Are you thinking about buying a Hyundai Cordless Electric lawn mower in the coming days or weeks? If so, then take a quick look through our detailed review which will let you know everything you need to know plus a quick summary of our own personal feedback after using this lawnmower to cut our grass. There are several brands of cordless lawnmowers available across the market and we wanted to see if this electric cordless lawnmower from Hyundai was as good as many of the other market leaders that we have tested and reviewed in the past. The things we wanted to find out in particular was the power level provided, cutting quality, collection capability and how well the battery performs in terms of running durations and battery recharging.
Our review will also point out a few FAQ’s that came up that will be of interest to you along with an overview of the main pros and cons which can be checked out further down on this page. For easier navigation, our review will be split into 6 parts so feel free to skip to whatever part interests you the most.
Electric Lawn Mower Review Content:
- Part 1: Overview & FAQ’s
- Part 2: Hyundai Cordless Lawn Mower Review (features, pros, cons)
- Part 3: Specification Information & Assembly Tips
- Part 4: Comparison Table
- Part 5: Price Comparison Options
- Part 6: Conclusion
As price guides can only be published at the time of this Hyundai lawnmower review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you get the most accurate up to date price information.
Part 1: Overview & FAQ’s
|Model:||Hyundai 60V Cordless Battery Lawn Mower Ref: HYM60LI420|
|Battery Power:||LG lithium-ion 60V 2.5Ah battery|
|Cutting Width:||42cm wide|
|Best Place to Buy:||Hyundai Power Equipment UK – View Stock Availability Here|
|Best Place to Buy:||Amazon UK – Check Today’s Prices Here|
|Warranty:||3 years duration|
|Support:||Hyundai UK: 01646 687 880 or email@example.com|
Frequently Asked Questions for the Hyundai Cordless Lawnmower (10)
Q1. How long will the battery last for? Does it need to be changed annually?
A. No, it doesn’t need to be changed annually as the battery is designed for 1k+ recharges
Q2. How low can the cutting height be set?
A. The lowest cutting height available is 2cm (highest is 7cm)
Q3. How long does it take to recharge the battery once again?
A. You will need to wait 80 to 90 minutes for the battery to be recharged
Q4. How long will the battery last when mowing?
A. It depends on grass conditions (thickness / dampness) but should last between 50 to 60 minutes on average mowing conditions
Q5. Does it include a brushless motor for higher efficiency?
A. Yes, a brushless motor is included for this model HYM60LI420 for superior performance and durability
Q6. How many levers are needed to adjust the mowing heights?
A. Only a single lever is needed to adjust through the 6 different mow heights
Q7. Do you need to pull a recoil cord to get it started?
A. No, there is no pull cord – only a safety key and pull back the control lever.
Q8. Where can I get spare parts if needed?
A. Spare parts are available directly from Hyundai Power Equipment based in Pembrokeshire
Q9. Is both the battery and charging unit included in the pack?
A. Yes, the charging unit and 60V battery are included in the box delivery
Q10. Can this battery be used on other Hyundai battery powered tools?
A. Yes, this battery is interchangeable with a wide range of Hyundai tools that use a 60V battery.
Part 2: Hyundai Cordless Lawn Mower Review
Hyundai HYM60LI420 60V 42cm Cordless Lawn Mower
Summary of Key Features:
60V Lithium-ion battery
Charger & battery included
2.5Ah battery & 42cm mow width
6 mow heights 2cm to 7cm
Single lever height adjustment
For small & medium size lawns
Folds down for easier storage
Grass collection 50L capacity
Battery runtime 50 - 60 mins
Battery recharging 90 minutes
Warranty is 3 years long
Electric Lawn Mower Description:
- This electric cordless lawnmower from Hyundai reference code HYM60LI420 comes with a 60V 2.5Ah Lithium-ion battery and a charging unit and it provides a cleaner and more environmentally friendly alternative when it comes to keeping your lawns and grasses under control. The battery is designed to last for over 1000 charges so it will last for many seasons into the future so there is no need to worry about replacing the batteries in the future.
- The grass catcher collection unit has a larger capacity of 50 litres, the mowing width is 42cm and there are 6 mow height settings available that range from 2cm up to 7cm. These mow heights are adjusted and managed using a single lever height adjustor.
- It is a cleaner, maintenance free and a quieter mowing solution which can also be folded down when not in use which is ideal for people with small storage spaces and it includes a hard-wearing corrosion free and rust free plastic chassis.
- The battery included is a higher spec LG battery so it can be charged in 80 to 90 minutes and the runtime on the battery can be anywhere from 50 to 60 minutes depending on grass mowing conditions. The motor used is a brushless motor so it runs more efficient, lasts longer, emits less noise and ultimately provides more power.
- Any spare parts that may be needed are readily available, it is quick and easy to assemble and it comes covered with a 3 year warranty to protect your investment well into the future.
- There is no recoil cord to pull as this lawnmower is started using a safety key, engaging the lock-out button and then pulling back on the control lever. In addition, it has a rear roller to give an attractive striped lawn appearance.
- Available from: Hyundai Power Equipment UK (direct)
Price Guide: £350 to £390 (3-year warranty)
Further images of the Hyundai HYM60LI420 60V 42cm Cordless Lawn Mower are outlined below (4)
Pros and Cons for the Hyundai Cordless Lawnmower:
Pros for the Cordless HYM60LI420:
- There is great simplicity overall with using this mower as there is no oil, fuel and no cables involved. All you have to do is charge the battery and off you go.
Assembly is quick and easy which only took us 10 minutes to complete – plus there is a really good assembly instructional manual provided to walk you through the steps involved.
- One thing you don’t have to worry about is rust or corrosion on the deck as it comes designed with a durable rust-free plastic chassis which is one less thing to worry about.
It comes with a brushless motor which raises the price somewhat but it is worth it nonetheless. The brushless motor offers better efficiency, power usage and will serve you many years more when compared to non-brushless motors.
- The one thing we liked when compared to petrol mowers is the low level of noise emitted when working this machine. If you have neigbours living closeby, this little machine works a treat to keep the noise levels to a minimum.
- Another thing we really liked about this machine is the fact that it can be folded down after use which makes it easier to store in smaller garages or sheds
- Many other cheaper electric lawnmowers have grass catchers that are only 30L capacity where this Hyundai cordless grass collection has a much bigger capacity of 50L which means less time is wasted emptying the unit.
- Starting this machine is a hell of a lot easier than a petrol recoil manual mower as all you have to do is use the start key and pull a lever.
- There is little to no maintenance involved as it won’t need to be serviced like petrol mowers, it won’t need oil changing or air filters as you have a maintenance free mowing machine instead.
- Unlike many other mowers, this machine has a grass fill indicator so you know in advance when it needs to be emptied which is a great help!
- You get the Hyundai UK 3-year warranty to protect your investment and the battery quality is excellent from what we have seen which can last up to 1000+ charges so it will last from many seasons to come. The rear roller also worked well to give eye catching stripes.
Cons for the Cordless HYM60LI420:
- There is only 1 battery included in this pack where other brands we have seen offer a second back up battery also which allows you switching from one battery to the next.
- You are limited to the mowing running time of the battery. If your lawn takes over 60 minutes to do, then you need to stop, recharge and wait for the battery to be recharged once again.
- Tough mowing conditions will deplete the battery charge a lot quicker especially with damp or wet grasses or even thick grasses. So, the 60 minute battery runtime can be lowered significantly which can be a little unreliable or unpredictable.
- Tends to struggle with the first season cut where grass has got out of control or with longer grasses where grass has not been mowed for a few weeks. It is better if the grass is mowed more frequently to keep it under control.
- Lacks the superior power offered by petrol powered engines especially with tough grasses. A second pass can be needed where you start at the higher heights of 5 to 7cm and then work your way down in the second pass.
- The price is a good deal higher than other brands as you can expect to pay well over £300 for this lawn mower which won’t suit people who are seeking the lowest possible price. If the cheapest cordless lawn mower is what you are after, then you are better off looking elsewhere as you won’t find it here.
- There are no self-propelled functions included which are readily available on petrol mowers for large lawns or helping with steep slopes.
- The strength of the handles could be sturdier as they feel a little flimsy, so you need to be careful with assembling the cam locks and it is recommended not to allow the battery to become completely depleted.
Specification Information Part 1:
Charging times 90 mins
Mow widths 42cm / 16.5 inches
6 mow height positions
Cut heights 2cm to 7cm
Grass catcher 50L capacity
Grass level indicator
Front wheels 14cm, rear wheels 20cm
Grass fill indicator
Hyundai UK aftersales team
Lawn size guide 2,000 square feet
Specification Information Part 2:
Box size L70.5cm, W42cm, H36cm
Assembled L134cm, W42cm, H109cm
Gross weight 18kg
Net weight 15kg
Battery lifespan 1k+ charges
Safety key and lock out button
Foldable for easier storage
Spare parts readily available
No side discharge or mulch plug
A number of images are provided below to give you a quick overview on the assembly manual instructions and the steps you will need to take to get it up and running in a matter of a few minutes – 5 image steps
Part 4: Comparison Table
There are other cordless lawn mowers available from Hyundai namely the HYM60Li380 and the HYM120Li510 and a comparison table is outlined below which should help you get a better understanding about how each of these lawnmowers compare against one another.
|Battery:||LG 60V 2.5Ah||LG 60V 2.5Ah||LG 60V 2.5Ah x 2|
|Grass Unit:||50L capacity||45L capacity||65L capacity|
|Battery Runtime:||60 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes x 2|
|Lawn Size Guide:||2000 sq. ft||2000 sq. ft||2500 sq. ft|
|Warranty:||3 years||3 years||3 years|
Part 5: Price Comparison Options:
If you think that this lawnmower’s price is a little on the high side for you, then check out and compare the 2 options provided below that a worth closer look before you make your final decision.
What do the General Public Say? (4 Examples)
- We used it for the first time on a lawn that took 30 minutes long and there was a lot left in the battery, it didn’t run out at all which was great. Hope it lasts for years to come.
- Quick delivery from Hyundai and it was a much easier mowing experience compared to my previous petrol mower – easier to start, easier to maintain and leaves a clean tidy finish. The only thing is that the frame is quite narrow at only 16.5 inches.
- Even though it doesn’t have the same level of power as my previous petrol mower, it is a lot easier to handle, push and manage overall. Less noise, no toxic fumes, no cables, no oil and petrol costs so you are playing a small part for helping create a greener environment.
- It was so much easier to manage the mowing without being limited to the length of a cable. Plus there was no need to worry about driving over and cutting the cable either. Charges up nice and quick but the mow width is a bit narrow
Part 6: Our Conclusion:
Would I buy this electric cordless lawn mower from Hyundai? Definitely a big yes from me as it certainly surpassed my expectations in terms of battery power, cutting quality and grass clipping collections. Many other cordless mowers we have used only last 25 to 35 minutes but this battery definitely last a good deal longer and it lasted close to 50 minutes in moderate grass mowing conditions. Assembly was quick and easy – around 5 to 10 minutes is all it took and the quality of the grass collection unit with the hard lid was impressive.
The one thing I would say though if you have a large acre site or even a half acre site, you may need to consider a larger and wider lawn mower than this as the frame is quite small (only 16.5 inches or 42cm) but if you have a small to medium sized lawn, then this little machine will work perfectly for you. You are protected for 3 years and there is back up support from Hyundai Power Equipment in Pembrokeshire who are only a phone call away if you experience any problems or need to source any additional spare parts. If your lawn takes 60 minutes plus to complete, you can also get an additional secondary charger and a second battery also from Hyundai direct so that you always have a backup charged battery at all times for larger type mowing jobs.
Have you used a Hyundai Cordless lawnmower yourself in the recent past? Anything good or bad to say about it?
If possible, please educate others in the UK by leaving a comment in the comment box section provided below.
- Spear & Jackson Lawnmower Reviews 2021 – Which One? on
- Spear & Jackson Lawnmower Reviews 2021 – Which One? on
- Spear & Jackson Corded Electric Lawnmower Review 2021 – Assembly Tips on
- Bosch Rotak 34 Lawnmower Review 2021 – Video Tips & FAQ’s on
- Bosch Rotak 34 Lawnmower Review 2021 – Video Tips & FAQ’s on