Greetings once again from Paul at Lawn Mower Reviews here I have also reviewed the Greenworks Cordless 40V 16 inch 2 in 1 Lawn mower to give you a better understanding of what is involved if you are considering purchasing it in the next few days.
It is one of smallest lawn mowers available on the market and it is certainly worth looking at if you have a small town house type lawn. If you have a decent sized lawn or even a larger lawn, then it would be wiser to look at some of the larger and wider mowers that can save you mowing time in the long run.
I will do my best to display some frequently asked questions that came so that there is no confusion and I will also display the pros and cons in a list format which will be straight forward and to the point so you don’t have to waste too much of your time looking through this review, so without further ado, let’s get started…
Lawn Mower Overview
|Lawn Mower||GreenWorks Cordless 16 Inch 40V G-Max Lithium Ion - 2 in 1|
|Corded or Cordless||Cordless|
|Power||40V G Max Lithium Ion|
|Cheap place to buy:||Wal-Mart - View today’s stock levels here|
Key Features for the Greenworks 16 Inch 2 in 1 Cordless Mower:
- Cordless electric mower
- Size of the mower is 29.80L by 21.30W by 17.90H Inches
- Weight of the mower is 51.25 Ibs
- Features a ABS polymer cutting deck
- 2 in 1 mow settings of Mulching and rear bag catcher
- Power will not fade in the battery until fully depleted.
- Width of the mow path is 16 inches (for smaller lawns)
- 5 separate mow height settings available with a single adjustable lever
- Mow height levels range from 7/8 – 2.3/4 inches
- Smart cut technology so the power is adjusted to suit the thickness of the grass
- Wheels are 7 inches at the back and 6 inches at the front
- Includes the 40V GMax Lithium-Ion battery that delivers fade free power
- A can lock for easy folding and storing away
- Price stated is the latest advertised – Click image to view any price updates
Additional images are displayed below:
A video is also available to view if you are interested to see it in action – Click image below to take a look and play at Walmart…
Some frequently asked questions about the Greenworks Cordless 16 Inch Mower:
Q, Is the charger and battery included?
A, Yes the battery and charger is included for model 25322
Q, How does it perform in wet grass?
A, The same as all mowers and waiting for it to dry will get the best results
Q, Do I need an extension cable for this mower?
A, No extension cords are needed as it is battery powered
Q, How long does it take to charge the battery?
A, It takes 60 minutes for a 2Ah battery and 120 minutes for a 4Ah battery
Q, How long does the charged battery run before it runs out?
A, Generally it will run for 60 minutes if fully charged but will also be reduced with you are mowing thicker or longer grass
Q, How low can it mow the grass?
A, The lowest level it can cut to is 7/8 inch
Q, Is this self propelled or a push mower?
A, This is a push mower but it very light and easy push around
Pros for the Greenworks Cordless 16 Inch Mower
- Capability of mulching in addition to rear bag catching
- The G max battery is compatible with 25 plus other tools under the Greenworks brand
- You get up to 60 minutes mow time on a fully charged battery
- No costs when it comes to gas or oil and the maintenance costs is minimal (sharpening blades when needed)
- 50% less noise when compared to gas mowers and over 40% lighter than gas mowers
- Superior smart cut technology is incorporated to maximise efficiency on different thickness of grass
- This little mower gives you more power than you would expect and has excellent feedback from several mowers
- The power will also increase as you come across heavier patches of grass which is a major plus
Cons for the Greenworks Cordless 16 Inch Mower
- No side discharge available which lowers the level of flexibility you have
- Battery run time will be lower than 60 minutes if your grass is thicker and longer than normal.
- A second battery may be needed to have on standby to get the lawn fully mowed in one sitting (which is an added expense to you)
- This model is only 16 inches so additional time will be required to get the grass cut when compared to a wider model
- The 40V G-Max and the 40V Lithium-Ion Batteries are not cross compatible so this mower is only compatible with the G-Max 2Ah battery 29462 and the G-Max 4Ah battery 29472.
- Price is a little on the high side however you save in the long term when it comes to having no maintenance, gas or oil costs.
Another place to view very low priced Greenworks cordless Lawn mowers is at Amazon and a selection of their lawn mowers are outlined below which may be of interest to you - Click on any Greenworks mower image below to read more at Amazon…
If this mower hasn’t ticked all the boxes for you, then feel free to read any further related reviews on Greenworks Lawn Mowers outlined as follows …
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model 40V Bare Tool Cordless 19 inch 2501302 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Corded 13 Amp 21 Inch 25112 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Corded 120V 16 Inch 25142 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Corded 12 Amp 20 Inch 25022 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Corded 18 Inch 25012 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model Cordless 40V 19 Inch 25223 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Model 20 Inch Reel Mower 25072 – Read the review here
- Greenworks Lawn Mower Compilation of 8 Different Models – Read the review here
On a final note, I really hope this review on the Greenworks Cordless 16 inch 40V 2 in 1 mower has helped you out – if not – please do let me know by leaving a comment below!!!