Hello and welcome to this compilation review of Flymo Lawnmowers which are currently available to buy across the UK market at present. Flymo is part of the world’s largest producer of outdoor power products, and our success has been brought about by our determination to be the innovators within the garden care industry, making the lives of gardeners easier.
The British invention of the hovercraft, was the inspiration for Swedish lawn mower manufacturer Karl Dahlman to invent a flying lawnmower. A lawn mower floating on a cushion of air. Flymo, for short – a brilliant idea in 1964, and a brilliant idea today! It wasn’t long before the idea ‘took off’ and the company grew from strength to strength during the 1970’s, building lawnmowers in its UK factory, where they are still manufactured today.
Lawnmower Review Overview
|Lawn Mower Brand:||Flymo Lawn mower compilation|
|Models Reviewed:||Electrical - Hover, Robotic, Rotary|
|Cheap Place to buy:||Amazon UK – View today’s low prices here|
|Cheap Place to buy:||Argos UK - View today's low prices Here|
Overview on Flymo Lawn mowers:
The first sales season for Flymo in 1965 brought immediate success. Initially, customers found the 'hover' concept hard to imagine - it was so revolutionary for its time! Early sales tended to be made only after the Flymo had been demonstrated on the customer's lawn. Once they had seen it in action, customers were happy to trade up their old-fashioned, petrol cylinder mowers, for the light and agile Flymo. The media were equally quick to support this revolutionary, exciting new brand.
Today, Flymo offers the most comprehensive range of mowers and accessories in the world. In honour of its 50th birthday, Flymo released its latest innovation – the Robotic Lawnmower 1200R. The Flymo Robotic Lawnmower 1200R has been designed to save time and make life easier.
Day or night, rain or shine, the 1200R cuts and fertilises the lawn to perfection – and neither disturbs the neighbours, or emits any fumes!
Quality plays a major part in Flymo’s success. Quality of materials and construction, the use of the latest engineering techniques, and stringent quality control testing, giving consumers assurance of the highest standards, and years of trouble free service.
Flymo continues to be a leading brand in the Husqvarna group. Husqvarna, a world leading producer of outdoor products including robotic lawn mowers, garden tractors, chainsaws and trimmers, employs approx. 14,000 employees in 40 countries.
Flymo Lawn Mower Review Compilation Overview
A Quick Comparison Table is outline below:
|Flymo HoverVac 280 Electric Hover Collect Lawnmower, 1300W||29cm||1300W|
|Flymo Easi Glide 300 Electric Hover Collect Lawnmower 1300W - 30cm||30cm||1300W|
|Flymo FTL330 Turbo Lite Electric Hover Lawnmower - Orange||33cm||1150W|
|Flymo Easimo Electric Wheeled Rotary Lawnmower, 900 W - Orange/Black||32cm||900W|
|Flymo 1200R Lithium-Ion Robotic Lawnmower||17cm||18V 1.6 Ah Lithium-ion Battery.|
|Flymo Mighti-Mo 300 Cordless Battery Lawnmower 40 V||30cm||40V lithium-ion battery|
|Flymo Petrol Power Air Cushion Mower - Honda 160cc Engine||51cm||160cc|
Some Useful Tips on Lawn mowers:
- You should always consider changing the cutting height of your lawnmower when the weather changes.
- Raise the height of cut for spring, then lower it down when spring starts to warm up. Raise again if we're lucky enough to get a dry summer, then follow by lowering as the growth begins to pick up in early Autumn. Continue to raise again when you decide to do your last cuts of the year.
- Things to consider when buying a ride-on mower - If you’re tired of pushing yourself to do the lawns, take a look at the new range of ride-on mowers and get our tips on how to buy possibly the biggest investment in a single product you’ll make when you live on a block.
- What’s best for your conditions? If you are mowing a flat lawn, your choice of ride-on is wide open. But for many people, their lawn may vary from undulating through to steep. In this case, you will need a machine with a low centre of gravity. Another aspect is the length of the grass you’re trying to mow, especially if there are areas you let grow long.
- Diesel or Petrol? Diesel engine ride-on mowers have more torque and are cheaper to run than petrol engines, which is why they are the favoured choice of contractors, who tend to run them for the hours required to make the higher purchase price economical.
- Mow or tow it? Another option is the tow behind mower, usually pulled around by an ATV. Where a tow-behind machine comes into its own is when you have a larger area of lawn and you also want to top paddocks. You can use a ride-on but working on rough ground will quickly wreck belts and blades, and eventually cause expensive repair bills. A cutting unit that you tow behind an ATV is powered by its own engine, and can move over rough terrain at good speeds.
- Steering: wheels or levers? A tractor-style ride-on mower suits people who like the comfort and familiarity of driving a machine that is similar to a car, and if you have a large, open lawn with few obstacles, this may be the most economic option. But don’t let the unusual styling of a lever steer ride-on mower stop off giving it a go
- Why torque is important? Ride-on mowers have ratings for horsepower, displacement and torque. Horsepower is what makes the machine move forward and accelerate under normal conditions. If you have hills, or you want to tow a trailer full of heavy stones, you’ll want more horsepower. Torque is a force, the power generated by the engine that gives a machine its ‘grunt’ to turn the blades, and to keep turning them under stresses like long, wet grass. The higher the torque, the better the performance under stress.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flymo Lawn Mowers
- Q. Where are Flymo Lawnmowers manufactured?
- A. Flymo Lawnmowers are manufactured in their factory in UK
- Q. What Are the Terms and Conditions of my warranty?
- A. All Flymo products are covered for parts and labour for 12 months, providing the fault or defect is found to be a result of faulty manufacture. The Flymo Robotic Mower 1200R comes with a two year warranty.
- Q. Why Does My Lawnmower Not Cut Low Enough?
- A. Not all Flymo lawnmowers have the same cutting height. The type of lawnmower and model determines the minimum and maximum height of cut.
- Q. Why Can't I Manually Turn the Blade on my Lawnmower?
- A. When the lawnmower is switched off and the blade is turned manually by hand, you will feel some resistance. The blade will not turn freely as there is a safety brake fitted. The brake is released on starting the lawnmower.
- Q. Can I adjust the Angle of the handles on my Lawnmower?
- A- On some of our lawnmowers the handles can be moved to a certain extent, but this is governed by legislation, as we have to have a given distance between the operator and the cutting blade on the lawnmower.
- Q. Can I Sharpen the Metal Blade on my Lawnmower?
- A. Metal lawnmower blades can be sharpened by your local service agent. Alternatively new blades can be purchased via the Official Flymo WebShop or local retailers. It is recommended that you only use Genuine Flymo parts and accessories on your lawnmower.
- Q. Why Does My Lawnmower Keep Cutting Out?
- A. There could be a fault with the cable or switch box. Make sure that you are using the correct type of extension cable. Some extension cable reels have built in overload cut-outs, and are rated too low for most lawnmowers making them unsuitable. The extension cable should allow 13 amps.
- Q. Why Is My Lawnmower Vibrating Excessively?
- A. The lawnmowers cutting blade may be out of balance, or the blade bolt could be damaged, if so then it needs to be replaced. Check to see if the impeller (fan) is worn or damaged and if the lugs on the spacers have sheared, if so then these too need replacing. Make sure that the grass box is emptied regularly and the mower is cleaned thoroughly.
- Q. How Does the Robotic 1200R work and how does it know where to go?
- A. The working area is defined by a perimeter wire (called loop wire) that you can compare with the fence for sheep. The robotic lawnmower cuts the grass in a random pattern within the fence. That gives a carpet-like nice looking result. You can use the 1200R's timer settings to make the operation time to suit you and your garden. For each 30m2 lawn area, please program one hour of operation time per day.
- Q. How long does the Robotic 1200R take to recharge?
- A. When the Flymo Robotic Lawnmower 1200R needs more power, it will automatically return to the charging station and charges for approximately 80-100 minutes to regain a full charge. After having completed the charging process the robotic mower automatically starts cutting the grass again.
- Q. Why doesn't my Hover Mower, Hover?
- A. When starting a hover mower, it should be tilted slightly to allow the air to circulate under the deck, giving it lift. Not doing this could make the lawnmower feel heavy during use. If your lawn feels 'spongy' underfoot, this could be a result of a build-up of thatch and moss. This causes the machine to be sucked down onto the lawn and prevents in from hovering. This can be remedied by scarifying the lawn. A Flymo lawn rake is the quick and easy way to remove moss and thatch from your lawn.
If you would also like to look at some of the other Best UK mower categories, further reviews on some of the Best Lawn mowers in the UK are outlined below that may be of interest to you…
- Best UK Petrol mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Corded Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Cordless Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Hover Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Robotic Mowers – Take a look here
- Best UK Tractor Ride on Mowers – Take a look here
Quality plays a major part in Flymo’s success. Quality of materials and construction, the use of the latest engineering techniques, and stringent quality control testing, giving consumers assurance of the highest standards, and years of trouble free service. Flymo is part of the world’s largest producer of outdoor power products, and their success has been brought about by their determination to be the innovators within the garden care industry, making the lives of gardeners easier.
Why one would I choose? If it was a small garden it would have to be the Mighty-mo and for a larger garden - it would have to be the Robotic mower, that's my opinion anyway but best of luck with making your own decision
In addition, please share your experiences good or bad with the community by leaving a comment in the comment box below.