Hello and welcome to this compilation review of a selection of popular Lawn Mowers under the Black & Decker brand. If you are considering buying a Black and Decker lawn mower in the coming days, then take a quick look through this review which will help you decide if these mowers will meet your expectations. Here we will outline all the major features they have to offer plus the pros and cons associated to each individual model.
In addition, there is a number of price checkers outlined below that you should check out to make sure you get the best value for your money as prices can change slightly from season to season. At the end, a stock checker is provided also so scroll to the end and check todays current stock levels if that is of interest to you also.
Black and Decker has definitely maintained its reputation and former glory till date due to the powerful performance and instant ignition of its diverse lawn mowers. The new arrivals in the world of innovation, design and technology of lawn mowers are often launched by Black and Decker which has set some astoundingly good records for its competitors in the market.
If you’re looking for a premium quality yet affordable and low cost lawn mower for your home, Black and Decker is the right choice. Bringing a whole new experience of unique body and design, the smart lawn mowers aren’t just a replica of all other mowers out there. Offering a faster and user-friendly experience, the Black and Decker lawn mowers are known for delivering an unusually good performance and output.
The brand of Black and Decker can be trusted as they have been around since 1910 and they have a vast experience across a range of power tools, accessories, hardware and home improvement tools. They originated from Baltimore in Maryland to become a global brand that is recognised worldwide
Some FAQs that come up:
- How can I obtain a guide or manual for my tool?
- You can find a guide/manual along with your appliance. If you lose it, consult the website for obtaining parts list and manual.
- How do I locate the nearest authorized repair center for my Black & Decker products?
- You can check out the website for locating Authorized Repair Centers
- How do I contact for support or customer service?
- Call (888) 869-7234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Black and Decker Lawn Mower Review Compilation
1, Black & Decker MM2000 13-Amp Corded Mower 20 inch
- With the launch of Black + Decker MM2000, Black and Decker is off to set a new record. The main features of this Black and Decker lawn mower has a cutting path of about 20-inches width. It also has a feature of 7-setting height adjustment.
- The height of this lawn mower can be adjusted from between 1-1/2 inch to 4 inches. The highlights of this product are the easy-to-use carrying handle and the 13-gallon nylon grass collection bag. This 20-Inch, 13 Ah Corded Black and Decker Lawn Mower MM2000 features 13 Ah Motor for substantial amount of power.
- Being incredibly smart, the Black + Decker MM2000 20 inch Electric Walk-Behind Push Mower comes with an eye catching design and features an outstanding power. Being a perfect lawn mower, it is a complete package.
- It has a very powerful 13 Ah motor and has special features like bagging and mulching. It makes the storage convenient as well. Moreover, this lawn mower comes with a nylon bag having a capacity of 13 gallons. This bag allows you to check the level of grass and lets you discharge the grass as well from the sides.
- This lawn mower has an EdgeMax deck design to cut up the fences and trim the flower beds. You can get a very clean and manicured lawn by using this Black and Decker lawn mower.
- Having a cutting patch of about 20-inches width and a 7-setting height adjustment, this lawn mower gives you an option to cut the flower beds according to your own requirement.
- You can trim the flower beds up to a height of around 1-1/2 inch to 4 inches This Black & Decker's mower has a warranty of about 2 years.
- It comes with a grass bag and a manual as well
Pros: This lawn mower comes in very eye-catching Color i.e. orange - This 3-in-1 lawn mower allows for choosing multiple mowing modes - The fact that this Black and Decker lawn mower has an EdgeMax deck design makes it stand out - This design allows for better and close edge cutting of the grass and flower beds - The 7-setting height adjustment of the Black and Decker lawn mower makes it a very feasible option to mow the lawn - The single lever of this lawn mower adjusts the lawn mowers height between 1 1/2 inches to 4 inches for easy use without bending down - The electric motor of this Black & Decker MM2000 Electric Walk-Behind Push Mower doesn’t need a lot of time to start.
Cons: This mower has been designed only for small sized lawns - If the grass is wet, then the mower does not cut too neatly - If you are not accustomed of using a corded lawn mower then you might find it tricky to use.
2, BLACK+DECKER CM2040 40V Lithium 3-in-1 Cordless Mower, 20 inch
- If you like to mow your lawn and you don’t want to purchase a gas mower that produces fumes then an electric lawn mower like the Black & Decker CM2040 may be the best for you.
- Its size is about 20-inch and it is a 40-volt cordless electric mower which can discharge the grass clippings as well. This mower is easy to use and has a high horsepower.
- It can even cut through wet grass. The Black & Decker CM2040 is quite effective and it cuts lawns easily. You can keep your lawn well-maintained and in good condition now. It is well-designed and is made from a durable polymer.
- It also has two 40-volt li-ion batteries that charge in 2 hours. This battery is enough to mow a yard measuring 1/3-acre. However, a drawback is that this lawn mower does not have self-propulsion.
- One of its great features is that it features a wheel height adjustment and you can lower/raise each wheel for height adjustment. It contains a single handle on the right side for easy grip.
- One of the key features is that it has a safety key, which helps to cut the motor to avoid an emergency.
- This mower has a three-year warranty.
Pros: It has a long runtime and it can run up to 60 minutes and it is extremely easy to use – Its great also to have the 3 year warranty for added protection – The safety key is always great to have in place to prevent any mishaps
Cons: It isn’t self-propelling so you have to do all the hard pushing – need to ensure that the batteries are charged at all times
3, Black and Decker MTC220 20V Lithium Ion 3-in-1 Trimmer, Edger and Mower 12 inch
- The one great advantage for this cordless model is not only the great price, but also that it can act as 3 separate tools and it easily converts from one to the other. You can start off as a mower, then change it to a trimmer and then change it to an edger.
- You will also get the automatic feed system AFS which keeps working without having to stop and in addition to this you will also get the power drive transmission which stops and prevents it from slowing down.
- In addition, you also get 2 batteries so if one runs out, you can have a second one on standby which is one less thing you need to worry about
- The height of the deck can also be adjusted and you also get a pivot handle which helps make the work also easier. The height of the deck can be changed to 2 levels and the heights range from 1.6 inches to 2.4 inches.
- Included for you is a 20V Max lithium ion battery system to ensure it will last year in year out and 2 batteries are included
- What you get here is a compact single tool to provide 3 different types of functions which are edging, trimming and mowing.
- Works best with smaller lawns up to 1200 square feet and is available in a cordless and also a corded version
Pros: A really attractive low price which most people can afford – There is lots of flexibility with this model as you get 3 tools in one which are using it for a mower, a trimmer and an edger - Getting the second battery is an added bonus – Depending on the height of the grass you can adjust the deck height easily – A corded version is available also
Cons: One of the things that is annoying is that it is only 12 inches wide so the jobs will take more time to complete – Only suitable for small lawns up to 1200 square feet as it will take too long to do larger lawns.
4, BLACK+DECKER CM1640 16-Inch Cordless Mower, 40-volt
- First off, you get 2Ah 40V max lithium batteries included if you decide to buy this particular model and the deck width is 16 inches which would be quite small when compared to various other models in the marketplace.
- You are provided with 6 separate mow height settings and the range of the mow heights are from approx. 1 inch to approx. 3 inches which allows great flexibility especially when it comes to dealing with tall grass.
- Another great advantage is that the handles will fold easily so that storing it away becomes a breeze
The rear catcher provided at the back is 9.5 gallons in size and is quite strong and durable as it has a hard top to protect it.
- The battery run time is expected to be 30 minutes for the batteries combined - you get a second one also. if your lawn takes more than 30 minutes to complete, then perhaps you should look at a corded version instead.
- Perfect for lawns up to 1/8 of an acre – lawns bigger than this will need a more premium option
- The weight of this model is 48 Ibs and you also get the easy start push button which is great if you dislike pull cords.
- This mower will give you more power than you would expect and plough through weeds also quite easily.
Pros: It’s great to have 2 batteries included and 1 acting as backup – Environmentally friendly alternative to gas mowers – Cordless so you don’t have to worry about a cord laying across the lawn as you mow – No pull cords to worry about as you get the easy start button – Little to no maintenance when compared to gas mowers - no gas or oil costs to worry about or even trips to the gas station to buy gas or oil – You only have to worry about raising the deck height with a single lever
Cons: Run time on the batteries is 30 minutes combined, so you need to look at other options if your lawn takes more than 30 mins to complete – Only ideal for small lawn less than 1/8 of an acre – The probability of having to buy replacement batteries overtime will be an added expense for you – You need to remember to have both batteries charged ahead of mowing your garden – As the width is only 16 inches more passes are needed on your end to get the job done which takes away more of your time
5, BLACK+DECKER CM2060C 60V Max Power Swap Mower, 20"
- This a cordless mower that has a price which is a little on the high side but you do get a more premium model. First off you get the 60V MAX lithium ion battery to give you more power when mowing your lawn.
- The battery provided here is also compatible with a selection of other tools under the Black and Decker brand such as the strimmer or even the hedge trimmer
- One brilliant feature for this model is the power can be switched from one battery to the next with the easy click of a switch – this feature is called Powerswap – simply swap the power source from one battery to the next.
- The model provides you with a 3 in 1 capability of mulching, side discharge and also rear bagging.
- Included for you also is the Autosense technology which means that the battery power is conserved to extend the runtime of the battery so you will get more out of it
- What you get also is 2.4Ah 60V max lithium batteries x 2 and a 6 mow height setting to suit the height of your grass. The mow heights it will give you ranges from approx. 1 inch up as far as 4 inches
- The size of the lawn that this mower is perfect for are lawns that are up to ¼ acre in size.
- The dimensions are 34 by 16 by 22 inches and it weighs under 50 Ibs
- It also has indicators to show you how much battery life is left while you are mowing so you know when to switch from one battery to the next
Pros: The big one is the Powerswap you get to switch power from one battery to the next and the 60v Lithiium battery – You also get the autosense technology so it will automatically adjust the power to extend the runtime – 3 different options of bagging, mulching and side discharge provides serious flexibility - charger is included also
Cons: Only works best to lawns up to ¼ acre, if your lawn is any bigger than this then you should be looking for an alternative - it can take 4 hours to charge the batteries so patience is needed! – You need to remember to keep the batteries charged prior to your mowing work otherwise it will get seriously delayed – Waiting for the batteries to charge can be really annoying – you need to do all the pushing as it is not self-propelled – runtime on the battery could be longer - you can only charge one battery at a time so takes twice as long to charge both batteries
In addition, you can also check out today’s stock levels by clicking on any of the model images provided below:
Furthermore, a small selection of the Black and Decker Lawn mowers currently on sale at Walmart are also outlined below that may be of interest to you. If you are interested in taking a look, then click the image below to compare further or view today’s stock levels available from Walmart…
If you are still on the fence and would like to consider a lawn mower under a different brand – then take a look at further options under different brands outlined below or in the side menus provided:
- Sun Joe Lawnmower Compilation review -Take a look here
- Greenworks Lawnmower Compilation review -Take a look here
- Snapper Lawnmower Compilation review – Take a look here
- Murray Mower Compilation review -Take a look here
Final note - Black Decker has stirred its competitors to bring something bigger and better. The customers are pleased and satisfied by the money they are investing in their products. With its magnificent features and eye catching bodies, these lawn mowers are bound to break all the records. Most of them are light in weight and have outstanding features. These above-mentioned mowers are all set to become a style statement. The best thing about them is that they are not power hungry. They are fast and most of them have a great battery life due to their energy-efficient battery. Lightweight and ergonomic, they can take on even the tough weeds, grass, and overgrowth. Their lawn mowers have made their way to the top charts and are highly recommended by its users.
Finally – please share your experiences good or bad with the community with your Black & Decker Lawn Mowers by leaving a comment in the comment section below
Many thanks for visiting and best of luck