Are you thinking about buying a Bosch Corded Electric Grass trimmer over the next few days? If so, then check out our Bosch Grass Trimmer review which will cover 3 different corded trimmers under this brand so at least you have more than just one option when it comes to making your own final decision. We have looked at the 23cm 280W lowest priced trimmer, the wider 26cm corded trimmer and also the more powerful Bosch Art 30cm corded trimmer and we will outline what we believe is the best option to choose from based on our own trimming work experiences.
There is also some assembly tips and spool changing tips outlined further below on this page for the Bosch Art30+ that may be of interest to you along with some FAQ’s that we came across that should answer some of the queries that you may have. Bosch are a leading brand in this sector so after reviewing their lawnmowers, we also wanted to take a closer look at their grass trimmers to see how good they really are. A price comparison option versus the cordless trimmer is also outlined further down on this page that you can check out also.
Electric Corded Grass Trimmer Review Content:
- Part 1: Brief Overview with FAQ’s
- Part 2: Bosch Corded 23cm 280V Grass Trimmer Review
- Part 3: Alternative Corded Options (larger)
- Part 4: Technical Information & Trouble Shooting Problems
- Part 5: Assembly and Spool Line Changing Tips
- Part 6: Our Conclusion
As guide prices can only be published at the time of this Bosch Grass trimmer review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Read also: Our Bosch Lawnmower Review Here
Part 1: Brief Overview with FAQ’s
|Model:||Bosch EasyGrassCut 23 Corded Grass Trimmer|
|Trim Width:||23cm wide|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Argos UK – View Stock Availability Here|
|Warranty:||Standard 2 years|
|Support:||Bosch customer support at 0344 736 0109|
FAQ’s for the Bosch 23cm Corded Grass Trimmer:
Q1. How long is the cord for this Bosch grass trimmer?
A. The length of the cord for the Bosch 280W grass trimmer is only 6m long.
Q2. Can the length of this shaft be extended for taller people?
A. No, the telescopic shaft cannot be adjusted for shorter or taller people for this specific trimmer
Q3. How heavy is this tool to work with?
A. After reviewing many other models, this trimmer is one of the lightest to work with coming in at less than 2kg
Q4. Where can you get additional spool lines?
A. The spool line 1.6mm is readily available to order online – view examples here from Amazon UK
Q5. Can you wind a line to replace it instead of replacing the spool?
A. You are better off replacing the spool – otherwise it tends to get stuck
Q6. How long is the cutting trimming line?
A. The line length here for this trimmer is 4m long
Q7. Can it cut lawns as well as trimming the edges?
A. The quality of the finish would not be a clean as a lawnmower, but it can manage small grass area patches all the same.
Part 2: Bosch Corded 23cm 280V Grass Trimmer Review
Bosch 280W EasyGrassCut 23cm Corded Grass Trimmer
Key Features in Summary:
Lowest price trimmer option
Ideal for bargain hunters
280W power, 23cm wide
Lightweight at 1.7kg
Soft grip handle, rotating head
Auto line feed, nylon line
Minimum assembly needed
Ready to trim from the box
Adjustable auxiliary handle
Anti- vibration for more comfort
Safety guard included
Cable cord 6m long, 1.6mm line
Warranty is 2 years long
Pros for the Bosch 280W Corded Grass Trimmer
- The first thing that stands out here is the significantly lower price tag associated to this trimmer. If you are looking for a cheap and cheerful trimmer for basic, lighter duty work, then you don’t need to look much further than this
- The adjustable auxiliary handle works well to give further holding options and personalised balance and angle trimming
- Many other grass trimmers can be 3kg+ which gets tiresome after a while, but this trimmer is one of the lightest we have come across coming in at a little less than just 2kg in weight which supports longer trimming jobs without arm fatigue setting in
- Basic and effective, cheap and cheerful trimmer tool designed for light trimming work which will certainly tick a box for people who need a trimmer at the lowest possible price.
- Additional spool lines are also readily available to order online with Amazon UK – view availability here
Cons for the Bosch 280W Corded Grass Trimmer:
- Many other grass trimmers have cords that are 10m long, but this grass trimmer’s cord is only 6m and way too short for our needs. An additional extension cord was needed which is an added expense that you need to factor in before you buy.
- The telescopic shaft cannot be adjusted like that many other trimmers can do – other models we have seen have telescopic shafts that can be extended for taller people while this one cannot.
- Even though it has the auto line feed, it lacks the superior command line feed system offered by Worx grass trimmers.
- Both McGregor and Spear & Jackson offer 10m long cords which again is far superior than the 6m cord offered here.
- Isolated problems have been reported with threading the line cord which can be trickier than you think. Problems of line snapping and breaking and minor problems of line loading and the auto line feed have also been reported which would be a concern
- Spear & Jackson offer an additional spare spool line while you only get the single spool line included with this delivery
Price Guide: Less than £40 @ Argos UK (2-year warranty)
Part 3: Alternative Corded Options
If you have slightly more money to spend and you would like to consider other options from Bosch that include an adjustable shaft, then check out 2 other options outlined below that may be of interest to you as follows.
1, Bosch EasyGrassCut 280W 26cm Corded Grass Trimmer
Key Features to Note:
280W 18V power 26cm trim width
Adjustable auxiliary handle
Soft grip handle and rotating head
Semi-automatic line feed system
Cable cord 6m long, Plant safety guard
Lightweight design at less than 2kg
Warranty duration is 2 years
Price Guide: Less than £50 @ Argos UK
2, Bosch ART30+ 550W 30cm Corded Electric Grass Trimmer
Key Features to Note:
Superior power offered of 550W
Higher premium alternative – wheel support
Automatic line feed & adjustable shaft
One click system rotatable head
Designed for easier edging accuracy
Wider cutting width of 30cm, cord still 6m long
Warranty duration is 2 years also
Price Guide: Less than £90 @ Argos UK
A brief comparison table is outlined below for the 3 corded grass trimmers from Bosch in this review so feel free to make whatever comparisons you need to make yourself.
|Model:||Bosch 23cm||Bosch 26cm||Bosch ART30+|
|Trim Width:||23cm wide||26cm wide||30cm wide|
|Cable Cord:||6m long||6m long||6m long|
|Line Feed:||Auto feed||Auto feed||Auto feed|
|Line Length:||4m long||4m long||4m long|
|Warranty:||2 years||2 years||2 years|
Part 4: Technical Information & Trouble Shooting Problems
This technical diagram below is for the more popular and more reliable Bosch Art 30+ grass trimmer and includes all the information you need such as the rated powers, cutting line diameters, spool capacity and cutting systems.
Trouble Shooting Problems
Some of the more common issues or problems that can arise are outlined below along with the suggested solutions to get them resolved such as why the trimmer might fail to start, why the line cannot be fed and why the line may keep breaking. The answers for these potential problems are outlined below that should help you and more information is provided in the manual included in the box delivery.
Part 5: Assembly and Spool Line Changing Tips
If you need some tips on the assembly or even spool changing for the Bosch Art30+ grass trimmer before you buy, then check out some of the steps and images outlined below (swipe left or right if on mobile). All of this information is covered in the manual with the box delivery (in various languages) but this will give you an idea of what is involved if you decide to buy.
Part 6: Our Conclusion
Which one would we choose? Our own personal preference would definitely have to be the Bosch Art 30cm corded trimmer as the level of power is far stronger and you get the wheel support to reduce any arm fatigue that can set in. The 280W trimmer is really only designed for light edge trimming work and for small gardens for tidying up after the lawnmower but we didn’t like the fact that the cord was so short and that there were so many previous issues with the line feeding and line breakages.
The corded grass trimmer from Bosch that we would recommend the most based on our experiences would definitely have to be he Bosch Art30+ model but even at that, we would have much preferred if the cable length was longer such as other brands that offer 10m long cable cords.
Have you ever used a Bosch corded grass trimmer yourself in the recent past? Anything positive or negative to say about it?
If possible, please educate others in the UK community by leaving your feedback or comment in the comment box section provided below.