Greetings once again and many thanks for taking the time to visit this brief Bosch Rotak 36 Corded Lawnmower review which will outline everything you need to be aware of before you make any buying decisions.
We will outline all the main pros (positives), cons (negatives), the key features plus a comparison table against other Bosch lawn mowers under the Bosch brand which will help let you know if indeed this is the right lawn mower for you or not.
Before we begin, please be aware that guide prices can only be presented at the time of this review as prices can change slightly from month to month or even week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
This brief review will be outlined in 4 main parts as follows:
Part 1 – Quick Overview & Frequently Asked Questions
Part 2 – Review of the Features, Pros and Cons that came up
Part 3 – Comparison Table vs other Bosch Corded Lawnmowers
Part 4 – Price comparison options across the market
Part 1: Overview & FAQ’s
|Model:||Bosch Rotak 36R Electric Rotary Lawnmower|
|Warranty:||2 years - can be extended to 3 years if registered online (mybosch .com)|
|Orders Online:||Yes, with hassle free home delivery|
|Price Range:||£100 to £150 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Amazon UK – View Todays Price Here|
|Support:||Service or repairs on 03447360109|
Frequently Asked Questions for the Bosch 36cm Corded Lawn mower:
Q. Does it include rear rollers for stripes?
A. Yes, it includes rear rollers for stripes across the mow paths
Q. Is it self-propelled for hills?
A. No, this is a push lawn mower model
Q. How do the handles fold down?
A. You need to unscrew the screws / knobs and then fold down (can be difficult to do)
Q. What are the boxed dimensions for shipping?
A. The boxed dimensions are 61.8cm by 40.4cm by 37cm
Q. How long is the power cord provided?
A. The length of the power cord here is 10m long
Q. What are the minimum and maximum mow heights?
A. This lawn mower can cut from 2cm up to 7cm across 6 different settings
Q. Do the blades need to be replaced in time?
A. No, they only need to be sharpened by a local representative ideally at the start of each season
Q. Are replacement blades available to buy?
A. Yes, replacement blades available to buy separately
Q. What size lawn is it suitable for?
A. It is suitable for lawns up to 300m2 and in some cases 400m2
Q. Can I use extension an cord if the cable is too short?
A. Yes, you can use an extension cord but needs to be bought separately
Part 2 – Bosch Rotak 36 Review - Features, Pros and Cons
Bosch Rotak 36R Electric Rotary Lawnmower 1350W
Main Features Available:
- Corded 1350W Electric lawn mower with a Powerdrive motor suitable for small to medium sized lawns with a 36cm wide cutting path
- Includes a grass box container with a capacity of 40L and has the single lever height adjustor as standard
- Provides you with the Ergonomic fold-down handle and also the stackable grass box for better control and compact storage
- Includes the integrated rear roller for stripes and also the grass combs on the side for better performance around borders
- The box dimensions are 61.8cm by 40.4cm by 37cm
- Power cable provided is 10m long and an instruction assembly manual is included
- 6 different mow heights are provided that range from 2cm up as far as 7cm
- The price when last seen on sale with Amazon UK was in the £100 to £150 region which of course can be double checked below if needed
Further images are outlined below:
Main Pros Available:
- When comparing against the cordless models under the Bosch brand, the price level here is considerably less so there are lots of savings to be made.
- No charging of batteries to worry about plus no additional expensive batteries as back up
- The grass combs on the side are a great help around borders, boundaries, flower beds and fences to reduce the level of strimming needed afterwards.
- This model also includes the rear rollers, which provide attractive looking stripes across the lawn
- If you have limited storage space, the handles can be folded down which is perfect for people who have limited space in their sheds – plus the grass box is stackable which helps even further
- Has the ability to deal with tall grass as well as damp grass with its Powerdrive motor
- You get the Ergoflex handles which helps with posture as you work and also for better control and steering.
- Adjusting the mow heights is quick and easy by using the single lever height adjustor
- Performs great around flower beds, walls, paths or fences with the grass combs and reducing the strimming needed afterwards
Main Cons Outlined:
- Too small for larger type lawns. If your lawn if over 300/400m2, then look for a wider model to save time
- Grass box container has a lower capacity than the 37cm model by 10L which means more frequent emptying
- You need to always take extra precaution with a cord laying across your lawn as you work and develop a technique to avoid it on your mow paths
- Length of the power cord is only 10m which is shorter than other models we have seen that have 12m or 15m cords.
- Assembly is not as simple as it looks and requires a certain level of skill and attention to detail.
- It is not self propelled which means extra work and strain if you have steep hills or slopes to deal with
- If you have long grass, then the grass box even at 40L will fill up very quickly and needs very frequent emptying
- Putting the handles down and compacting it is not as easy as one would think – requires some effort when it comes to storing it away after use
- On some occasions, the grass box didn’t attach and perform as well as expected which meant additional work of cleaning up after the job was done
Selection of Consumer Positive Comments:
- Great value for money and was available for a lower price than originally thought – good value overall for the price that you pay
- The level of grass collection was quite good with very little cleaning work needed after.
- Nice ergoflex handles were comfortable and made the steering a whole lot easier
- Did a good job around the fences and flower beds – little to no strimming needed
- Adjusting the mow heights worked well especially when using the higher levels for tall grass
- Easy to push and carry and gave nice stripes across the entire lawn area – does what it says on the box!
Selection of Consumer Negative Comments:
- Thought it would be wider and should have selected a 40 or 43cm for larger lawns
- The grass box is somewhat flimsy and could be fitted better to prevent grass clippings from falling out
- Attaching the handles could be a lot easier as they did not line up as good as they should
- Cord was shorter than expected and it tended to clog up a bit with wet grass
- Motor caused problems on some occasions and would have expected a lot better from Bosch - also took longer than expected to assemble
- Compacting and folding the handles was a lot more difficult than anticipated
Part 3 – Comparison Table of Bosch Corded Lawn Mowers
A comparison table is outlined below which compares the Bosch Rotak 36cm to various other corded lawn mowers under the Bosch brand…
|Feature:||Rotak 36cm Corded||Rotak 34cm Corded||Rotak 37cm Corded|
|Grass bag Size:||40L capacity||40L capacity||50L capacity|
|Mow Heights:||2cm to 7cm||2cm to 7cm||2cm to 7cm|
|Warranty:||2 to 3 years||2 to 3 years||2 to 3 years|
|Cable Size:||10m long||10m long||10m long|
Part 4 – Price comparison options
If you need to compare various prices across the marketplace, then make sure to take a quick look at the options provided below that will be of interest to you…
If after reading this review that you are still undecided, then feel free also to take a look at further reviews which have been completed outlined as follows:
- Bosch 32cm Cordless Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- Bosch 34cm Corded Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- Flymo Mighti-Mo Rotary Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- Flymo Speedimo Rotary Lawnmower Review - Take a Look Here
- McGregor Lawn Mower Reviews - Take a Look Here
- Spear & Jackson Lawn Mower Reviews – Take a Look Here
Have you any previous experience of using a Bosch 36cm Corded Lawnmower in the past? If so, please educate the UK community by leaving your feedback good or bad in the comment section provided below – So that they can learn also! (any personal data is kept strictly confidential – you need to tick the storage box first before submitting)
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to read this review and best of luck with your final decision
More Lawn Mower Reviews:
- Spear & Jackson Lawn Mower Reviews – 5 Model Compilation
- Scotts Reel Mower Reviews – The Good & The Bad!!!
- Fiskars 18 Reel Lawn Mower Reviews – Incudes FAQ’s, Pros, Cons & More
- Sun Joe Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review – MJ401E vs MJ402E vs MJ403E
- Greenworks Corded Lawn Mower Reviews – 25142 vs 25012 vs 25022
- Bosch Rotak 34 Lawnmower Review – With Video & FAQ’s on
- Bosch Rotak 34 Lawnmower Review – With Video & FAQ’s on
- Hyundai Lawn Mower Reviews – Across Multiple Models on
- Greenworks 25112 Lawn Mower Review – With FAQ’s and Comparisons on
- Sun Joe Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review – MJ401E vs MJ402E vs MJ403E on