If you are considering buying a Hayter Hawk lawnmower in the coming days, then make sure to check out our detailed Hayter Hawk Cordless lawnmower review which will outline all the key features that they offer plus the main pros and cons that we came across during our review.
We have also included a video insert so that you can see it in action plus a detailed comparison table at the end of this page where you can compare all of these features yourself side by side.
Batteries and Chargers
While you get the recommended batteries and chargers included with the specific lawnmower, there is the possibility to browse through more powerful batteries and chargers if you wish. Not only do they have 2.5Ah batteries, but they also have 4Ah, 6Ah and 7.5Ah batteries available in their Hayter range. Likewise, in addition to the standard 60V 2 Amp charger, there is also a faster charger 60V 5.5 Amp available in their portfolio for a quicker recharging time which is good to know.
Hayter Hawk Cordless Lawnmower Variations
When you are choosing a Hayter Hawk Cordless lawnmower, there are 3 main options for you to choose from. Starting off is the lower priced Hawk 36cm Push cordless lawnmower which is designed for smaller garden sizes that are only 200-250m2 in size. For medium or larger gardens up to 300-350m2, you have the Hayter Hawk 43cm cordless Push 60V lawnmower and then the most expensive Hayter Hawk 43cm Self-propelled Auto-drive lawnmower and both of these are powered by a stronger more powerful 60V 4Ah battery.
If you need a self-propelled electric lawnmower that gives you lawn stripes as well, then the Hayter Hawk 43cm AD Auto-drive 555A lawnmower would be the best solution for you.
Hayter Hawk Cordless Lawnmower – 3 Recommendations
Option 1: Hayter Hawk 36 Push 60V Cordless Rear Roller Lawnmower 553A
This is the smaller and lower priced Hayter Hawk lawnmower that offers a 36cm mowing path and it is designed for smaller lawns up to 200-250m2 in size. It comes with a 60V 2.5Ah battery and a 2 Amp charger and you can expect to get 20-25 minutes mowing runtime depending on your lawn conditions. It starts with a push of a button and the big advantage is that it can be stored vertically saving you space in your garden shed.
You get the single rear roller, a polymer ABS deck that won’t corrode and the power boost technology in the battery for dealing with more difficult mowing conditions when needed. You have the easy starting with the press of a button and there are 6 mowing heights that range from 1.9cm up to 7cm controlled with a button press plus it is supported with a brushless motor.
For longer grasses, you should start at the higher mow settings and work your way down on the 2nd and 3rd pass and the integrated carry handle works great from a portability point of view. This lawnmower weighs 20.3kg, the grass collection bag is quite good at 40L capacity and it is covered with a 3 year warranty.
Price Guide: £500 - £700
Option 2: Hayter Hawk 43 Push 60V Cordless Rear Roller Lawnmower 554A
This larger cordless push lawnmower comes with a more powerful 4Ah battery so it can cover larger lawn sizes up to 300-350m2 in our opinion. Like the 36, it can be stored vertically saving you space in your shed and the more powerful battery is better equipped for giving you longer mowing times and dealing with slightly more difficult mowing conditions.
Starting the lawnmower is done with the press of a button and the weight is 24kg for pushing so bear this in mind as you don’t have the self-propelled auto-drive support on this particular 554A lawnmower. The rear rollers work better with the heavier frame to give the lawn garden stripes and it is both engineered and designed in the UK.
In addition to the extra power, you also have the same brushless motor and you will need to start at the higher mow heights when dealing with longer or lush thicker grasses.
It also has the integrated handle for carrying plus the same mow heights 1.9cm to 6cm and the polymer ABS deck is resistant to rust and corrosion. Another thing you will like is the innovative operator presence controllers on the top lever for an overall improved, better quality and enjoyable mowing experience.
Price Guide: £700 - £800
Read also: Webb Electric Lawnmower review
Option 3: Hayter Hawk 43 AD 60V Cordless Rear Roller Lawnmower 555A
For those of you who want a self-propelled variable speed cordless lawnmower with rear rollers, then this Hayter Hawk 43 Auto-Drive 60V Cordless Rear Roller Lawnmower code 554A would be the best solution for you. It offers multiple mowing features in the same mowing machine but please note there is no side discharge or mulch plug included due to the rear rollers.
The big attraction here is the self-propelled support and the speed on the auto-drive operates from a nice steady walking pace of 2.9 to 4km per hour which takes away all the strain and hard work associated with mowing gardens – all you have to do is walk behind it and steer it. It is designed also for lawn sizes 300-350m2 as a rough guide and it comes with the 4Ah battery and the standard 2 Amp battery charger.
There are the same mowing heights 1.9cm to 7cm plus the single piece polymer rear roller for the stripes and the grass collection bag offers a storage capacity of 50 litres. It’s the heaviest Hayter Hawk lawnmower coming in at 27kg but you have the self-propelled support to help you get you around the garden. This is the best and most expensive Hayter Hawk lawnmower in the current range and it is also backed with their 3 year warranty
Price Guide: £800 - £900
Video: Overview of the Hayter Hawk 43 Cordless Lawnmower
Pros for the Hayter Hawk Cordless Lawnmowers
- It is designed and engineered in the UK so you are supporting your own – plus it is a reliable brand with a strong reputation for quality, customer service and long lasting lawn mowers
- The folding ability is better than most other lawnmowers and it can be stored vertically saving you space in your shed
- For changing the mow heights, they are adjusted with the press of a button rather than a lever which works great
- The onboard power meter is a nice addition to have and the noise levels are lower than the petrol lawnmowers - plus there are no fuels, oils, power cords or emissions to worry about
- Battery usage power can adapt to the mowing conditions as it includes the Power boost feature – giving you more power when you need it most
- You get a 3 year warranty to protect your investment plus a 90 day money back guarantee from the supply base in Gloucester for extra peace of mind.
Cons for the Hayter Hawk Cordless Lawnmowers
- They lack the power offered by petrol lawnmowers to deal with difficult mowing conditions, so you need to mow more regularly instead of letting the grass grow out of control
- Recharging of the battery with the standard 2 Amp charger takes a lot longer than we expected (the faster 5.5 Amp charger costs a good deal more)
- The quality of the striped finish from the rear rollers is quite good but doesn’t work as well as the heavier petrol Hayter Harrier Rear roller lawnmowers in our opinion
- They are limited to smaller lawns only 200m2 – 350m2 so measure up your own lawn area before you make any purchasing decision
- The price level is on a much higher level than many other brands – there are plenty of other cordless lawnmowers (without a rear roller) available in the market at much lower prices (check out the 2 options below)
- Prices for the stronger batteries and chargers are significantly higher than we expected, for example the 7.5Ah battery costs over £300, a spare 4Ah battery costs over £200 and the faster charger is approx. £100 extra!
Lower Priced Cordless Lawnmower Comparisons
Hayter Hawk Comparison Table
To add further clarity on these Hayter Hawk Cordless lawnmowers, feel free to check out the comparison table below where you can see each of the features side by side
|Hayter Hawk||Hawk 36 553A||Hawk 43 554A||Hawk 43AD 555A|
|Speed||N/A||N/A||2.9 – 4km/hr|
|Battery||2.5Ah 60V||4.0Ah 60V||4.0Ah 60V|
|Starter||Push button||Push button||Push button|
|Lawn size guide||Up to 200m2||Up to 300-350m2||Up to 300-350m2|
|Motor||Brushless DC||Brushless DC||Brushless DC|
|Deck||ABS Polymer||ABS Polymer||ABS Polymer|
|Rear Roller||Single Polymer||Single Polymer||Single Polymer|
|Grass Bag||40L capacity||50L capacity||50L capacity|
|Home warranty||3 years||3 years||3 years|
After completing our Hayter Hawk Lawnmower review, we hope our work here can help you out and perhaps give you a better idea on the different options available to you. Which one would we buy? Without a doubt it would have to be the self-propelled Hawk 43cm Auto-drive 555A lawnmower from the 3 options outlined earlier and further information along with updated prices can be double checked below.
That being said, we felt that the price level was too high for what you get so we would only recommend it to people who have the extra disposable income available as there are plenty of other reliable cordless lawnmowers available across the market at significantly lower prices.
Hayter Hawk Cordless Lawnmower Feedback
Have you ever used a cordless Hayter Hawk lawnmower in the past? If so, please share your own feedback and experiences with the wider mowing community by leaving a comment in the comment box section provided below….
- Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 Tractor Mower Review 2023 – Vs XT1 LT50 FAB & XT1 LT42B
- Cub Cadet CC30H Compact Riding Mower Review 2023 – Pros vs Cons
- Cub Cadet SC900 Lawn Mower Review 2023 – Pros & Cons
- Cub Cadet SC500K Lawn Mower Review 2023 – Worth the Money?
- Cub Cadet CC600 & CC800 Lawn Mower Review 2023 – More Power!
- Spear & Jackson Corded Electric Lawnmower Review 2023 – Assembly Tips on
- Spear & Jackson Corded Electric Lawnmower Review 2023 – Assembly Tips on
- PowerSmart Lawnmower Reviews 2023 – Push Vs Self Propelled on
- Cheap Lawnmowers UK 2023 💰 Best Value Brands on
- Stiga Ride on Lawnmower Reviews 2023 – Top Picks on