Greetings once again and today we are conducting a review for the Remington 18-inch Reel Push Lawn Mower, so please take a quick look through this review if you are considering buying it in the coming days.
In addition, I will also outline a cheap place to buy it so at least you can also save some money in the process.
The Remington Reel Mower has its advantages and disadvantages and we will outline the main ones to you along with the important features that you need to be aware of plus some frequently asked questions that came up that will be of interest to you. At the end, I will also have a quick look at the 16 inch Reel Mower to see how it compares to the 18 inch…
Reel Lawn Mower Overview:
|Lawn Mower:||Remington 18 Inch Reel Mower|
|Attachments||Yes, attachments are available|
|Cheap place to Buy:||Amazon - Check Stock Availability Here|
- 5 cutting blades
- Ideal for small yards with flat terrain
- Made from non-corrosive heavy duty steel
- Small Compact size
- Width of the mow path is 18 inches
- Height of the mow can vary from 0.75-2.5 inches
- Wheels are 10 inches in diameter
- Grass Bagger Included
- Handle includes foam padding for comfort
- Blade sharpener and Balance kit can be bought separately
Further images are outlined below (includes the Handle foam padding)
FAQ's – Frequently asked Questions:
Q, How often do the blades need to be sharpened?
A, Typically at the start of each season or when the grass is not being cut at the optimum level
Q, Is the handle strong enough so it won’t bend with heavy pushing?
A, Yes, the handle is strong enough and will not bend
Q. What Height levels are available?
A, The mow heights can be adjusted from 0.75 inches to 2.50 inches
Q, Is there much work involved with assembly upon delivery?
A, No, only 5 minutes just to attach the handle in the slots and grass catcher (no tools needed)
Q, Can the grass catcher be removed?
A, Yes, the grass catcher can be removed
Q, Can this Reel Mower perform on wet grass?
A, The performance on wet grass is significantly lower, dry grass is the preferred option
Pros / Advantages
- Environmentally friendly alternative (no gas / fume emissions)
- Includes the bagger
- Simple assembly process – takes about 5 minutes only
- Foam pad on the handle gives you more comfort when pushing
- To keep the blades sharp, a Blade sharpener and balance kit is available separately to keep it in peak condition
- Can operate without the grass catcher bag
- Ideal if storage space is limited for a gas mower
- Provides a great form of physical exercise
- Great price when compared to gas mowers
Cons / Disadvantages:
- Can only be used for small yards
- Not able to handle thick long grass as effective as commercial mower
- Suitable for flat terrain only, very difficult in hilly areas
- The quality of the grass catcher could be improved significantly as it tends to be quite flimsy
- The size of the grass catcher could be bigger to hold more grass cuttings – fills up very quickly
- Struggles with hilly and bumpy terrain
- Much slower than the gas or electric mowers
- At times, a second going over will be needed to get your desired mow quality.
A lower priced option is also available and it is the Remington 16 Inch Reel Mower which has a smaller cutting path by 2 inches but can work if your garden is that bit smaller…
Main Features for the Lower Priced 16 Inch Reel Mower:
- For small lawns with light grass
- Not suitable for thick heavy-duty mowing
- Model number is 15A-3000783
- Mow width is 16 inches
- Includes 5 cutting blades
- Wheels are 10 inches in diameter
- Foam grip on the handle
- Same cutting heights of 0.75 – 2.50 inches
- Lower priced when compared to the 18-inch Reel mower above
Need to Explore Alternative Reel Mowers???
If you need to take a closer look at alternative brands, then check out some of the more popular options outlined below...
In addition – feel free to take a look at related Lawn Mower Reviews outlined as follows:
- Remington Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 22 Inch Gas String Trimmer – Read the Review here
- Remington Lawn Mower Reviews – Model 12 Amp 19 inch Electric Mower – Read the Review here
- Remington Lawn Mower Reviews – Compilation of Reel, Trimmer and Electric Models – Read the Review here
Finally, I hope this review on the Remington Reel Mowers has helped you out in your search and you can let me know your own experiences with Reel mowers by leaving a comment below.