Hello once again and welcome to this compilation review of McCulloch Lawnmowers which are on sale in the UK at present. If you are looking at buying a McCulloch lawn mower in the coming days, then please make sure to take a quick through this review which you will find helpful in your decision-making process. In addition, to help you save some money in the process, please ensure you check out the price checkers which are outlined below to make sure you get the lowest price and best value for your money.
Lawn Mower Review Overview:
|Lawn Mower Brand:||McCulloch Lawnmower Compilation|
|Models Reviewed:||4 popular models|
|Lawnmower types:||Petrol & Electric Robotic|
|Cheap Place to buy:||Amazon UK - View today’s low prices here|
McCulloch was founded in 1943 by Robert McCulloch. The history of McCulloch spans over 60 years and the McCulloch Corporation started its manufacturing of engines during World War II. In 1949, when McCulloch introduced its first light one-man chainsaw, woodworking would never be the same again.
The line of innovative chainsaws would continue over the decades, and business was expanded, first by airplane and kart engines in the 1950s, then by mini chainsaws in the 1960s. Later, in the 1970s and 80s, trimmers and blower vacs were added to the range.
Today, as a part of the Husqvarna group, McCulloch continues the tradition of powerful engines, technical innovations, and strong designs that have been our hallmarks for more than half a century. Lowering fuel consumption, emissions and noise levels are of top priority to us, as is improving safety and user-friendliness.
McCulloch has a policy of continuous product development and therefore reserves the right to modify the design and appearance of products without prior notice. McCulloch offers a complete line of garden products: powerful chainsaws, sturdy trimmers, lawnmowers, garden tractors and hedge trimmers. Each one provides you with all the power you need to get it done. Further points of interest and FAQ's are outlined further down on this page.
Review of McCulloch Lawnmowers in the UK
1, McCulloch M46-110R Classic 110 cc - 46 cm Petrol Rotary Lawnmower
- The McCulloch M46-110R is a medium-sized yet powerful, self-propelled petrol rotary lawnmower that offers a classic design with effective solutions.
- Equipped with a 46cm cutting width and 50 L collection capacity, it is more than capable of tackling medium sized lawns.
- The M46-110R also has a heavy duty steel body and high performance 110cc engine that provides the power for tough mowing tasks.
- McCulloch 110 engine, 46 cm cutting width and 6 cutting heights from 30-80 mm
- 3-Point height adjustment and has a 50 L collection capacity
- This is NOT a Self-Propelled lawnmower, the Item Weight is 30 Kg and the Package Dimensions is 84.2 x 60.2 x 45.8 c
- Size is 46 cm and the Wattage is 2000 watts,
- Sound Level: is 98 Db
Pros: Good product, easy starting and folding handle does fully fold but requires to be removed from the hinged housing on the mower body to achieve that, Easy to put together great machine to use even on small bits of grass. Well made and easy to start. Once sorted it starts easy every time one minus is the basket would like a plastic one this mesh one is too flimsy but it would not stop people from buying again. Easy to push with little effort
Cons: There is confusion over the mower – is it a push mower or self propelled? This is a push mower – not a self propelled mower so please take this into consideration before you buy. Grass collection mechanism is only average and could be better and the wheels could be made from better quality.
2, McCulloch M51 Petrol Lawnmower
- Medium-sized single speed lawn mower with 46cm cutting width and collector.
- Durable, long lasting, heaving duty steel body.
- Foldable handles for easy, space saving storage.
- Lawnmower features: Metal blade, 51cm blade width
- It has 6 cutting heights and the cutting heights range from 3cm-9cm
- There is a 55 litre grass box capacity and also the Fold down handle for compact storage
- This model is Height adjustable, has a Metal deck and also a Central height adjustment
- Included is an Easy start system and the weight is 33kg
- The Dimensions are 96 x 60 x 57 cm and the Wattage is 2300 watts.
Pros: This is a really good and hardworking lawn mower, it is a little high on its lowest cut for some people. The cut is fine for a lawn that is played on by children and animals. The bag for the grass is really big and collect's the grass really well and the mower is set at a good walking pace. All in all a good buy. Proved to be a sensible decision. Makes grass cutting/mulching a far more enjoyable and less time consuming experience. Instructions fairly straight forward, takes about 15 minutes to read and put machine together. Would definitely recommend buying this model
Cons: Not a self propelled mower so you have to do all the hard pushing, will be difficult to use if you have steep slopes to climb. The grass box could have been made a little larger to cut down on the frequency of emptying
3, McCulloch RM1000 Robotic Lawnmower
- Automatically cutting the grass little and often, the McCulloch robotic lawnmower is the ideal way to get a lush green lawn all year round with very little effort.
- ROB is green fingered, cutting the grass little and often into small clippings, that are so fine that they quickly break down and add nutrients back into the soil, helping to create a thicker, stronger, healthier, greener lawn.
- That means you never have to cut the grass again, and never have to empty a grass box either.
- ROB is the unsung hero in your garden. Day or night, rain or shine ROB quietly and efficiently cuts the lawn for you, so you don't have to. ROB is a McCulloch robotic lawnmower and can handle most gardens up to 1000m2 with inclines of 25%.
- Not only cuts the lawn, but helps make it stronger and healthier. By continuously cutting the grass tips little and often, the fine grass clippings disappear back into the soil acting as a natural lawn feed, meaning there is no need to collect them. He discreetly mows even at night. Mow, day or night, rain or shine up to 24/7. He's also quick & easy to install.
- Fitted with a loud audible alarm when lifted and a security pin code for added protection, also protected against theft. 1x robotic lawnmower, 1x charging station, 3x metal cutting blades, 400x pegs, 200m boundary wire
- Lawnmower features: Electric rotary motor, Metal blade is 17cm blade width
- It has 5 cutting heights for you and the cutting height ranges from 2cm-5cm
- It has an 0.8 hour recharge time and weighs only 7kg.
Pros: A good idea, a time saver, removes a boring job from your to-do list. All the hard work is done for you already and you have more time on your hands to get other jobs done.
Cons: Can be very complicated to set up initially so you need a lot of patience in getting it laid out and planned out. Tough enough to get the external perimeter set up also and you will need help to get this done. It will also struggle with getting over steps or higher stepped levels in your lawn if you have them – really suited to flatter standard lawns. Price is also a little on the high side
4, McCulloch MCB40-450C Petrol Rotary Lawnmower
- McCulloch MCB40-450C Petrol Rotary lawnmower offers a classic design with effective solutions.
- It is a great product and gives good value for the amount of money you have to pay
- Included also is the 125cc Briggs and Stratton engine.
- This model has a Metal blade which is 40cm in width.
- You also get 5 cutting heights and the cutting heights range from 2cm up as far as 7cm.
- There is also the 50 litre grass box capacity
- Recommended for all sized lawns and you are not restricted by the length of a cord if you had an electric corded mower.
- The weight of this particular model is 35kg
Points to consider when buying a Lawnmower:
- Following key points should be considered before you are going to buy and maintaining your lawnmower. It might be very help and make your decision better for your lawn.
- Know your strength-Ergonomics: Chose a lawnmower that should be ergonomically fit for your body strength. Check the height of mower, weight, handles before selecting it for your lawn, see it are you physically run it in the lawn.
- Robotic/ Petrol/Electric: You must know your need, if you are so much busy in routine life there is solution for you to mow your lawn using Robotic lawnmower. Diesel engine ride-on mowers have more torque and are cheaper to run than petrol engines, which is why they are the favoured choice of contractors, who tend to run them for the hours required to make the higher purchase price economical.
- Maintenance tips - Clean the Engine: The engine’s air screen and cylinder fins need to be free of dirt and debris to operate at full capacity. This might sound a little bit more difficult if you do not have mechanical experience, but consult your owner’s manual to familiarize yourself with your engine’s anatomy. Be careful to wear gloves if you do not want to get gasoline residue on your hands and make sure the machine is cool to the touch before you begin.
- Clean the Mower Deck: The mower deck and its undercarriage often get clogged with grass and other debris. To a certain extent, this is normal and expected, but too much build up might cause uneven cuts or engine problems. For cleaning, disconnect the spark plug and use soap and water to remove grease, dirt and grass. If you have heavy build up on the undercarriage, use a tool to scrape it away.
- Change the Air Filter Regularly: For most mowers, there will be a paper or foam air filter that will be easily accessible. These are fairly inexpensive and should be replaced annually. Clogged or dirty filters cause the gas to burn less efficiently and put more operating stress on the machine. It might make the motor lose power in the middle of use or not start in the first place. Either change the filter at the beginning of every operating season or after 25 hours of operation–whichever is first.
Frequently Asked Questions about McCulloch lawnmowers:
Q: Does this model McCulloch M40-125 Petrol Wheeled Rotary have a Briggs & Stratton engine?
A: If it does it certainly isn't branded as one. Husqvarna are the manufacturer and there are no obvious markings on the casing to identify it as a Briggs and Stratton.
Q: How much oil will McCulloch M46-110R Petrol need?
A: 0.45 litres according to the manual
Q: Can I just put standard unleaded petrol into McCulloch M51 Petrol or does it need an oil additive?
A: Yes standard unleaded is what it runs on not mixed with oil, it does go through a little oil (separate reservoir) first time you use it but since then fine.
Q: Hi, is McCulloch M51 Petrol mower good for uneven lawns and banks? also is it heavy to move around?
A: Yes it is good for uneven lawns and banks but it is also a bit on the heavy side. Not overly heavy and the wheels make it easy to mow over rough terrain
Q: How fine is the mulch?
A: The mulch produced is very fine and can hardly been seen on the grass that has already been cut.
Q: What's the warranty on McCulloch mowers?
A: 12 Months
Q: Is McCulloch RM1000 Robotic Lawnmower weatherproof?
A: Yes, the McCulloch robotic lawnmower can work in the rain. Only during thunderstorms should the mower be disconnected to protect it from any electrical surge caused by lightening.
Q: Where do the grass clippings go?
A: Because the grass is cut regularly, the grass clippings are so fine and small that they quickly breakdown back into the soil acting like natural lawn feed.
Q: How noisy is McCulloch RM1000 Robotic?
A: ROB is almost silent. You can leave him working overnight and he won't disturb the neighbours.
In addition, if you would like to look beyond McCulloch lawnmowers, then take a look at some of the Best UK Lawnmowers reviews as follows:
- Best UK Petrol mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Corded Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Cordless Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Hover Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Robotic Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Tractor Ride on Mowers – Take a look here
On a final note, if you're looking for something with power, a McCulloch lawnmower is the one for you. McCulloch brings innovative technology alongside powerful and reliable engines are at the heart of every McCulloch product. Smart and helpful features will help you power through your garden chores. Each McCulloch product is designed for high performance and durability. Powerful interiors are matched by equally powerful exteriors. The machine’s sporty and distinctive black design and fierce yellow elements draw you to its power but the big problem seems to be stock availability especially during peak seasons - plus there appears to be limited suppliers who stock this particular brand of lawn mowers.
Finally, if you have used a McCulloch lawnmower in the past, please share your experiences with the community by writing a comment in the comment box below – the community would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks for taking the time to visit and best of luck