Hello once again and many thanks for taking the time to visit this review. If you are interested in buying a Flymo UltraGlide Hover Electric Lawn mower in the coming days or weeks, then please make sure to check out this brief but useful Flymo UltraGlide review that will outline all you need to be aware of before you decide to buy.
This review will focus on outlining all the main features, positives and negatives in an easy to read and follow format so that you can easily decide for yourself if indeed this is the right lawn mower for you or not.
View also: Our Hover Lawnmower Reviews here
Local Discount Activities
Before we begin, please be aware also that guide prices can only be outlined at the time of this review as prices can change slightly from week to week or month to month depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
We will also outline several useful frequently asked questions that have come up in the recent past that will be of interest to you that should answer most of the queries that you may have. In addition, a comparison table is outlined at the end of this review to compare against several other Flymo Hover models to add further clarity of what you can expect to get before it arrives…
Check Out: Flymo Hover Lawnmowers @ Amazon here
Lawn Mower Review Overview
|Model:||Flymo UltraGlide 36cm Hover Lawnmower 1800W|
|Orders Online:||Yes, with hassle free home delivery|
|Price Range:||£135 to £195 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Argos UK – View Stock Availability Here|
|Support:||Helpline is available at 0344 844 4558|
Frequently Asked Questions for the Flymo UltraGlide
Q1, What blade is used for this model?
A. The reference number of the blade for this model is the FLY068 36cm Hover Mower Blade
Q2. What size is the grass collection box?
A. The grass collection box has a capacity of 30L (10L more than the Hovervac / Easi-Glide)
Q3. How long is the power cable for the UltraGlide?
A. The power cable for the UltraGlide is 15m long
Q4. What is the DuoTech system offered by this model?
A. The DuoTech system works by lifting & straightening the uncut grass and neatly cutting propelling the grass off the blade and then up into the grass box and compacting it for better storage
Q5. Is there a rear roller included?
A. No, there is no rear roller included for stripes.
Q6. What are the mow height minimum and maximum?
A. The mow heights range from a low of 1.3cm up as far as 3.2cm
Q7. What are the boxes dimensions?
A. The boxes dimensions are L90cm by W43cm by H42cm
Q8. Can you remove or detach the cable?
A. No, you cannot remove this cable as it is built in
Q9. Does it have a cable storage?
A. No, but it can be wrapped around the handles bars
Q10. Can it be used on steep slopes or uneven ground?
A. Yes, no problem – it can operate on uneven ground, hills or steep slopes or steep banks
Q11. Are the front wheels used or does it actually hover?
A. This Lawnmower once plugged in will Hover on a cushion of air
View also: Our Best Lawnmower Lists here
Flymo UltraGlide Hover Lawn Mower Review
Main Features Available
This over mower provides a 36cm mow path with a higher power level of 1800W and it is a premium & more advanced model under the Flymo Hover catalogue with the DuoTech system included that offers the ultimate vacuum experience around fences, walls and edges. It floats on a cushion of air from a fan beside the motor and blade
The handles can be folded down to reduce storage space needed. and the grass collection box has a capacity of 30L and it compacts the grass. It is suitable for medium and medium to large type gardens with a power cable included of 15m length It operates on a single lever height adjustor with 4 levels to choose from with a mow height that ranges from 1.3cm to 3.2cm.
It also includes a spring assisted handle to enable better hovering experiences and the power cable is longer coming in at 15m long. A safety switch is included as standard and the weight for this model is 12kg and the size is H119cm by L157cm by W42cm (unfolded). In terms of cost, the price when last seen on sale with Argos was in the £140 to £200 region which of course can be double checked below if you are interested in taking a closer look
Further images are outlined below for the main features:
Main Pros Outlined (Positives)
- Superior power level available at 1800W which is a lot more than the Hovervac or Easi-Glide models
- More advanced & superior performance & collection from the DuoTech system which enables a better and ultimate vacuum experience and cutting closer to walls and boundaries
- Much larger grass collection box of 30L allows longer mowing time and less frequent emptying – 10L larger than many other Flymo Hover models
- The grass becomes compacted internally which is great again at reducing the amount of time spent emptying the grass box – lesser stoppages
- Much longer power cable coming in at 15m long which is 5m longer than the Hovervac and 3m longer than the Easi-Glide 330
- Unlike many other models, there is the single lever height adjustment so there is no need for additional work with spacers or spanners
- Good range of mow heights are available that range from 1.3cm up as far as 3.2cm so you can start at the higher setting and do a double job if needed at the lower setting
- Ideal for areas such as uneven ground, steep slopes or hills as it floats on a cushion of air
- A vision window is provided unlike many other Hover mowers that we came across and is very easy to empty when needed
- Can be folded down also which is great for people who have limited storage space in their sheds.
- Overall, we found it to perform well, it mowed tight to walls, edges and fences, was easy to fold and carry and gave a great attractive clean look to the lawn with little additional work needed for tidying up the grass afterwards (from our trial experiences)
Main Cons Outlined (Negatives)
- Price level is a bit steep for a Premium Hover Mower despite the additional features that it has to offer
- Considerably heavier than the Hovervac and the Easi Glide 300 by nearly 4kg so be prepared for the additional weight to deal with while working.
- No mulching ability is available for composting back into the soil for additional nourishment
- No rear rollers are available to generate attractive stripes across your lawn
- You need to be able to master a technique of avoiding the cord as your work but gets easier once you get the hang of it.
- Limited to a work area of the power cable or an extension cord so keep this is mind.
- If extension cords are needed, then this will be an additional expense for you to incur.
- Although this hasn’t happened to us, others have reported that the Hover glide didn’t work as easy or as good as anticipated and the grass box emptying could also be easier – a bit too tight
- Reports of the mow heights not been low enough for some gardeners even when adjusted to the lowest setting
- Some struggle with keeping the handle continuously in the down position and others found it clogging up far too much especially with damp grass
- Grass collection for many has been excellent while others found the grass collection extremely poor with additional work needed for tidying up afterwards.
- Handle that is held in place by plastic could be a lot stronger and more robust and others found that it was too heavy to operate comfortably with especially when the grass box starts to fill out
- A lot of frustrations have been expressed again with the level of grass not been collected and sent flying everywhere and many have returned it due to a range of other unsatisfactory issues such as motor issues and blade problems
- Many others were thoroughly satisfied with their purchase and had no problems whatsoever but many have been dissatisfied– quite mixed experiences overall and should be better despite the premium features that it has to offer
To compare the Flymo UltraGlide against other Flymo Hover lawnmower models – then take a quick look also at the comparison table provided below…
|Feature:||UltraGlide||Hover vac 280||Easi Glide 300||Easi-Glide 330|
|Grass bag Size:||30L Capacity||20L Capacity||20L Capacity||20L Capacity|
|Mow Height Range:||1.3cm to 3.2cm||1cm to 3cm||1cm to 3cm||1cm to 3cm|
|Warranty:||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
|Cable:||15m long||10m long||10m long||12m long|
|Rear Roller:||Not available||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Mulching:||Not available||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Vision Window:||Available||Not available||Not available||Not available|
If you are interested in comparing prices elsewhere, then make sure to take a quick look at the options provided below…
While you are here, feel free also to take a look at further reviews outlined as follows:
Hover Lawnmower Community Feedback
Have you any previous experience of using a Flymo UltraGlide Hover Lawnmower in the past? If so, please educate the UK community by leaving your feedback good or bad in the comment section provided below – So that they can learn also!
Explore More Reviews:
- Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 Tractor Mower Review 2023 – Vs XT1 LT50 FAB & XT1 LT42B
- Cub Cadet CC30H Compact Riding Mower Review 2023 – Pros vs Cons
- Cub Cadet SC900 Lawn Mower Review 2023 – Pros & Cons
- Cub Cadet SC500K Lawn Mower Review 2023 – Worth the Money?
- Cub Cadet CC600 & CC800 Lawn Mower Review 2023 – More Power!
- Spear & Jackson Corded Electric Lawnmower Review 2023 – Assembly Tips on
- Spear & Jackson Corded Electric Lawnmower Review 2023 – Assembly Tips on
- PowerSmart Lawnmower Reviews 2023 – Push Vs Self Propelled on
- Cheap Lawnmowers UK 2023 💰 Best Value Brands on
- Stiga Ride on Lawnmower Reviews 2023 – Top Picks on