After reviewing the Hayter Harrier 48 Lawnmowers, we also wanted to complete our Hayter Harrier 41 Lawnmower review to see if they are as good as people say they are and to find out if they can perform to give the professional looking lawn appearance with the clear garden grass stripes.
As Hayter carry a wide range of electric and petrol lawnmowers, our review will include both the Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless Self-propelled Rear roller Lawnmower and also the Hayter Harrier 41 Self-propelled Variable speed Petrol Rear roller Lawnmower so at least you have more than just 1 option when it comes to making any final decision.
View also: Our Hayter Harrier 48 Lawnmower review
Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless Lawnmower Variations
There are 3 main options when it comes to making a selection of Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless lawnmowers and the cheapest in the range is the hand push Hayter Harrier 41 60V Push lawnmower followed then by the Hayter Harrier 41 VS Variable speed self-propelled lawnmower. The third and final option then is the more expensive Hayter Harrier 41 60v Pro Lawnmower which is designed really for landscape contractors, commercial work settings and gardeners that work on a professional level.
Hayter Harrier Battery & Charger Variations
The standard package for the Hayter Harrier 41 cordless lawnmower will include the 6.0Ah 60V battery and the 60V 2 Amp charger which would be considered as the basic package.
Please note though that you can get the 7.5Ah 60V battery instead if you wish plus the 60V 5.5 Amp quick charger but this higher spec battery and charger will increase the overall price for you so bear this in mind also.
That being said, if you have a Hayter 6Ah battery and the 2 Amp 60V charger already in your shed, then you can choose to buy it as the Bare Tool option which in turn will save you some money in the process.
Part 1: Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless Lawnmower Review
Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless Variable Speed 60V Rear Roller Lawnmower 377
This smaller cordless 1500W self-propelled lawnmower from Hayter offers a mowing path width of 41cm, variable speed options and it comes with a 60V 6Ah battery and a standard 2 Amp battery charger. It has the Rear roller built in on the back to generate eye catching garden stripes and it is designed for lawn area sizes of approx. 300-400m2. There are 2 speed modes namely the auto mode which operates from 1.8km per hour to 3km per hour and then you have the power boost mode which operates faster at 2.1km per hour up to 3.3km per hour.
The batteries are interchangeable to other 60V Hayter gardening tools which is good to know and the 2 piece heavy duty polymer rear rollers can give you the crisp and clear lawn stripes that will be the envy of your neighbours.
If you have long grass, then you should start at the highest setting and work your way down on the second and third pass. Another thing we liked was the trim side deck which means that the blades cut to the outer width of the wheels which means less trimming work is needed around the borders when your mowing work is done.
The deck is made using Aluminium, it has the wash port hose on the top frame for cleaning the undercarriage and there are 7 mowing heights that range from 1.3cm up to 6cm. It is designed with a Brushless DC motor and the power boost means it will only kick in when needed to help save the battery life and mowing runtime.
In addition, the handles can be folded down, it is started with the press of a button and the storage capacity of the grass collection bag is 60 litres. For your protection, it comes with a 5 year warranty and also a 90 day money back guarantee from the supply base in Gloucester
Price Guide: £1200 - £1500
Cordless Electric Lawnmower Price Comparisons
Pros for the Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless lawnmower 377
- There are no oils, power cords, fuels and less maintenance is required plus there are no fumes or emissions so it is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional petrol powered lawnmowers.
- You have the variable speed options when it comes to the self-propelled support to suit your own walking and mowing work pace.
- You have multiple premium features available here all in the same machine such as the vari-pitch technology, variable self-propelled speed support, a tighter low mowing cut and rear rollers unlike many other cheaper cordless lawnmowers
- Many other lower priced cordless lawnmowers will only cut as low as 2.5cm but you can get a tighter and cleaner cut with this lawnmower as low as 1.3cm
- The level of protection you get is excellent with the 5 year warranty and also the 90 day money back guarantee for extra peace of mind
Cons for the Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless lawnmower 377
- While the power in this Hayter 41 battery is very good at 6Ah, the larger Hayter 48 has a more powerful 7.5Ah battery included
- This Hayter 41 cordless lawnmower is designed really for smaller lawns up to 300-400m2 where the Hayter 48 cordless lawnmower can cover larger areas up to 500-600m2.
- We found that the petrol 41 version worked a lot better when it came to sloped and difficult terrain and more difficult mowing conditions
- It has lower power level of 1500W where the Hayter 48 cordless offers a higher power rate of 2000W
- As the batteries are more powerful and you have the 2 Amp charger, it will take over 2 hours to have it recharged once again (unless you buy the 5.5 Amp quick charger instead)
Video Overview: Hayter Harrier 41 60V Cordless Rear Roller Lawnmower
Hayter Harrier 41 Petrol Lawnmower Variations
Like the Hayter Harrier 48 petrol lawnmowers, you also have multiple options when it comes to choosing your Hayter Harrier 41 Petrol lawnmower. You can choose the lower priced Hayter Harrier push rear roller Lawnmower or the variable speed Harrier 41 VS lawnmower which is self-propelled and will cost you around £150-£180 more.
After this, you can choose the Hayter Harrier 41 ES electric start (no pull cords) or the Hayter Harrier 41 Pro which is designed more for commercial mowing settings and contract landscapers.
Part 2: Hayter Harrier 41 Petrol VS Lawnmower Review
Hayter Harrier 41 Petrol Variable Speed Self Propelled Lawnmower 375
This lawnmower is a premium high spec lawnmower with multiple features included such as the variable speed self-propelled support, vari-pitch cutting technology, rear rollers built in for beautiful garden stripes and it is well able to deal with lawn areas up to 1000m2 in our opinion (approx. 35m by 30m)
The variable speeds operate from 2.2km per hour up to 3.4km per hour which is great to know as you can mow at your own preferred walking and working pace. It has the lifetime guarantee on its crank shaft and also a long 5 year warranty on the machine itself as long as it is serviced annually
It’s deck is made with aluminium and the ribbed 2 piece rear roller will avoid making any marks when turning at the corners plus you get 7 mowing height options that can cut as low as 1.3cm or as high as 6cm for longer overgrown grasses. It also has the wash hose connector for easier cleaning of the undercarriage and it comes with the Readystart designed engine so there are no problems when it comes to starting this lawnmower.
Another thing we liked is the fact that the handles can be folded down after use for tighter storage and you can also lift the grass collection bag through the handlebars for easier lifting and emptying.
This lawnmower is designed with a Briggs & Stratton 625EXi Series single cylinder 4-stroke OHV (overhead valve) 150cc engine which is also air cooled and offers an engine power rating of 2.2kW. It uses a standard SAE 30 engine oil where the oil tank capacity is 0.44 litres and the fuel tank capacity is 0.8 litres. The weight of this lawnmower is not all that bad at 37kg and the grass collection bag offers a storage capacity of 60 litres.
Price Guide: £800 - £1000
Petrol Lawnmower Price Comparisons
Pros for the Hayter Harrier 41 VS Petrol Lawnmower 375
- You can get a deeper tighter cut at 1.3cm for a cleaner finish to your lawn unlike many other petrol lawnmowers
- There are variable speed options to suit your walking or mowing pace
- It offers a cleaner cut with the vari-pitch cutting technology which again leaves a professional look to your lawn
- You get a long 5 year warranty plus a 90 day money back guarantee from the supply base in Gloucester for peace of mind and to protect your investment for the long term
- The 2 piece rear roller can counter rotate while turning and there is plenty of power in this B&S 625Exi engine for difficult mowing conditions
Cons for the Hayter Harrier 41 VS Petrol Lawnmower 375
- There are no mulching plug or side discharge available as it has the rear rollers instead.
- It is quite heavy at 37kg but you have the self-propelled support to overcome this
- Even though it’s a premium lawnmower with quality features, design and components, the price is on the higher end scale so it is certainly not affordable for everyone
- Even though it has the ReadyStart system, you still need to work the starter pull cord instead of a button electric start (choose the Hayter Harrier 41 ES instead if you wish to avoid pull cords)
View also: Our Cobra Rear Roller lawnmower review
Which lawnmower would we buy? Although we loved the Cordless Hayter 41 lawnmower, our preference was still the Hayter Harrier 41 VS Petrol Autodrive lawnmower as it worked better for us on sloped terrain and difficult mowing conditions especially with damp, lush and coarser grasses.
The quality of the garden stripes was one of the best we have seen anywhere and the tighter lower cut to 1.3cm really gives a professional appearance to your own home garden lawn. Further information and updated prices can be viewed below from the supply base in Gloucester who again will offer you the 90 day money back guarantee…
Hayter Harrier 41 Lawnmower Feedback
Have you ever used a Hayter Harrier 41 Cordless or Petrol Lawnmower in the past? If so, please share your own feedback and experiences with the wider mowing community by leaving a comment in the comment box section provided below….