durability and poor quality.
8, Honda HRR216VYA 21 in. 3-in-1 Variable Speed Gas Self Propelled Mower with Blade Stop
- The Honda Variable Speed Gas Self Propelled Mower is self-propelling, with a variable speed that can be controlled through SmartDrive.
- SmartDrive is a paddle level that is ergonomically designed to adjust and control the mower according to your mowing conditions. It can be used with palms or thumbs, whatever you feel comfortable with.
- Its Roto blade Stop allows you to stop the blades without the engine stopping. This allows you to resume work without having to turn the engine on again.
- You can bag, discharge and mulch with the 3-in-1 feature of the mower. Its Auto Choke system allows efficient fuel usage, making the mower’s use quite economical.
- Its twin-blade, MicroCut System allows you to clip the leaves and grass efficiently and allows more clippings per bag.
- The lawnmower is perfect for residential usage and allows the user experience to be enhanced through the SmartDrive and Roto blade Stop systems.
Pros and Advantages: The height of the mower is easy to adjust, which allows you to better use and maneuver the machine. You can use it to efficiently cut thick and large grass, due to its MicroCut System and 3-in-1 features. The self-propulsion allows the user to work without exerting much energy and the even cut at the end of the work is perfect. The SmartDrive allows the hands and palms to rest, making the job easy to manage and the speed control quite convenient.
Cons and Disadvantages: You will find that the throttle may be too much at times and will take time to get used to. The mower’s brake blade gives a screeching noise when on at times, and you will find that pulling the mower backwards is hard and labor intensive. The lowest height at which the grass can be cut is 1.5 in, which may be high grass for some and hence, you might find it of less use if you need a tool that can cut lower
So that wraps up the Honda Compilation Lawn mower review for today. You can also check available stocks by clicking on any of the images provided below…
If you would like to look beyond Honda Lawn mowers, then take a look at a selection of other lawn mower brands as follows:
- Sun Joe Lawnmower Compilation review -Take a look here
- Greenworks Lawnmower Compilation review -Take a look here
- Snapper Lawnmower Compilation review – Take a look here
- Murray Mower Compilation review -Take a look here
- Black + Decker Mower Compilation review – Take a look here
Finally, I hope that you find this review useful and insightful for your next purchase. A lot of care is required for a lush lawn and since the equipment is expensive, it is important that you know the products that you purchase. This will not only keep you from making any choices that you will regret, but also ensures that you find what you are looking for in your budget.
If you have used any of these mowers in the past, please share your experiences with the community by leaving a comment in the comment box below
Best of luck