Greetings from Paul at Lawn Mower Reviews and here I have examined and reviewed the Sun Joe 12 Amp 20 Inch lawn mower (model MJ408E) which you will find helpful if you are considering buying it in the coming days or weeks.
I will outline all the main features it has to offer, the advantages and disadvantages, a comparison chart and also point out the main common questions that has been asked. In addition, I will help you out also by showing 2 cheap places to buy it so at least you can save some money on the process…
Most important Features:
- Perfect for small to medium sized lawns
- Rear bag capacity is 14.5 gallons
- Width of the mow path is 20 inches
- Powerful 12 Amp motor and a 20 inch blade
- Heights of the mow can be adjusted to 7 levels
- Mulching ability
- ETL approved
- Side discharge chute
- Quick and easy start system (simple press a button)
- 2 year warranty
- Size is 44.1 inches by 25.6 inches by 59 inches and weighs 51.8 Ibs
- Price stated is the latest advertised – Click image to view any price update at Walmart…
Further images are outlined below…
A comparison chart against 2 other models (Lawnmaster and Worx) can be viewed below. If you would like to make further comparisons, click the image below to compare more at Walmart…
Frequently asked questions:
Q, What is the biggest height of the mow possible?
A, The max height for mowing is 4.13 inches
Q, Does it need to be plugged in all the time as you mow?
A, Yes, it needs to be plugged in
Q, Can it be set to mulching?
A, Yes it can be set to mulch
Q, Is this mower self-propelled?
A, No, this is a push mower only
Q, Is an extension cord included?
A, No, an extension cord needs to be bougt separately
Q, What type of extension cord should be used?
A, A 12 gauge cord 50 foot to 100 foot or if less than 50 foot use a 14 gauge cord
Pros for the Sun Joe Mower MJ408E:
- Environmentally friendly alternative as no gas / oil / fumes is involved.
- Little to no maintenance is required apart from sharpening the blades
- Wider mow width of 20 inches than most other electric corded /cordless models
- No pull cords to worry about and starting the mower is very easy (simply press a button)
- The 7 different height adjustments allow you to adjust to the thickness / height of your grass
- This model has the ability to mulch and is very easy to assemble upon delivery
- Lightweight when compared to gas mowers so it’s very easy to push around and get around tighter spots
- The 2-year warranty gives the consumer added security
Cons for the Sun Joe Mower MJ408E:
- Small rear bag so it needs to be emptied quite regularly
- Push mower only and is not self-propelled
- Less power especially when it comes to thick / damp grass when compared to gas mowers
- Can only be used for your smaller to medium town house type lawns
- Extension cord needs to be bought also which is an added expense on your behalf
- Mowers need to be extra careful when cords are lying around the lawn so a technique needs to be developed to get around it and avoid going over it.
Please also be aware that this Sun Joe Electric 12Amp 20-inch mower MJ408E is on sale at Amazon also and their prices are outlined below among similar models. If you would like to check these out, then click on your preferred mower image below to read more at Amazon…
A selection of other related Sun Joe reviews is available if you wish as follows:
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model 40V 4Ah Cordless 16-inch Brushless Mower iON16LM – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model 16-inch Manual Reel with Catcher MJ500M – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model Corded 12 Amp 16 inch MJ402E – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model Cordless 28V 14 inch MJ401C – View here
- Sun Joe Mower Review – Model 12 Amp 14-inch Electric Lawn Mower MJ401E – View here
- Sun Joe Lawn Mower reviews – Compilation of 6 different Reviews and Videos – View here
Finally, I hope this review has helped you out and please let me know your own personal experiences of Sun Joe Electric mowers by leaving a comment below.