If you are thinking about or considering buying a Yard Force Electric or Petrol Lawn mower in the coming days or weeks, then make sure to check out this brief Yard Force lawn mower review which will focus on the Cordless Electric models in detail and also the Self-Propelled Petrol Lawn mowers in brief so at least you have more than one choice when it comes to making a final decision. They also have Electric Robo-mowers under this brand which we take a quick look at also as that may be something that your family would like to consider also if you do not have the time for the weekly mowing chore.
In addition, we will also outline 2 featured videos to give you a better understanding about their features and capabilities and also a comparison table to provide additional clarity before you make your final decision. One advantage here also is the fact that you do not need to commute and collect as these Lawn mowers can all be ordered online and also delivered to your home hassle free which is one less thing to worry about.
Please note also that only guide prices can be presented at the time of this review as prices can change slightly from week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most up to date accurate price information. This review for the Yard Force Lawn mowers will be broken down as follows so feel free to skip to whatever part interests you the most
Yard Force Lawn Mower Review – Content Summary
- Part 1 – Overview & FAQ’s
- Part 2 – Video demo’s x 2 (Electric and Petrol Self Propelled)
- Part 3 – Yard Force Cordless Lawn Mower Review – Features / Pros / Cons
- Part 4 – Alternative Electric Lawn Mower Options
- Part 5 – Alternative Petrol Lawn Mower Options
- Part 6 - Price Comparison Options vs other brands (Spear & Jackson / McGregor)
Part 1: Quick Overview & FAQ’s
|Models:||Electric and Petrol Self Propelled|
|Warranty:||2-year manufacturer’s warranty|
|Orders Online:||Accepted with hassle free home delivery|
|Price Range:||£130 to £250 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheapest Place to Buy:||Amazon UK – View Prices & Stock Availability Here|
|Support:||UK helpline available 7 days-a-week|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does the 34cm 40V include the battery and charger with the delivery?
A. Yes, the 34cm 40V includes a battery and the charger with the package
Q. Do they include rear rollers?
A. Yes, they include rear rollers on many of their models (check details below)
Q. How long does it take to recharge the batteries for the cordless lawn mowers?
A. For the 34cm cordless battery, it takes approx. 75 minutes to fully recharge the battery
Q. How long with the battery run for?
A. The fully recharged battery for the 34cm cordless mower will last for 40 to 45 minutes (heavier/thicker grasses will deplete the battery quicker along with lower mow height cutting)
Q. Are the electric cordless lawn mowers self-propelled?
A. No, only the petrol lawn mowers here are self-propelled (not the cordless models)
Q. Can you get spare batteries and where are they available?
A. Yes, additional batteries can be bought either from Yard Force on the Amazon platform or from Yard Force direct
Part 2 – Yard Force Lawn Mower Video Displays
To get a better understanding of these Lawn mowers under the Yard Force brand, feel free to take a look at either the Cordless Electric video or the Petrol Self-propelled Lawn mower videos provided below (or both). These videos will help you get a better overview on what to expect from them if you decide to follow through with a purchase under this brand.
Video 1 - Yard Force 34cm 40V Cordless Rotary Lawnmower Demonstration:
Video 2 - Yard Force 46cm 500E Petrol Lawnmower GM B46 Demonstration
Part 3 – Yard Force Cordless Lawn Mower Review – Features / Pros / Cons
1, Yard Force 34cm Cordless Rotary Lawnmower
Main Key Features to Note:
- One of the most popular lawn mowers under the Yard Force brand is the Cordless 34cm 40V model which includes the quick charger and the Lithium ion battery and is suitable for lawns up to 500m2
- This cordless lawnmower has a 34cm mow cutting path, a 2.5Ah battery, a charger unit, a rear roller for stripes and also a grass collector with a capacity of 35L. There is also a grass full level indicator on the grass collector so you know straight away when it needs to be emptied.
- It is lightweight to use (less than 15kg), the mow heights can be adjusted through 7 levels with the central adjustor and the mow height range is from 2.5cm to 7.5cm. It also has the 40V Samsung Li-ion battery with a power level indicator so you know how time you have left when mowing.
- There is also a nice comfortable handle (soft grip), it can be folded down after use for tighter storage and the run time on the battery can last for 45 minutes duration (recharge time takes 75 minutes)
- The price range when last seen on sale with Amazon at the time of this review was for less than £250 which of course can be double checked below if you wish to take a closer look
Further Images for the Yard Force 34cm Cordless Lawn mower are outlined below…
Main Pros Available x 9:
- No fuel or ongoing maintenance costs or cords across your lawn as you work to worry about. Plus, there is a power indicator on the battery to tell you how much battery life you have left as you work.
- Significantly lower noise levels when compared to typical petrol type lawn mowers and the rear rollers perform well in giving you that attractive striped effect
- Environmentally friendly option with no toxic fumes or gas emissions to worry about – great around children in particular
- Price range is reasonable when we compare it to various other brands that offer cordless lawn mowers and you have the single lever height adjustor as standard.
- For people with small sheds or garages this is an ideal option as it can be folded away neatly in a tight space.
- Battery recharging time is quite reliable and tends to take between 70 and 80 minutes to have it back to 100% again
- The grass collection level full indicator is handy to have as you know well in advance when it comes to getting it emptied
- It is more or less ready to go straight from the box with little to no assembly work needed – only takes 5 to 10 minutes to get it prepared and it provides more power than one would expect for a lawn mower of its size.
- Ideal for small to medium size type gardens when the mowing time is generally less than 40 to 45 minutes work and you need a lighter weight type lawn mower to work with
Main Cons Outlined x 8:
- Secondary batteries if needed in time are more expensive than you think. Also, your grass mowing time is limited to the duration of the battery charge (40 to 45 minutes)
- Lacks the significant torque and superior power for tough and thick grasses and weeds, tends to get clogged up a bit especially with damp grasses
- The lowest mow height range of 2.5cm will not be low enough for some gardeners who prefer a much tighter cut.
- Wet, thick and heavy grasses will deplete the battery a lot quicker which means a reduced mow time window.
- If your lawn takes more than 40/45 minutes to complete, then you need to stop and recharge or go down the route of a second back up battery. Battery slotting in the compartment could be better, if it gets somewhat disconnected, it will power off
- It will appear a bit too plastic for some and you need to register your purchase online to get the 2 year warranty. The button on the motor also needs to be pressed quite hard to get it started
- Not as powerful with long grasses or thicker grasses as many others have reviewed but the lower price they offer gives them a slightly competitive advantage.
- Poor enough after sales support despite claims that they offer support 7 days a week (long holding times on the phone) and issues of poor starting and cut-outs have been reported by other previous users in the past which is very annoying. Many people report the starting process as being excellent while others have experienced less than satisfactory results.
More Electric Lawn mower reviews that may be of interest to you…
- Bosch 32cm Cordless Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- Flymo Speedimo Rotary Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
Part 4 – Yard Force Alternative Electric Lawn Mower Options
Below is a quick outline of other alternative Electric lawn mowers under the Yard Force Brand such as the Yard Force 32cm Cordless Rotary Lawnmower (price is a lot lower), the Yard Force 37cm Cordless Rotary Lawnmower and also the Yard Force SA500ECO Robomower that you may wish to consider also
2, Yard Force 32cm Cordless Rotary Lawnmower
Mow Width 32cm
Grass Collector 30L capacity
5 Cutting heights
Mow levels of 2.5 to 6.5cm
40V Lithium-Ion Battery
Price: View Checker Below
3, Yard Force 37cm Cordless Rotary Lawnmower
Mow Width 37cm
Grass Collector 40L capacity
7 Cutting heights
Mow levels of 2.5 to 7.5cm
40V Lithium-Ion Battery
Price: View Checker Below
4, Yard Force SA500ECO Robomower Lawnmower
Powered by Samsung 28V
Lithium-ion 2Ah battery
Work area is 500m²
Built in sensors
Mow levels of 2cm to 6cm
Charger station Included
Price: View Checker Below
Further information on comparing the different features of the Cordless Yards Force Lawn mowers is outlined in the comparison table below…
|Feature||Electric 34cm Cordless 40V||Electric 32cm Cordless 40V||Electric 37cm Cordless 40V|
|Lawn Size:||Up to 500m2||Up to 300m2||Up to 600m2|
|Recharge Time:||75 minutes||90 minutes||75 minutes|
|Battery Duration:||45 minutes||25 minutes||35-45 minutes|
|Mow Heights:||2.5cm to 7.5cm||2.5cm to 6.5cm||2.5cm to 7.5cm|
|Grass Collection:||35L capacity||30L capacity||40L capacity|
|Warranty:||2 years||2 years||2 years|
Part 5 – Yard Force Alternative Petrol Lawn Mower Options
In addition, take a quick look also at the brief outline of the Petrol lawn mowers under the Yard Force Brand such as the Yard Force 46cm Self Propelled Rotary Petrol Lawnmower and the Yard Force 41cm Push Rotary Petrol Lawnmower which both provide superior levels of power when compared to the Electric versions and a lot less issues with the starting system that has been flagged up already with the Cordless Lawn mowers
5, Yard Force 46cm Self Propelled Rotary Petrol Lawnmower
Mow width is 46cm for larger gardens
140cc Briggs & Stratton 500 Series Engine
Prime'n Pull Starting System
Hardened steel metal deck
Superior power around slopes
7 Mow heights from 2.5cm to 7.5cm
Grass collector with 55L capacity
Mulching Capability for Clippings
Price: View Updated Price Below
6, Yard Force 41cm Push Rotary Petrol Lawnmower
Mow width is 41cm for gardens 750m2
125cc Briggs & Stratton 300 Series Engine
Prime'n Pull Starting System also
Includes a hardened steel metal deck
5 Mow heights from 2.5cm to 7.5cm
Grass collector with 45L capacity
Soft grip handle to reduce hand fatigue
Price: View Updated Price Below
Part 6 - Price Comparison Options
If you wish to compare prices elsewhere from other brands, then make sure to compare the prices of the 2 other options provided below that will be of interest to you before you make your final decision as both were available for less than £200 at the time of this review (discount promotions were in place)
If you are still undecided and wish to explore more reviews, then feel free also to take a look at further Lawn mower review work as follows:
- Spear & Jackson Lawn Mower Reviews – Take a Look Here
- Bosch 34cm Corded Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- Flymo Mighti-Mo Rotary Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- McGregor Lawn Mower Reviews - Take a Look Here
Finally, have you any previous experience of using a Yard Force Electric or Petrol Lawnmower in the past?
If possible, please educate the local community by leaving your feedback good or bad in the comment section provided below – So that other people across the community can learn also! (email addresses are kept safe and secure and tick the box first before submitting your feedback)