Following on from the review of the Flymo 330, we have also completed our Flymo Easi Glide 300 Hover Lawn mower Review which is quite similar to the Flymo 330 Hover lawn mower so a lot of what was outlined in that review is also applicable here so feel free to check out that review also here if needed
Again, please note also that guide prices can only be presented at the time of this review as prices can change from week to week depending on discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
View also: Our Hover Lawnmower Reviews here
Like the Flymo Easi Glide 330 review, this Flymo Easi Glide 300 review will focus on the features, pros, cons, a summary of several frequently asked questions that will be of interest to you and also a comparison table for further clarity against other Hover models under the Flymo brand.
Lawn Mower Review Overview
|Flymo Easi Glide 300 Hover Lawnmower
|Yes, with hassle free home delivery
|£80 to £100 (at the time of this review)
|Cheap Place to Buy:
|Argos UK – View Stock Availability Here
|Helpline is available at 0344 844 4558
Summary of Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Where are these Flymo Hover lawnmowers made?
A. These Flymo Hover lawnmowers are made in the UK
Q2. How do you adjust the heights?
A. You adjust the heights by adding or removing the spacers with the spanner included
Q3. What are the box dimensions for this Hover lawn mower model?
A. The box dimensions are 78.7cm by 43.2cm by 40.6cm
Q4. Does it have the mulching ability?
A. Unfortunately no, there is no mulching capability available with this model
Q5. How does it float on air?
A. The motor drives a fan beside the blade which in turn brings in the air and raising it
Q6. How do you fold the handles?
A. You simply unlock the knobs and fold down
View also: Flymo Hover Lawnmowers @ Amazon here
Q7. Does it require frequent emptying?
A. On average, it will be reduced as the grass becomes compacted internally
Q8. Can it work on steep slopes or uneven ground?
A. Yes, it can work on these surfaces as it floats on a cushion of air
Q9. Does it collect all the grass cuttings?
A. Not all is collected so additional work will be needed to tidy up afterwards (raking, sweeping or using a blower)
Q10. If you have limited space in your shed, can you hang it up?
A. Yes it can be hung up but please make sure the object being used for suspension is strong enough as if it falls it will not be covered by warranty
Q11. Does it require any tools for assembly?
A. No, it is ready to work straight from the box
Q12, When it is delivered, what mow height is it set to?
A. When you receive it, the height for mowing is set at 2cm
Q13. Can it give the stripes across the lawn?
A. There is no rear roller so it cannot give the striped effect
View also: Our Best Lawnmower Lists here
Flymo Easi Glide 300 Hover Lawnmower Review
This Hover mower operates on a cushion of air with a metal blade and it provides a mow cutting path of 30cm and a power level of 1300W. It is suitable for small and medium sized gardens only and it has a light weight design coming in at only 8.5kg
It includes a grass box with a collection capacity of 20L and it operates as a corded version for power with a 10m cable included as standard so extension cables may ne needed.
There are front roller wheels to help with transport when not in use and it provides 4 different mow height settings that range from 1.2cm to 3.2cm. It includes the double handed switchbox for left or right-hand use which is also good to know. In addition, it also has spacers and a spanner is included for height adjustments
Price Guide: £80 to £130 @ Argos
Further images are outlined below for the main features:
- Made in the UK so you are supporting your own community when you buy
- One of the lightest in the range which make the job of mowing a lot easier to do and carry around
- No assembly is required on your end which is great as it is more or less ready to start working straight from the box, just unfold the handle and plug in
- No maintenance costs, fuel or oil costs to worry about or charging of batteries either
- Environmentally friendly alternative to petrol lawn mower with no toxic fumes
- Suitable for areas around steep slopes, uneven ground, banks or areas hard to reach by rotary lawn mowers
- Front roller wheels are included to help with the portability aspect when not in use
- Significantly lower level of noise when compared to petrol mowers
- Includes the double handed switchbox which can be adapted to left or right handed
- Compacts the collected grass internally so the smaller box of 20L goes a lot further than one would expect
- In terms of size, it is very small and can be folded away when not is in use which is ideal for people with limited storage space in their sheds.
- Overall, although not the best among the Flymo Hover range, it does provide adequate features without all the expensive addons and generally has one of the lowest prices available which makes it very hard to beat
- Only really works with very small gardens (like half the size of a tennis court)
- Lowest power available of 1300W, if power is what you are after, then start looking elsewhere
- Shorter cable of 10m – others have 12m and some 15m so please check your garden dimensions first
- After the Hovervac 280, it has the narrowest mow path which ultimately means more time is needed to complete the average job
- Many have issues with grass cuttings not being collected sufficiently so additional work is generally needed for the clean-up afterwards on driveways or patios (raking / sweeping)
- Getting a perfect even cut can be difficult to achieve at times so if you want a beautiful perfect manicured lawn- look elsewhere
- You are limited to a work area of the length of the cable or extension cord which typically means very small garden sizes.
- Unable to deal with very long grass, heavy thick grass so is only able to perform lighter duty type work but at least you are covered with a 12 month guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- You may need to get an extension cord depending on your lawn size which is an additional expense
- Lower level of warranty than McGregor (2 yrs)
- The biggest issue again really is the amount of work needed afterwards with the clean up job so the grass collection system should be a lot better – on a positive note, you do get a lot more exercise and burn more calories!
If you wish to compare the Flymo Easi Glide 300 to other models – take a look at the table provided below with the key points to note outlined as follows:
- After the Hovervac model, it has the narrowest mow path
- Lowest level of power is provided (same as the Hovervac 280)
- Grass bag is in line with many other models
- Shorter cable by 2m than the Easi Glide 330 and 5m shorter than the UltraGlide 1800W but the same as the Hovervac 280
|Easi Glide 300
|Hover vac 280
|Grass bag Size:
|Mow Height Range:
|1cm to 3cm
|1cm to 3cm
|1cm to 3cm
|1.3cm to 3.2cm
If you would like to compare prices elsewhere in the marketplace, then make sure to take a quick look also at the options provided below…
While you are here and if you are still undecided – take a look at further reviews outlined as follows:
Hover Mower Community Feedback
Have you any previous experience of using a Flymo Hover Easi Glide 300 Collect Lawnmower in the past? If so, please educate the UK community by leaving your feedback good or bad in the comment section provided below – So that they can learn also!