Today at Lawn Mower Reviews, I have taken a close look and reviewed the Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower MJ401E so that you can know everything there is to know about it if you are thinking of buying it in the coming days.
In addition, we will show you 2 really cheap places where it is on sale so at least you can save some money in the process. Furthermore, I have outlined all the important features that you need to be aware of plus some FAQ’s, pros and cons so you can decide for yourself if this Lawn Mower is the one for you or not.
Top associated Features:
- Small Lawn mower that is easy to store away
- 3 different height adjustments for mowing your grass
- Grass can be mowed from the lowest 1-2/10 inch to the highest 2-1/2 inch
- Tough steel mower blade cuts 14 inches’ wide
- Starter safety switch
- Ideal for smaller lawns and gives power similar to a gas mower
- Includes a rear bag with a hard top for easy grass disposal
- Simple maintenance with no oil or gas to worry about
- Includes a 2 year warranty
- ETL approved and the weight is 28 Ibs
- Size of the mower is 52 inches W by 38.5 inches H by 16.5 inches D
- Rear Drive system with front and rear wheels both 5 inches in diameter
- No mulching capability
- Price stated is the latest advertised – Click image to view any price updates…
Further images are outlined below…
Below is a comparison chart against 2 other Greenworks Electric models currently on sale also – if you wish to make any further comparisons at Walmart – Click the image below to compare more…
Some frequently asked questions:
Q, Can I change the height of the blade?
A, The blade should not be changed but the mow height can be adjusted 3 ways
Q, Can it mulch?
A, No, this model does not mulch
Q, Do I need to buy an extension cord separately?
A, Yes, a 12 gauge cord 75-100 ft. long needs to be bought separately
Q, Can you mow without the catcher rear bag?
A, Yes, there is a flap door to deflect the clippings but some will end up on your shoes.
Q, Can it be used for a half acre size lawn?
A, No, it is recommended for a quarter acre lawn or less, the smaller the better
Q, Does it need to be plugged in as you mow?
A, Yes, the mower needs to be plugged in as you mow
Q, Is there a side discharge?
A, No side discharge is available in this model
Q, Is this a push mower or a self-propelled mower?
A, This is a push mower only
Q, Is a battery pack included?
A, No as this is a corded mower model (not a cordless)
Q, Can it cut large hilly areas?
A, Yes it can though you would be better off with a larger self-propelled gas mower in this case
- Noise level is quite lower when compared to gas models
- Lightweight and very easy to move around and mow at ease (less than 30 Ibs)
- One of the easiest mowers to push on the market and provides a nice exercise for you also
- No gas or oil to worry about and little to no maintenance is involved.
- Perfect for families who have a small front or back town house type lawn
- Simple to assemble and gets mowing quickly and efficiently
- Most people find the middle notch level gives the best results
- 2 year warranty is a major plus
- For smaller lawns – this Lawn Mower is difficult to beat. Once you manage the cord and the height, this has performed better than expected in many cases for so many mowers.
- Doesn’t have the full power associated to a gas mower
- Only suitable for town house type small to medium front /rear lawns in my opinion
- Associated danger of having an electric cord lying on your lawn as you mow (must be extra careful)
- Long cords can be difficult to work around at times on the lawn as you mow
- Mow width is only 14 inches wide so additional time is needed to get the job done
- Grass collection bag is quite small so additional trips are need for disposal
- Struggles with heavy thick grass growth
- The lowest level on the mower can prove to be very difficult to work with whereas the middle notch or top level works a whole lot better.
Another cheap place to buy the Sun Joe MJ401E 12 amp 14-inch Electric Mower is at Amazon and their prices are outlined below along with similar models – If interested in looking at these, then click your preferred image below to explore more at Amazon…
If you would like to consider other options, then feel free to view related reviews as follows:
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model Cordless 28V 14 inch MJ401C – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model Corded 12 Amp 16 inch MJ402E – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model 16-inch Manual Reel with Catcher MJ500M – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model 40V 4Ah Cordless 16-inch Brushless Mower iON16LM – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model 12 Amp 20-inch Electric Mower MJ408E – View here
- Sun Joe Lawn Mower reviews – Compilation of 6 different Reviews and Videos - View here
Finally, I would like to thank you for visiting my website and please let me know your own experiences with Sun Joe Mowers by leaving a comment below.