Welcome back to Lawn Mower Reviews and today we are taking a close look and reviewing the Greenworks 40V Cordless (Bare Tool) 19 inch 3 in 1 Lawn mower to help you find out if this Mower can meet your own particular set of work requirements.
Many people have bought this model 2501302 in the past and gave negative reviews not realising that this model is the bare tool and that the battery needs to be bought separately. If you already have a G Max battery, then read on. If you need a lawn mower with a charger and battery, you will need to skip this and look at other options such as the mowers reviewed at the bottom of this page in particular model number 25322
Cordless Lawn Mower Overview
|Lawn Mower||GreenWorks Cordless 40V 19 Inch - BARE TOOL|
|Corded or Cordless||Cordless|
|Low Prices Available:||Amazon - Check Stock Availability Here|
- This is a bare tool Cordless mower -Battery is not included
- Cam lock for easy folding and storing away
- 6 different mow heights
- Steel cutting deck
- Mow width path is 19 inches
- 3 separate settings of side discharge, rear bag catcher and mulching
- Powerful 40V G Max cordless lithium ion mower
- Ideal for small to medium sized lawns
- Wheels are 6 inches at the front and 7 inches at the back
- Compatible batteries are the G Max 2Ah (29462) and the G Max 4Ah battery (29472) and are sold separately
Details of the G Max battery are outlined below where it takes 120 minutes to charge a 4Ah battery and 60 minutes to charge a 2Ah battery.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q, What are the minimum and maximum mow heights?
A, The minimum is 1-1/8 inch and the maximum is 3 inches
Q, What is the weight of this lawn mower?
A, The weight is 65 Ibs
Q, Do I need an extension cord for this model?
A, No as this is a cordless model
Q, Does the bare tool include a battery?
A, No, you need to buy this separately. If you need a mower with a battery included, scroll down to view other reviews with batteries included (model 25322)
Q, Can the mow height be adjusted?
A, Yes, it can be adjusted to 6 different levels
Q, Do I need a pull cord to get it started?
A, No, there is no pull cord, all you need to do is press a button
Q, If I buy a 40V G max battery, can it be used for other tools?
A, Yes, this battery is adaptable to other Greenworks electric tools but you need to double check tool compatibility
Pro’s for the Greenworks 19 inch Cordless Mower Bare tool:
- The 3 settings of mulching, rear catcher and side discharge adds a lot of flexibility.
- No gas, oil or fumes when compared to gas mowers
- No need to worry about dragging extension cords around with you when compared to the corded version
- If you have heavy grass, you can start with the highest setting 6th notch
- Little to no maintenance costs when compared to gas mowers
- No gas or oil costs when compared to gas mowers also and there are less noise levels to deal with.
- Much lighter and easier to push around the lawn and move around tight spaces
- The 4AH battery can be used for medium sized lawns while the 2Ah can be used for small town house type lawns
Cons’s for the Greenworks 19 inch Cordless Mower Bare tool:
- No battery included, only for buyers who already have an existing G max 4Ah/2Ah battery or wish to buy their batteries separately.
- Struggles with larger type lawns and also thicker higher grasses
- Inability to mow much larger areas in a single charge setting, a second battery as backup may be needed in some cases to have it all done in one sitting
- Reliability of getting the mow times of 60 minutes is sometimes questionable for the fully charged batteries especially if you have rough terrain.
- The 40V G Max + the 40V Lithium Ion Batteries are not cross compatible. Only the G Max 2Ah (29462) and the G Max 4Ah battery (29472) can be used.
- Battery and the charger is not included so it will need to be bought separately for this mower if you do not have one already.
Need to Look Elsewhere?
Please also be aware that other Greenworks Lawn mowers are outlined below if you need to look beyond the bare tool option...
A selection of related reviews that may be of interest to you are also outlined below including the Corded Mowers – Click any to read more…
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Corded 13 Amp 21 Inch 25112 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Corded 120V 16 Inch 25142 – Read the review here
Finally, I hope this review on the Greenworks Bare Tool 19 inch Cordless lawn mower has been helpful to you and please let me know your own experiences with Greenworks Lawn mowers by leaving a comment below.